ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Game Thread

I left before the end of the first quarter. My OU cousin didn't understand why! I give our offense a pass because we have not had our first string QB yet this season. But this defense has been a huge disappointment, even against an FCS opponent. And our secondary is not very different from a personnel standpoint than last season.

Now watching from the couch.

It's his first season, and he's having to recruit over Monty's poor recruiting in the last couple of years. Give him some time. The season will get better when we aren't facing top ten teams.

And Cardell looks really good
I totally agree with you both! It was a tongue in cheek comment.

Offense definitely is looking good with Cardell. I am only scratching my head about the amount of time Fuller was allowed to play. I have faith in KW and Steve. I think this pick could be big.

We are going on nearly 1 1/2 games without forcing a punt.

Our play calling is suspect. There have been many times over the last 3 weeks where we have tried a run / zone read on 3rd and 7 in the middle of the field with the other team showing a fully stacked box. Legitimately bad play calling. I haven't seen anything that makes me think this will end better than Monty.

I'm seeing bad schemes on both sides of the ball, not just a lack of talent.

I left before the end of the first quarter. My OU cousin didn't understand why! I give our offense a pass because we have not had our first string QB yet this season. But this defense has been a huge disappointment, even against an FCS opponent. And our secondary is not very different from a personnel standpoint than last season.

Now watching from the couch.
Wow what a true fan.. Why not give your ticket for someone that would like to experience this game win or lose.

Im sure your couch enjoyed you not being on it for a change. Embarrassing

Reactions: libertychamp
I doubt we wouldve won with Cardell...I still dont get it.

Im glad hes not really hurt.

We should be able to compete in a very bad conference this year.

Reactions: libertychamp
Wow what a true fan.. Why not give your ticket for someone that would like to experience this game win or lose.

I care too much. It is too painful to sit and watch our subpar defense get drilled for three hours, especially with a sea of red around me. It would ruin my anniversary dinner tonight. If you lived or died by TU wins and losses, you would know what I mean. And I have lived and died by TU wins and losses for over three decades now.

I care too much. It is too painful to sit and watch our subpar defense get drilled for three hours, especially with a sea of red around me. It would ruin my anniversary dinner tonight. If you lived or died by TU wins and losses, you would know what I mean. And I have lived and died by TU wins and losses for over three decades now.
It's not good for your health at a certain point.

It would not have been 24 points down if Wilson had pulled Roman fullerbrushman after 1 pick just being honest defense is not responsible for short interception fields
I will agree with that to a point. I think after the second turnover he should have sat him if Williams was healthy enough to play. I do agree with Gmoney that he was probably being cautious with the young man as so far out of the three QB's that have played, Williams has performed the best. I know Braxton is the starter but he needs to ball out when he comes back or he can lose that spot to Williams.

If Rogers hadn't done the unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of that play, we might have kept them from scoring at all. Wow, our defense looks better in the red zone. Wonder why that is?

Reactions: loca2874
And we get the ball to start. Maybe we can score a TD and close the gap.

Probably wishful thinking but we look much better with Cardell running the offense.
Might only be a 10 point difference if Cardell had started. Carlisle is getting lit up light a Christmas tree on every deep throw. I guess this is just what we should have expected for a game like this. If they play THIS poorly against Arkansas in a couple years, I will renounce my allegiance to TU football and just masturbate on Saturdays.

I never understood this kind of attitude.

A true fan feels exceptional pain when their team is failing dismally. Now, whether you stay or leave is your business - it all depends on how you can best handle the pain.

If a loss doesn't ruin your evening, at the least, I don't think you are a true fan. For me, it's a great fight to avoid snapping at my family and making them miserable. So I'm working on avoiding that outcome.

I will agree with that to a point. I think after the second turnover he should have sat him if Williams was healthy enough to play. I do agree with Gmoney that he was probably being cautious with the young man as so far out of the three QB's that have played, Williams has performed the best. I know Braxton is the starter but he needs to ball out when he comes back or he can lose that spot to Williams.
I am happy that Braxton will probably be on a short leash when he is ready to play.

Reactions: loca2874
And we get the ball to start. Maybe we can score a TD and close the gap.

Probably wishful thinking but we look much better with Cardell running the offense.
There is nothing wrong with having hope and wanting the team to start chipping away at the lead.

Because nobody watches football without their gold colored glasses on. I’ve been saying OU was better than Washington and Gabriel is better than people around here like to think.
I do disagree with those that say Oklahoma is better than Washington. I will say the only reason we were not beat by 80 in Seattle is their Receivers were dropping passes.

Also as far as Gabriel is concerened. He is a good QB or he wouldnt get the opportunites that he has got. I dont see why we cant bring up the fact that he hasnt been able to beat TU. We could all care less if its not the same defense. If we can start getting into the backfield he will fold like a lawn chair. He always does.

Lastly, I hope his legs grow together during halftime.

GO TU!!!

At least he bought a ticket and supported Tulsa... That's a win at the entity-level... Wasn't a damn crimson and jizz fan taking his seat.

Reactions: drboobay
If Rogers hadn't done the unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of that play, we might have kept them from scoring at all. Wow, our defense looks better in the red zone. Wonder why that is?
Maybe stopping Ou rush inside the 29 and the entire field

I think this year we are probably an average team that can compete in our conference and go bowling . I think we are still headed in the right direction, it’s kind of hard to see that when you play two elite teams in a row when you are starting over . We aren’t losing these games because of bad coaching , we just simply don’t have the horse’s especially on defense right now to compete with these kind of offenses

Reactions: caneks
I think this year we are probably an average team that can compete in our conference and go bowling . I think we are still headed in the right direction, it’s kind of hard to see that when you play two elite teams in a row when you are starting over . We aren’t losing these games because of bad coaching , we just simply don’t have the horse’s especially on defense right now to compete with these kind of offenses
TBD if Oklahoma is an elite team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT