ADVERTISEMENT

Midterm predictions…cuss and discuss

here in Arizona, the dem candidate for gov. is in charge of the ballot count. What could go wrong?
Of course it would be better if Finchem were the Secretary. There was never any problems with Secretary's and voter fraud. Until Trump lost.

Of course it would be better if Finchem were the Secretary. There was never any problems with Secretary's and voter fraud. Until Trump lost.
Arizona isn’t expecting to finish their count until sometime next week. How can it take a week plus to count ballots in 2022? Florida counts 98% of there’s in 4 hours ?

Arizona isn’t expecting to finish their count until sometime next week. How can it take a week plus to count ballots in 2022? Florida counts 98% of there’s in 4 hours ?
Because they are slow there is fraud? Is that what you are implying. It is a different system. Don't know why it takes longer, but I don't think fraud.

Because they are slow there is fraud? Is that what you are implying. It is a different system. Don't know why it takes longer, but I don't think fraud.
Didn’t mean to imply fraud. Stating there is no excuse for taking over a week to count votes in 2022. The optics aren’t good. We need to do better.

Last edited:
same person in charge for the last seversl elections, with the same result

Didn’t mean to imply fraud. Stating there is no excuse for taking over a week to count votes in 2022. The optics aren’t good. We need to do better.
I know they are getting more mail in votes, and that often takes longer to count. I imagine there is a process to opening and counting mail in ballets that likely takes longer. Probably for reasons of security, ensurity against fraud, and a paper trail.

I don't think mail in is going to become less in #. If this is the primary reason, then state election officials and planners need to get on top of this, and redesign this process. The pace the government works at is always slow. So it does not surprise me that the government has not fixed this in every state in two years time. For government time, that's like yesterday. The increase in mail in ballots only upped it's exponential pace in the year 2020-now.

They say they had 290,00 mail in ballots dropped off on election day in Arizona. That's kind of ridiculous. They need to redesign how the system works of course. But it sounds as if they need to put a deadline for mail in ballots a couple of days before election day. If they are going to wait till the last minute, then make the last minute a couple of days earlier.

Probably the way the state funds their ballot counts. For decades it didn't matter if they counted them on election day or not because they were reliably Republican.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Their is a verification process that starts before the votes are counted as well. Those two processes are separate for reasons of legality, separation of process in order to be fair, and probably efficaciousness of task completion.

They mix parties at precincts, at least one person must be a democrat, and one person must be a republican. So I'm pretty sure they do the same at the election boards, when doing a mix of judges who verify voters. They don't have the voter there, so they have to make sure the ballot is signed & dated, and then compare their signature to the signature on the copy of their voters id that is on file

Then it goes into the stacks to be counted later.

I think the tide is turning against Trump now. Certain people have patiently waited to turn against him completely.(McConnell, McCarthy, & others high up in the party) I think it will happen gradually over the next few months. They have conservative talking heads entertaining thoughts that he was at fault for the mini wave instead of the tidal wave. And people(even some of his staunch supporters are beginning to turn away from him now)

He is biting out at everybody in ways that are even a little extreme for him. He's going at McConnell & McCarthy more brazenly, & others. Some of the people he supported are beginning to talk about him being at fault for them losing. He bit out at his wife, his family has already pulled away from him. The republicans already have a candidate ready to go, that will appease Trump supporters in Desantis.

I have a feeling there is going to be a big push to excise him from the party over the next 6 months. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few people 'decide' to testify against him in his various court battles.

Top notch magazine cover art

FhTZJCXXoAE_GF7

Sad thing is that it looks just like McConnell's head. Didn't have to do much cartooning work for the cover to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: astonmartin708
Looks like Kelly will win in Arizona. Good for him. Maybe not the best career politician, but he’s really a good model for a citizen turned civil servant. Wonder if he were to be asked to take the ticket over from Biden if he could have success in a general election.

It’s two Republicans and it’s Alaska. Not sure how many people outside of that state really care
One guy that recognized the importance of this election outside the state of Alaska is McConnell. Look how much money from the Republican party that McConnell put behind Tshibaka. And now Trump is bitching bout it.

One guy that recognized the importance of this election outside the state of Alaska is McConnell. Look how much money from the Republican party that McConnell put behind Tshibaka. And now Trump is bitching bout it.
So the top two advance to something called the final round ranked tabulation. Trump seems to be bitching about everything lately. Hopefully his act is wearing thin on Pubs.

So the top two advance to something called the final round ranked tabulation. Trump seems to be bitching about everything lately. Hopefully his act is wearing thin on Pubs.
Yeah, Trump is complaining about them not putting the money into more competitive elections.(Like the one's Trump's candidates lost, of course. It always comes down to the ones he loses, or when he loses face.) I think Trump may go down like flaming pile of dung over the next six months. The time is ripe for it.

Reactions: lawpoke87
Looking at it as it stands now, you know 99.99999% of the Democrat's votes are gonna go to Murkowski. That right there will put her over 52%.

Reactions: lawpoke87
From the stance of the common political cycle, this has been a historically bad midterm for the Republicans. Without some gerrymandered redistricting resultant from the last census they would have barely gained any house seats and it looks like they won’t get the Senate either.

Can’t tell if it was abortion being on many ballots or just that in general the population isn’t as pissed off at Biden yet as they have been with past Presidents during their first midterm elections.

Last edited:
It’s going to end up being an R+3 or R+4 house vote, which is pretty decent . But it was inefficiently distributed. This has historically been a dem problem with their reliable voters clustered in cities, but as Rs add more and more Hispanics and other minorities and trade suburban whites for them it will be an issue for them as well.

As far as the senate goes, you nominate crap candidates you get crap results.

fetterman, warnock, aoc, stacy a, betto, peloci. shiff ...
Fetterman is bad but Oz was a miracle cure hawking fraud with no connection to the state. Thank your boy Trump for him. Warnock is a boring guy who is a reliable dem vote. Ideal swing state candidate. AOC is the perfect amount of crazy for her district. Stacy Abrams sucks and lost. Beto sucks and lost. Pelosi and Schiff fit their districts.

Probably the way the state funds their ballot counts. For decades it didn't matter if they counted them on election day or not because they were reliably Republican.
Aston was likely pointing in the right direction. Arizona officials have said they are following Arizona law and that's why the ballot count is slow. I imagine when they can start counting, and counting specifically mail in ballots is put into their laws, to begin the day of the election. I also imagine laws designed to avoid fraud slow the count down. That's funny that this is what they are getting accused of, because they are slow.

So it's the state legislatures that need to get their act in gear. The problem in Arizona is that amending their laws must be in the spirit of what the law was intended for, and any substantive changes to the law must be put on a ballot for the public to vote on. The other problem(in Arizona specifically) is that the 60 member and 30 member state legislative houses both only have a 2 member advantage for the republicans. The legislative branch requires a supermajority vote of 75% to amend a law in the spirit in was intended. So it requires a ballot or a serious non partisan vote in the legislature. But neither has been seriously attempted by Arizona.

So the next election will have a slow count as well. Much of it is because of the increase mail in ballots and no legislative action to deal with the increase. I imagine Alaska and most if not all of the slower counters are running into legislatively dictated things like in Arizona, that slow the counting down.

warnock is a slum lord. beto is mr potato head. pelosois the witch from the wizzard of oz. fetterman is a thug.

Fetterman is bad but Oz was a miracle cure hawking fraud with no connection to the state. Thank your boy Trump for him. Warnock is a boring guy who is a reliable dem vote. Ideal swing state candidate. AOC is the perfect amount of crazy for her district. Stacy Abrams sucks and lost. Beto sucks and lost. Pelosi and Schiff fit their districts.
He's still complaining about the candidates that lost. He probably doesn't even realize that Beto hasn't had a government job since 2019.

Last edited:
just pointing out that dems will vote for crap camdidates.

All partisans will vote for crap candidates. But if your candidates are losing independents when the party in power has a 40% approval your candidates are the crappiest

All partisans will vote for crap candidates. But if your candidates are losing independents when the party in power has a 40% approval your candidates are the crappiest
its time for term limits.
staff cuts, do your own research,
no life benefits.
serve your term then go home and get s real job.

its time for term limits.
staff cuts, do your own research,
no life benefits.
serve your term then go home and get s real job.
You think this answers him? Or are you just posting random crap? I'm guessing random, but maybe you are under the delusion you just answered him.

Poor showing by the pubs. If it weren’t for Florida this would have been a complete disaster for them. Abortion, Trump, poor candidates, out spent on advertising, etc…all worked in the Dems favor. Biden remains very unpopular. Trump still turns Dem voters out. Not even sure the Pubs take the House at this point. Depends on California which is another state which is painfully slow in counting votes. Crazy in 2022 that some states take a week to count ballots when others can do it in 4 hours. I like the Florida model…record and verify all votes when received and then drop all when polls close on Election Day.

Poor showing by the pubs. If it weren’t for Florida this would have been a complete disaster for them. Abortion, Trump, poor candidates, out spent on advertising, etc…all worked in the Dems favor. Biden remains very unpopular. Trump still turns Dem voters out. Not even sure the Pubs take the House at this point. Depends on California which is another state which is painfully slow in counting votes. Crazy in 2022 that some states take a week to count ballots when others can do it in 4 hours. I like the Florida model…record and verify all votes when received and then drop all when polls close on Election Day.
Agreed on most points. Historically you would have expected the opposing party to gain quite a few seats in the first term when the opponents controlled both houses (it gives them someone to blame anything that isn’t going swimmingly on) something just went haywire this cycle.

Last edited:
Agreed on most points. Historically you would have expected the opposing party to gain seats in the first term when the opponents controlled both houses (it gives them someone to blame anything that isn’t going swimmingly on) something just went haywire this cycle.
Everything went Trump. You can pretty much blame most of this on Trump and the crap he started, and continues egging on.

Rs just lost an R+13 seat in WA after Trump helped oust a fairly popular R incumbent in favor of his hand picked turd. He will likely cost Rs a senate seat in GA with another one of his hand picked turds.

Rs just lost an R+13 seat in WA after Trump helped oust a fairly popular R incumbent in favor of his hand picked turd. He will likely cost Rs a senate seat in GA with another one of his hand picked turds.
I think the R’s should be forced to carry Trump to term… even if it jeapordizes the life of the party.

I think the R’s should be forced to carry Trump to term… even if it jeapordizes the life of the party.
Trump was delivered early and will be kept comfortable until a decision can be made about whether to resuscitate him

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT