ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Game Thread

2 of 3 games and the QB’s come out and turn it over 3 times.
Terrible scouting and/or preparation.
The defense has looked Burns level bad in 2 of 3 games as well.

Don’t know what I hate more. Being in these games and losing because of stupid penalties or just getting or just plain getting our azzes kicked.
This! Also, to add to Dr's point, when is the last time we were so stagnant that an announce team mocked us a Univeristy AND a Division 1 FB team? I was semi-young (lol) for the truly terrible years, but score wise these are looking almost if not as worse than the Burns era and Bill's 2014 squad.

Steve, Todd, and initially Phil, were good at utilizing weapons properly. Having watched a lot of the OK recruits play, I feel like sometimes the best guys aren't even on the field. Presley and Crooks are surely not too far off from what they were for Bixby and Cushing. They should be utilizing these guys as "jokers". They would open up the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: drboobay
Wilson and his program has a history of not playing to win against good opponents. I think he has a tendency to roll over before the first snap is ever taken if he thinks the other team outclasses his.

Then later he makes a lot of excuses about it.

*Note…. This is for his tenure as a head coach, as a young assistant he had his offense competing.

Reactions: OKTornadoes
This season will get better starting next week. I still don't think a bowl is out of reach.
Maybe, but our defense needs to improve drastically. Perhaps I've gotten spoiled by guys like Collins, Gipson and Robinson in recent years. What I'm seeing is not good enough - it is a tremendous regression of quality.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
2 of 3 games and the QB’s come out and turn it over 3 times.
Terrible scouting and/or preparation.
The defense has looked Burns level bad in 2 of 3 games as well.

Don’t know what I hate more. Being in these games and losing because of stupid penalties or just getting or just plain getting our azzes kicked.
You mentioned the "Coach That Shall Not Be Named"!

• Haha
We need to beat OSU in one of those games or I will consider Wilson to be a bad hire.
We need to beat OSU in one of those two contests for sure. But I don't consider any coach to be a bad hire off of one or two games. Everybody is melting, that's fine.

I sat through lopsided games like this in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, 20s... at least when the HUNH was here, we were on the right end of some of those games. The NCAA has ruined college athletics, but I think they are aiming to build a tier level in Division I based on revenue. At least we are better than Rice... oh... maybe not

We need to beat OSU in one of those two contests for sure. But I don't consider any coach to be a bad hire off of one or two games. Everybody is melting, that's fine.
Fair enough. Like I said if OU and Washington are playoff teams today will make more sense. Still not ok but a little more understandable.

Definitely not going to melt yet, we are in year 1 of a major rebuild ,we got our butts kicked by 2 really good teams at their peak, we need to go up to NIU and get a W. I will be there for it

They havent dropped them today. I am still not saying that OU is better than Washington. That said I am not saying Washington is better than Oklahoma. You can show Gabriel all the love you want. I will not.
Again, take your gold colored glasses off when you watch college football. I love Tulsa football but as a college football fan, I follow a lot of it. Gabriel is getting love from me because the dude is a heck of a ball player and is better this year whether you think so or not. The fact that you won’t give props to a dude who just went 28/31 with 421 yards and 5 TDs tells me all I need to know about the kind of college football fan you are.

Reactions: TulsaGrad07
Again, take your gold colored glasses off when you watch college football. I love Tulsa football but as a college football fan, I follow a lot of it. Gabriel is getting love from me because the dude is a heck of a ball player and is better this year whether you think so or not. The fact that you won’t give props to a dude who just went 28/31 with 421 yards and 5 TDs tells me all I need to know about the kind of college football fan you are.
Against one of the crappier secondaries in college football. I'll wait to assess Gabriel.

I sat through lopsided games like this in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, 20s... at least when the HUNH was here, we were on the right end of some of those games. The NCAA has ruined college athletics, but I think they are aiming to build a tier level in Division I based on revenue. At least we are better than Rice... oh... maybe not
We get it. You were born during World War 1 Jesus Christ

Against one of the crappier secondaries in college football. I'll wait to assess Gabriel.
It’s always moving the goalposts for a lot of y’all. “Well this should be a game well after halftime”, “well Gabriel should be scared coming here”, blah blah. He shreds the defense and now its “wait and see”. Sometimes this fan base is just as bad as the OU or Arkansas fan base. Completely blind to anything else college football outside of this teams bubble.

Reactions: bigdad48
It’s always moving the goalposts for a lot of y’all. “Well this should be a game well after halftime”, “well Gabriel should be scared coming here”, blah blah. He shreds the defense and now its “wait and see”. Sometimes this fan base is just as bad as the OU or Arkansas fan base. Completely blind to anything else college football outside of this teams bubble.
I never said any of that stuff, nor anything close to it. I was unsure, and didn't make a prediction. I'm still not sure how they'll hold up against better teams. I hope they do well though, that makes us look better.

As much as I want wilson to be so much better than monty...The runs up the middle, no misdirection, no playaction into the flat or anything is a bit confounding. i thought presley was the 2nd coming of damaris...why don't we get him on the edge in space?
A great deal of Wilson’s work has been done off the field to this point. The program needed a reset of the culture, focus on academics, and accountability and it appears that he’s doing an outstanding job there. It’s going to take a year our two to fill out the roster.

Our defense is suspect. I have been saying that since the APB game. Gabriel Dillon has not shown me anything so far. Oklahoma has played Arkansas State, SMU and Tulsa. Two of those teams have bad defenses. The beat SMU 28-11. Against SMU he had 176 yards. So no I am not giving that guy any love. Apparently that tells me what kind of College football fan and at that TU fan that you are.

We just go ahead and lump you in with TUGrad, Original and Panic. You do more TU hate then TU Love.

A great deal of Wilson’s work has been done off the field to this point. The program needed a reset of the culture, focus on academics, and accountability and it appears that he’s doing an outstanding job there. It’s going to take a year our two to fill out the roster.
both of these we expected to be losses. Just not as bad as they were. I really think that I didnt think our defense would drop off as much as it did.

both of these we expected to be losses. Just not as bad as they were. I really think that I didnt think our defense would drop off as much as it did.
Agreed, I expected more as well. It’s clear that Gillespie leaving for TCU hurt the talent pool in some key areas and left the cupboard bare.

Reactions: loca2874
Our defense is suspect. I have been saying that since the APB game. Gabriel Dillon has not shown me anything so far. Oklahoma has played Arkansas State, SMU and Tulsa. Two of those teams have bad defenses. The beat SMU 28-11. Against SMU he had 176 yards. So no I am not giving that guy any love. Apparently that tells me what kind of College football fan and at that TU fan that you are.

We just go ahead and lump you in with TUGrad, Original and Panic. You do more TU hate then TU Love.
Lol loving TU football and loving college football in general can go hand in hand. Y’all are soft. We were dominated by a really good team. I’m just stating facts and you’re whining about how that team and someone on that team really isn’t that good.

Fine. I’ll let you believe we lost to turrible team. I however, believe we lost to a great team with a really good QB. I’ll let you decide which sounds better.

Just sucks I never realized how trash our fan base really is.

South Alabama is up on OSU 16-0. I cannot accept that we are simply done, winds of change aside, I believe we can be successful as a program again. I am simply questioning some decisions made by the staff. I was proud of TU and a fan many years before I ever stepped foot on campus to further myself. We have a very storied program, and I simply want to see tenable success.

I believe if Monty had an OC, things may have progressed better. I will again admit, I miss the results of these types of games not being a mental fait accompli. Yes, we still usually lost, but a few of them (OSU 2020 & 2021/OU 2015/Texas 2018/Cincinnati 2020) were simply affected by some unfortunate calls. I don't claim to be an expert, but I am extremely passionate about building that success. Here is to a W against NIU!

I am not saying I miss Monty or doubt Wilson/the ability of OU/Washington. I am just pointing a few things out.

Last edited:
I never said any of that stuff, nor anything close to it. I was unsure, and didn't make a prediction. I'm still not sure how they'll hold up against better teams. I hope they do well though, that makes us look better.
I didn’t say you in particular. I was going to actually specify you hadn’t said that but I didn’t. I apologize. I should’ve been a bit more clear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT