ADVERTISEMENT

2024 football predictions

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
NW State- W
Arkansas St- W ( Butch Jones cries again on tv)
OSU - L
La Tech- W
North Texas- L
Army- W
Temple - W
UTSA-L
Uab - W
Ecu - W
South Florida - L
Florida Atlantic - W
Bonus prediction- Bowl game vs Colorado and Kevin Wilson goes over to Deion and tells him he will get nothing and like it

Last edited:
NW State- W
Arkansas St- W ( Butch Davis cries again on tv)
OSU - L
La Tech- W
North Texas- L
Army- W
Temple - W
UTSA-L
Uab - W
Ecu - W
South Florida - L
Florida Atlantic - W
Bonus prediction- Bowl game vs Colorado and Kevin Wilson goes over to Deion and tells him he will get nothing and like it
I like the enthusiasm, unfortunately, without a massive improvement in both sides of the ball, I don’t see us winning 6 games.

There’s enough talent on the roster to win six games at least. Maybe 8. If they don’t, the problem isn’t with the team, it’s the program.

There’s enough talent on the roster to win six games at least. Maybe 8. If they don’t, the problem isn’t with the team, it’s the program.
Think I’m going to end up going to the temple game , never been to Philadelphia before

Reactions: HuffyCane
We’re now in a conference where based on facilities and tradition we should contend for championships in football and basketball more years than we don’t. Those should be our expectations imo. Zero reason why we can’t be one of the top schools in the current AAC.

No way we lose to UNT or UTSA. OSU is a winnable game.

I look at the schedule next year and see a bunch of tossup type games. I think we beat the D2 team, ECU, and FAU at home, La Tech and Temple away. All of the other games are kind of tossups.

The real problem is that a lot of the tossup games are away games, the tossups that do come to Tulsa tend play systems that travel well (like Army, or UTSA)

I'm seeing 5-7.

I know we brought in a lot of new faces, but we didn't do anything particularly well last season in terms of offense or defense. The difference between 5-7 and 8-4 will be largely related to how fast the newcomers can come in and make a difference. The scheme could use some improvement as well. Our run / pass balance was way off and our pass defense was flat out horrible.

Last edited:
I look at the schedule next year and see a bunch of tossup type games. I think we beat the D2 team, ECU, and FAU at home, La Tech and Temple away. All of the other games are kind of tossups.

The real problem is that a lot of the tossup games are away games, the tossups that do come to Tulsa tend play systems that travel well (like Army, or UTSA)

I'm seeing 5-7.

I know we brought in a lot of new faces, but we didn't do anything particularly well last season in terms of offense or defense. The difference between 5-7 and 8-4 will be largely related to how fast the newcomers can come in and make a difference. The scheme could use some improvement as well. Our run / pass balance was way off and our pass defense was flat out horrible.
I think we also will beat Arkansas State on the road as well

Last edited:
That Arky State team isn’t horrid. I think UAB could be the difference
A lot of it will come down to our qb play Imo, if we have Braxton like play at qb , I would say 3 to 4 wins. This is where I think we will be most improved , that is why I’m thinking closer to 6-8 wins. That being said ; if we can’t beat Arkansas state , it’s going to be a long season, they are about like NIU.
Also ( not trying to be a sunshine pumper ) but if Kirk Francis starts last year , we may have very well won 6. FAU and Charlotte come to mind.

Last edited:
Where there's kids involved there's always a way...
Amen. Whether it’s coaching college football or owning a McDonalds, I would never put my house payment and retirement at risk of the whims of 19 year olds, half of whom are half stoned, or just had their girlfriend cheat on them, or have done whatever they have wanted since age 9. We have great kids. But mad respect to those who coach them up. Even PM.

Reactions: TU 1978
Amen. Whether it’s coaching college football or owning a McDonalds, I would never put my house payment and retirement at risk of the whims of 19 year olds, half of whom are half stoned, or just had their girlfriend cheat on them, or have done whatever they have wanted since age 9. We have great kids. But mad respect to those who coach them up. Even PM.
No, not PM. He and his Baylor stench and stay away.

My blue and gold colored glasses say 8-4 and a bowl game.

NW State- W
OSU - L
La Tech- W
North Texas- W
Army- W
Temple - W
UTSA-L
Uab - W
Ecu - L
South Florida - L
Florida Atlantic - W

The pessimist in me says 6-6 with losses to N Texas & UAB.

NW State- W
OSU - L
La Tech- W
North Texas- W
Army- W
Temple - W
UTSA-L
Uab - W
Ecu - L
South Florida - L
Florida Atlantic - W

We are both going to look so cool when Bitch Jones cries on tv again

Last edited:

NW State- W
OSU - L
La Tech- W
North Texas- W
Army- W
Temple - W
UTSA-L
Uab - W
Ecu - L
South Florida - L
Florida Atlantic - W

Totally agree. With even average QB/WR play by conference standards, we should finish with no less than 6 wins with this schedule.

Totally agree. With even average QB/WR play by conference standards, we should finish with no less than 6 wins with this schedule.
I had a pretty long losing streak going to away games the last 5 or so years, the losing streak ended last year at Niu , hopeful to go 3-0 this year with Arkansas State , La Tech , and temple 😂

I had a pretty long losing streak going to away games the last 5 or so years, the losing streak ended last year at Niu , hopeful to go 3-0 this year with Arkansas State , La Tech , and temple 😂
I hear you. Keith Burns still owes me $20K in travel expenses following that team around for no reason.

We are both going to look so cool when Bitch Jones cries on tv again
Not going to lie, I made my adjustments after I copied and pasted. The Bitch Jones comment inspired me!
You Rock Great Job GIF by StickerGiant

• Haha
Reactions: TULSARISING
Think I’m going to end up going to the temple game , never been to Philadelphia before
Been there a few times, but briefly on each visit....Outsider's view was that there are a lot more
things cracked up there than the Liberty Bell.....Tough town...

I know we brought in a lot of new faces, but we didn't do anything particularly well last
season in terms of offense or defense. The difference between 5-7 and 8-4 will be largely
related to how fast the newcomers can come in and make a difference. The scheme could
use some improvement as well. Our run / pass balance was way off and our pass defense
was flat out horrible.
No question about our upgrade in talent, but as you say, the almost total lack of experience
will be a huge factor thru the first five or six games...How fast both lines develop will be large
in how quickly we develop as a team....Our defensive backfield should be better, even though
we graduated our best DB....

The Qback position will be interesting....We will have three promising candidates to fight it
out..

The play caller, whoever it turns out to be, can help the quarterbacks a lot by not making
every first down a dive over left tackle...I would like to know how much (how little, actually)
our average gain was last season on that first down play...

Last edited:

NW State- W
OSU - L
La Tech- W
North Texas- W
Army- W
Temple - W
UTSA-L
Uab - W
Ecu - L
South Florida - L
Florida Atlantic - W

I predict we beat one of OSU, UTSA, USF and make the 8-4 mark and by midseason Kirk Francis will have TU fans comparing him to Paul Smith.

Been there a few times, but briefly on each visit....Outsider's view was that there are a lot more
things cracked up there than the Liberty Bell.....Tough town...
I like Philly. Check out the Art Museum and boathouse row behind it is neat. The historic district is cool and they have an indoor market place (reading Terminal Market) that is freaking cool and has some pretty eclectic food...plus you can also get a cheese steak in one of the booths that is way better than either Pat's or Geno's. Ask a local for the best cheesesteak in Philly and none of them will tell you Pat's or Geno's anymore. Those are the tourist traps and they serve tourist trap quality food these days (I had a friend who was originally from just outside of Philly, lives in Boston now, who went back for a short visit and they went to Geno's and he posted a picture and was pretty sure they're serving up Steak-Umms now). Also, if you wallk up Arch St from the Liberty Bell/Independence Hall area, you'll pass Reading Terminal Mkt, and you'll come to the start of the museum mile starting with the Franklin Institute leading up to the Philadelphia Art Museum (the Rocky steps). Lots to see in there. Of course if you are a history buff, you could spend an entire weekend in Independence Sq. the Betsy Ross house is there, the Museum of the American Revolution, a cemetery with many notable Revolutionary era leaders resting places. Depending on how long you're there, you can venture up the Delaware River Valley and check out Valley Forge.

As Senior says, don't venture too far from the touristy things in Philly. Don't cross the river into Camden for sure, although Barry Goldberg is convinced the best cheesesteak around is over there ;)

I like Philly. Check out the Art Museum and boathouse row behind it is neat. The historic district is cool and they have an indoor market place (reading Terminal Market) that is freaking cool and has some pretty eclectic food...plus you can also get a cheese steak in one of the booths that is way better than either Pat's or Geno's. Ask a local for the best cheesesteak in Philly and none of them will tell you Pat's or Geno's anymore. Those are the tourist traps and they serve tourist trap quality food these days (I had a friend who was originally from just outside of Philly, lives in Boston now, who went back for a short visit and they went to Geno's and he posted a picture and was pretty sure they're serving up Steak-Umms now). Also, if you wallk up Arch St from the Liberty Bell/Independence Hall area, you'll pass Reading Terminal Mkt, and you'll come to the start of the museum mile starting with the Franklin Institute leading up to the Philadelphia Art Museum (the Rocky steps). Lots to see in there. Of course if you are a history buff, you could spend an entire weekend in Independence Sq. the Betsy Ross house is there, the Museum of the American Revolution, a cemetery with many notable Revolutionary era leaders resting places. Depending on how long you're there, you can venture up the Delaware River Valley and check out Valley Forge.

As Senior says, don't venture too far from the touristy things in Philly. Don't cross the river into Camden for sure, although Barry Goldberg is convinced the best cheesesteak around is over there ;)
I spend a lot of time working in Philadelphia and my wife owns a condo there. My point knowing the area you need to be careful. Tailgating is not great a Temple game and the atmosphere in the stadium seems strange because of small crowd in a large stadium. To do’s beyond the tourist things - The Saloon for dinner (use the valet parking), Nick’s Roast Beef or Pork sandwiches for lunch (multiple locations), tour the Eastern State Prison (museum now) and there are a few nice casual restaurants across the street in an area that is fairly safe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT