ADVERTISEMENT

EPL 2023-2024

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
I'm starting this thread because our USMNT thread sort of got hijacked (by me and a couple others) into a discussion on EPL. I figure there are enough US players in EPL these days we can discuss the league in its own. I'll start:

Top 4 and UCL next season: I think what you see is what you're going to get. Liverpool, Arsenal, ManCity, and Villa. Spurs may sneak in but they've had a ton of impactful injuries in the back and they seem to have a CB pick up a red card every other game. I'm shocked Romero hasn't picked up a significant suspension (3 reds this season). I'd like to think Liverpool will win the league as they have the best GK in Allison but they're also inconsistent at their fullbacks and TAA can't figure out if he's a FB or MF. I know Klopp likes to move him around. Boxing Day game, started at FB and moved to MF late when they pulled Sloboszlai off for Gomez and moved Gomez to FB. I thought this was a great move. LFC has also discovered Japanese MF Endo and Curtis Jones is finally playing to the level of the promise he has shown.

City is City and has enough talent to reel anyone in. I've actually come to realize Ederson is a liability in the back especially with the ball at his feet.

Also in watching EPL this season, I've come to realize that England has a real problem at GK. Ramsdale has lost his job at Arsenal in favor of David Raya. Nick Pope has been awful this year and Pickford is just not good. Pope was benched in favor of Martin Dubravka at Newcastle. Newcastle lists it as an injury but his form was dreadful. And those 3 are supposed to be England's top group of keepers. The other thing regarding English players right now, a lot of their top line players have not been starting in EPL. Rashford, Foden, and Raheem Sterling have all lost favor on their clubs. The best 2 English players left their EPL clubs and are playing elsewhere in Europe (Harry Kane and Jude Bellingham). They all want Bellingham but Bellingham has said he likes where he's at at Real Madrid.

Anyway, Fulham might be in trouble. They've been playing OK but they seem to give up a ton of goals super early and/or super late in matches. Today they've conceded a 5' goal to Arsenal (Jimenez equalized just now). Fulham is another team with a nightmare at GK (IMO).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT