ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Game Thread

I think this year we are probably an average team that can compete in our conference and go bowling . I think we are still headed in the right direction, it’s kind of hard to see that when you play two elite teams in a row when you are starting over . We aren’t losing these games because of bad coaching , we just simply don’t have the horse’s especially on defense right now to compete with these kind of offenses
Our offense doesn't look average. A crappy defense at cause of cornerbacks doesn't mean we have an average team. It means we have a crappy defense.

Reactions: drboobay
Devan, Pressly, and Shoulders are making me proud of our receiving corps. Just need to get rid of a lot of extras in that corp at the end of the season.

Boy our pass defense is bad!

I guess what I would say is the jury is out on our defensive staff and system. Our personnel in the secondary are not much different than last season.

Reactions: OKTornadoes
Observations -

Tailgating good, but didn’t get to visit with Kendall, etc.

Wife had migraine and the loud nonstop music at the stadium didn’t help. We know the new sound system is powerful and sounds clear but it’s too effing loud.

As a result we left end of quarter 1. This prompted Wilson to remove Fuller and put in Williams. This helped the offense significantly. Why didn’t he start in the first place? Or play Kittleman?

Defense is disappointing.

At this point the only thing I'm interested in hearing is the postgame show.

There is nothing wrong with having hope and wanting the team to start chipping away at the lead.

I do disagree with those that say Oklahoma is better than Washington. I will say the only reason we were not beat by 80 in Seattle is their Receivers were dropping passes.

Also as far as Gabriel is concerened. He is a good QB or he wouldnt get the opportunites that he has got. I dont see why we cant bring up the fact that he hasnt been able to beat TU. We could all care less if its not the same defense. If we can start getting into the backfield he will fold like a lawn chair. He always does.

Lastly, I hope his legs grow together during halftime.

GO TU!!!
Better teams don’t drop passes. OU hasn’t. The run defense looks great but, regardless of how people feel about them around here, Gabriel and OU is absolutely the best team we have or will face through the air. Period.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
This has been way worse than expected, I am not exaggerating. I expected to make some noise. The decision to start Fuller is mind-boggling to me.

Our offensive play calling is NO BETTER than under Monty...
Stop running it up the damn middle!!!!

Will we give up 80 points? When was the last time that happened. I am kind of ashamed.

In other news, USF is tied with Alabama 3-3 at halftime. Think we are going to win some conference games? 8-ball says “not likely”…..
Alabama is overrated and Nick Satan will be fired.

2 of 3 games and the QB’s come out and turn it over 3 times.
Terrible scouting and/or preparation.
The defense has looked Burns level bad in 2 of 3 games as well.

Don’t know what I hate more. Being in these games and losing because of stupid penalties or just getting or just plain getting our azzes kicked.

Better teams don’t drop passes. OU hasn’t. The run defense looks great but, regardless of how people feel about them around here, Gabriel and OU is absolutely the best team we have or will face through the air. Period.
They havent dropped them today. I am still not saying that OU is better than Washington. That said I am not saying Washington is better than Oklahoma. You can show Gabriel all the love you want. I will not.

As much as I want wilson to be so much better than monty...The runs up the middle, no misdirection, no playaction into the flat or anything is a bit confounding. i thought presley was the 2nd coming of damaris...why don't we get him on the edge in space?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT