ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Game Thread

We are an all around pretty bad team.

3rd string QB is pretty bad. Our Defense is terrible.

Oh well. Another long season.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Different Roster, different coordinator, different defensive formation.

Couldn't understand why people thought Dillon Gabriel would still be spooked by our defense.

Reactions: quincy101
Different Roster, different coordinator, different defensive formation.

Couldn't understand why people thought Dillon Gabriel would still be spooked by our defense.
Because nobody watches football without their gold colored glasses on. I’ve been saying OU was better than Washington and Gabriel is better than people around here like to think.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
If williams was healthy then why didnt he start
I had to give up my tickets because my wife had to have surgery. This questions is my main one, as well.

Defense should get better, as said. New staff, new scheme.

A few more throws like that and we will be able to hear our band.

Giving Wilson some grace this season. But yeah, that's a huge head scratcher to not start the kid that went 13-14 in his last full game.

Reactions: OKTornadoes
I imagine Cardell is not 100%, and Wilson was trying to protect him. When he realized we weren't doing anything with Fuller and all the interceptions he switched. I think this a mistake, because our defense will not let us make a 28 pt comeback. Should have continued protecting him because we aren't going to win this game.

Reactions: loca2874
Unpopular take, I know. But, I am kind of missing watching Monty actually make Top 25 teams sweat lol. Not missing the losses and game clock management.

I honestly didn't expect this to be such a mess, at least this early.

I'm a little concerned that we haven't got any CB commits yet. It's the weakest position on our team. Won't matter how strong the rest of our team is if we don't improve that position.

As a lifelong Tulsa fan, I dont think I've seen a secondary this bad, ever.
See if you can find some video under Blankenship’s last 2 years.

That said, the secondary this year is absolutely horrendous. Not just talent-wise but losing their guys in man coverage on motion or play action. I think losing the DC and not making it a priority to fill the role didn’t help.

Unpopular take, I know. But, I am kind of missing watching Monty actually make Top 25 teams sweat lol. Not missing the losses and game clock management.

I honestly didn't expect this to be such a mess, at least this early.

It's his first season, and he's having to recruit over Monty's poor recruiting in the last couple of years. Give him some time. The season will get better when we aren't facing top ten teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT