ADVERTISEMENT

Games of interest (3.2.24 - 3.8.24) @Temple

Wichita state went form the 10 seed to the 13 seed with that loss. If temple wins on Sunday then that sends WSU to the 14 seed as Temple beat them twice

I think we were picked 11th before the season started. Nope, just checked and we were picked 10th. The overachievers were USF, picked 9, and Charlotte, picked 13.

Seeds Locked in

1. USF
7. North Texas
8. East Carolina
9 Tulsa - If we have the tie breaker over UTSA, We might not as UTSA is on a 3 game heater

Seeds Locked in

1. USF
7. North Texas
8. East Carolina
9 Tulsa - If we have the tie breaker over UTSA, We might not as UTSA is on a 3 game heater
We have the tie breaker if any of Charlotte, Rice, or UAB win tomorrow. Could just make it easy though and win ourselves.

We have the tie breaker if any of Charlotte, Rice, or UAB win tomorrow. Could just make it easy though and win ourselves.
I think Charlotte is more likely to beat ECU than SMU is to beat UAB on the road, especially since Memphis, SMU and UAB are fighting for that last double bye spot and ECU’s game is essentially meaningless to them.

If any one of these things happens we get the 9th seed:
Tulsa wins, Rice wins, or Charlotte wins.

Sunday, if none of those things happen, then either one of these things happening, UTSA losing or SMU losing, then we get the 9th seed.

I missed one scenario, which is none of those things above happens, and we have a two way tie with UTSA, and Charlotte finishes tied with SMU in a 2, 3, or 4 way tie. This allows the SMU tie breaker to take precedence over the Charlotte tie breaker, which we lose with UTSA.

The odds of all that happening are next to none.

Last edited:
We could have two chances to knock USF out of the NCAA Tournament. I'm watching Memphis in a few minutes hoping FAU will destroy any at-large chance they might have had. FAU needs to win to keep their at-large from slipping away. Does anyone in the AAC root for Memphis?

Reactions: loca2874
We could have two chances to knock USF out of the NCAA Tournament. I'm watching Memphis in a few minutes hoping FAU will destroy any at-large chance they might have had. FAU needs to win to keep their at-large from slipping away. Does anyone in the AAC root for Memphis?
Im sure there are plenty who do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT