ADVERTISEMENT

NWSL

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
So two local Tulsa girls (and probably more) are playing in the NWSL right now. Taylor Malham is featuring at left full back for the Chicago Red Stars who are off to a 2-0 start. She is lucky to be playing in front of USWNT starting GK Alyssa Naeher. Parker Goins is playing for Racing Louisville and is usually the sub of choice to come in at the striker position each game. They have drawn each of their 1st two games.

I'm sure there are others from OK on NWSL rosters but these are the only two I watched play HS soccer in OK and they were part of one of the best senior classes to ever come out of a single HS. 7-8 went on to play D1.

The NWSL is a great league to watch. There’s also some former local coaches at a few of the clubs.

Reactions: TU_BLA
The NWSL is a great league to watch. There’s also some former local coaches at a few of the clubs.
It is fun to watch. It also seems to be the league of choice for the Brazilian women. I know Marta, despite retiring from int'l play is still on an NWSL roster as is Christine Sinclair. And most of the best American women are still in the league despite overtures from overseas and the EPL and French women's leagues. I watched the NY/NJ Gotham vs Portland match the other night and I believe one of the central MFs from the Spanish WC winning team played for NY. The quality is definitely there and now that they have an expanded TV exposure on multiple platforms it might grow as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT