ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES OF INTEREST (2.24.24 - 3.1.24) CHARLOTTE AND @UTSA

Memphis is regaining their earlier form as a good team, regrettably. Is the coaching not getting in the way?

Reactions: loca2874
I think we've really worked ourselves into a great conference that doesn't get the recognition. Early season we killed ourselves because several teams were not good yet. If we replayed our noncon schedule now, I think it would go differently. We'd probably have the same rep as the MWC.

Reactions: libertychamp
That pretty much wraps up the RS championship for USF. One loss for FAU or one win for USF for the rest of the season, and it is clinched. No way FAU goes undefeated and USF goes winless.
That is the RS Championship for USF. They have the tie breaker over FAU and they both have three games left and USF is 3 games ahead of FAU. The only loss they have is against UAB. No one can catch them as I believe USF holds the tie breaker over Charlotte as well.

I think we've really worked ourselves into a great conference that doesn't get the recognition. Early season we killed ourselves because several teams were not good yet. If we replayed our noncon schedule now, I think it would go differently. We'd probably have the same rep as the MWC.
The respect left when Houston left to be honest. The only teams that people talked about was FAU and Memphis and see where they are in the standings. They are in the top half but behind the team that was picked like 9th in the preseason poll

That is the RS Championship for USF. They have the tie breaker over FAU and they both have three games left and USF is 3 games ahead of FAU. The only loss they have is against UAB. No one can catch them as I believe USF holds the tie breaker over Charlotte as well.
Nope, UAB beat USF in the only meeting this season, so UAB would take it in a tie. Charlotte lost to USF earlier in the season but plays them next, at home. So if Charlotte wins that next game, then it would be up to the second tiebreaker if they tied. So USF has to win one more game or UAB and Charlotte have to lose one more game. But yes, in all reality it's locked.

Nope, UAB beat USF in the only meeting this season, so UAB would take it in a tie. Charlotte lost to USF earlier in the season but plays them next, at home. So if Charlotte wins that next game, then it would be up to the second tiebreaker if they tied. So USF has to win one more game or UAB and Charlotte have to lose one more game. But yes, in all reality it's locked.
Ahh. UAB is short another game than USF.

The respect left when Houston left to be honest. The only teams that people talked about was FAU and Memphis and see where they are in the standings. They are in the top half but behind the team that was picked like 9th in the preseason poll
Yeah, when I said one loss would kill it for FAU, I meant today as well. Same for UAB, if they lose today against Tulane or against any other team, they are out.

Last edited:
Temple w/ 4pt lead, 18s left. Look to have it almost wrapped up. That's good for us. Keeps them both 2 games back of us.

when does the NET update? On their site it says updated through 02/25/2024 games but I know its not true because it still has us at 13-13 and we are 14-13.

South Florida is now ranked in top 25. Lunardi still says there is no way they make the tournament unless they win the qualifier. Not sure I have seen a top 25 team not in the field of 68. Obviously if we beat them we could destroy all their chance.

South Florida is now ranked in top 25. Lunardi still says there is no way they make the tournament unless they win the qualifier. Not sure I have seen a top 25 team not in the field of 68. Obviously if we beat them we could destroy all their chance.
Just did a quick search and Utah State was left out in 2004 when they were #22 and SMU was left out in 2014 when they were 25 in one poll and 23 in the other.

Reactions: TUcandoit and I.I.
Just did a quick search and Utah State was left out in 2004 when they were #22 and SMU was left out in 2014 when they were 25 in one poll and 23 in the other.
Gonzaga is #23 and they’re on the bubble. Polls don’t mean a lot.

Let’s do it!

Reactions: I.I.
South Carolina state beat Maryland eastern shore 64-56
Nichols beat incarnate word 92-82

Headline if the day is that Mississippi valley got their first win of the season beating prairie view 57-51

ITS GAMEDAY!! Tulsa travels to UTSA who is coming off a win at North Texas! Tulsa has 3 games left in the regular season and in the race to not play on Wednesday, Tulsa needs some wins.

I will be watching the game on replay as it is going to be on at 5 pm Vegas time and there is no way in hades my wife will allow me to watch it.

Todays games

All American games on ESPN+

North Texas at Tulane, 6:00 p.m.
Tulsa at UTSA, 7:00 p.m.
Wichita state at UAB at 7:00 p.m.
Temple at rice , 7:00 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT