ADVERTISEMENT

AAC TOURNAMENT

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
Wichita state beat rice today 88-81 in the first game. Game 2 has UTSA versus Temple starting now or very soon. This evening the women’s championship game between Rice and East Carolina will determine most likely the Americans only bid.

Wichita state will take on Memphis tomorrow following the Tulsa vs East Carolina game

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Temple advances surviving UTSA 64-61. Temple turned it over and UTSA had a chance to tie and did not have a good drawn up play.

Temple advances surviving UTSA 64-61. Temple turned it over and UTSA had a chance to tie and did not have a good drawn up play.
I love the Temple PG dribbling over and back under little pressure in crunch time !

Reactions: loca2874
Rice beats ECU in the women’s final 61-41. The 10 seed getting the automatic bid to the tournament. Probably be a 16 seed as well

Watching the second game now and with the font WSU uses number 55 looks like SS. I keep thinking “they’ve got a short stop?”

• Haha
Good times in Memphis!

From X

On January 18th, Memphis was ranked #10 in the country.

Today, they just lost to Wichita State (#155 in NET) in the first round of the AAC Tournament and will NOT make the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Good times in Memphis!

From X

On January 18th, Memphis was ranked #10 in the country.

Today, they just lost to Wichita State (#155 in NET) in the first round of the AAC Tournament and will NOT make the NCAA tournament.
Can't wait to check out their boards

• Haha
Oklahoma State just got rid of a guy who can recruit but can’t coach. Will Memphis follow suit?

ORU Voice on Dockery Finch(voice of reason)
The fact that we're comparing Penny to Tubby & Pastner, is telling.

They mentioned that Tubby was blackballed against Memphis recruits. But then didn't mention WHO blackballed him.

Can you have a woolly mammoth being sacrilegiously castrated as the subject of the thread/roast, and not mention that he was the one who blackballed him so he could get Tubby's job.

Last edited:
Who will be replacing SMU for basketball or was the ACC thing football only?

Who will be replacing SMU for basketball or was the ACC thing football only?

SMU to the ACC is for all sports. Army will be joining next year for football only. It doesn’t seem like the conference wants to add another school for Olympic sports only so we’ll stick with an odd number for basketball, etc.

Reactions: eastcane
Down goes the smoooo!!

Wichita state is a 12 seed and temple is the 11 seed and they are on opposite sides of the bracket and now that is what I want for the final.
I want whoever is going to go the farthest, and make the most money for the conference. I think that is USF winning the final against FAU or Charlotte. Those two teams have the most potential in the NCAA.

So 2 out of 3 results are good today. The bad: we lost. The good: Memphis & SMU lose.

Looking at the latest bracketology it’s hard to gauge South Florida on what they are looking at. FAU continues to move up the bracket at 8 seed but with South Florida holding on to the AQ because of the regular season, I still think they have to win the tournament to get in

Looking at the latest bracketology it’s hard to gauge South Florida on what they are looking at. FAU continues to move up the bracket at 8 seed but with South Florida holding on to the AQ because of the regular season, I still think they have to win the tournament to get in

Hopefully FAU gets up to a seed 7.

I’m curious as to why? I would be more afraid to play a 12 with a great record than I would your typical 5, 6, or 7 seed.
The 5/12 is dangerous as well as the 6/11 but the 10 is a great match up for the 7. The 10’s are generally over hyped or those big 12 or SEC schools that think they are really good but aren’t

Reactions: rusty-c
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT