ADVERTISEMENT

Midterm predictions…cuss and discuss

Stitt is an arrogant little emperor and I hope he loses. Ditto with Ryan Walters who wants to brainwash our teachers at some cultish institute. Finally Markwayne Mullin is basically another Stitt but obviously less intelligent. Had to vote against all 3 of these guys.

Otherwise I think most of my votes were cast for Republicans.

I think we have a good shot to get rid of Stitt and Walters. Guess we will see tomorrow.

Reactions: rusty-c
Stitt is an arrogant little emperor and I hope he loses. Ditto with Ryan Walters who wants to brainwash our teachers at some cultish institute. Finally Markwayne Mullin is basically another Stitt but obviously less intelligent. Had to vote against all 3 of these guys.

Otherwise I think most of my votes were cast for Republicans.
Walters has the best chance of losing of those three. Expect him to run several points behind Stitt.

Walters has the best chance of losing of those three. Expect him to run several points behind Stitt.
Well he is the worst of the three imo. Stitt (and his "swagger") is bad but not quite as bad. But I would love to be done with both.

Alright boys and girls is Election Day. Still like my original projections.

Pubs 228 seats in the House
Senate 50-50

Expect lots of close races nationwide. Locally I have Stitt by 5 and expect Pubs to sweep the statewide races. State super will be very close.

One remarkable turnaround is Miami-Dade county. Hillary won this county by 30 points and 300k votes in 2016. Pubs will win there today. Not sure I’ve ever seen a county flip this much this fast.

Everybody get out and vote today. Even Aston, WATU and 1978 :).

The voters of Oklahoma deserve what they get when they keep re-electing guys like Stitt. Gross.
When your sole message is “vote for me because I’m not Stitt” you’re not going to unseat an incumbent regardless of how bad the incumbent or how much money third parties are pouring into the race. Joy never gave voters a reason to vote for her other than “I’m not him”. That gets you rolled by 14 points. A better candidate (or maybe just a better campaign) would have at least made this a competitive race.

Sometimes “I’m not him” is all someone should need to say when they’re standing next to someone who is clearly incompetent.

Reactions: TU83
Sometimes “I’m not him” is all someone should need to say when they’re standing next to someone who is clearly incompetent.
Joy obviously wasn’t smart enough to realize in this instance that wasn’t the case. She ran ten versions of the same campaign commercial over and over. Never once addressed the economic issues facing Oklahomans. In the battle of incompetence she was the clear winner….by 14 points. Wonder how the tribes feel today about that $30M they spent on Joy?

Reactions: noble cane
As someone who dislikes Stitt, I nevertheless found many ads and flyers distasteful. Most corrupt governor in history? Really? With guys like Walters and Hall in our history? It was over the top and off putting.

As someone who dislikes Stitt, I nevertheless found many ads and flyers distasteful. Most corrupt governor in history? Really? With guys like Walters and Hall in our history? It was over the top and off putting.

Reactions: noble cane
I will give it to the Republicans - the turnout effort was very successful. Perhaps having recreational Marijuana on the ballot could have evened it out a bit but it was a whopping margin.

Joy obviously wasn’t smart enough to realize in this instance that wasn’t the case. She ran ten versions of the same campaign commercial over and over. Never once addressed the economic issues facing Oklahomans. In the battle of incompetence she was the clear winner….by 14 points. Wonder how the tribes feel today about that $30M they spent on Joy?
Or voters weren’t smart enough to gauge Stitt’s fitness of office when tasked with deciding between the party that they typically support and an unfit candidate.

I will give it to the Republicans - the turnout effort was very successful. Perhaps having recreational Marijuana on the ballot could have evened it out a bit but it was a whopping margin.
Are you saying that the Dems only show up for weed?... that explains a lot of things both out there and on here..

What about the character flaw of changing parties because youve been term limited in your current position and want to be governor right now...

Or voters weren’t smart enough to gauge Stitt’s fitness of office when tasked with deciding between the party that they typically support and an unfit candidate.
Still have to be smart enough to give voters a reason to vote for you. Seldom going to win an election based on “just vote against the other guy”. Hell….her polling the last few weeks had to show she was behind double digits. Yet she never came out with any reason why Oklahomans should vote FOR her. Just kept running the same ole “Stitt is corrupt” ads which weren’t working. Driving up your opponents negatives only works to a specific point. Definition of an unfit candidate and why she lost by 14.

Last edited:
wtf? Arizona still has 600,000 to 800,000 ballots to count? they might be done by Friday. all in Maracopa county.

Still have to be smart enough to give voters a reason to vote for you. Seldom going to win an election based on “just vote against the other guy”. Hell….her polling the last few weeks had to show she was behind double digits. Yet she never came out with any reason why Oklahomans should vote FOR her. Just kept running the same ole “Stitt is corrupt” ads which weren’t working. Driving up your opponents negatives only works to a specific point. Definition of an unfit candidate and why she lost by 14.
Tell all of this to Joe Biden and Donald Trump.

They both won (mostly) on "at least I'm not the other guy" platforms.

Also, it's kind of a farce to call her an unfit candidate and NOT call Stitt one. Your ability to be elected (especially in a state which leans a certain direction) is not related to your fitness for office. Just ask this guy:
blagolead.jpg

This is the entire reason that I say the country has a problem with the poor judgment that our voters tend to show when selecting their representatives. Only a small proportion of voters actually think critically about the person they're electing. How many people do you think got into a voting booth in Oklahoma and said to themselves "well, I've heard that he's crooked, but at least he has an R by his name".....

The answer is... most of them.

Last edited:
What about the character flaw of changing parties because youve been term limited in your current position and want to be governor right now...
I don't consider that a character flaw at all.

As a matter of fact I think we should have open primaries or even nonpartisan elections like City of Tulsa. That drives moderation which I think we sorely need right now. I am a committed Independent and think our 2 party system sucks, so good for Joy giving me a chance to vote for her. Kudos.

I don't consider that a character flaw at all.

As a matter of fact I think we should have open primaries or even nonpartisan elections like City of Tulsa. That drives moderation which I think we sorely need right now. I am a committed Independent and think our 2 party system sucks, so good for Joy giving me a chance to vote for her. Kudos.
Blasphemy!

Blasphemy here, and in your post about the USMNT soccer roster!

Reactions: drboobay
Tell all of this to Joe Biden and Donald Trump.

They both won (mostly) on "at least I'm not the other guy" platforms.

Also, it's kind of a farce to call her an unfit candidate and NOT call Stitt one. Your ability to be elected (especially in a state which leans a certain direction) is not related to your fitness for office. Just ask this guy:
blagolead.jpg

This is the entire reason that I say the country has a problem with the poor judgment that our voters tend to show when selecting their representatives. Only a small proportion of voters actually think critically about the person they're electing. How many people do you think got into a voting booth in Oklahoma and said to themselves "well, I've heard that he's crooked, but at least he has an R by his name".....

I don’t actually consider Joy unfit. Just needling you a bit for the constant use of the word in this thread. For all of Trumps faults (and there are many) he brought a tremendous amount of people to the polls in 2016. One can argue he brought even more in 2020 :). The thing about Biden is you know where he stood on the issues when he ran in 2020 due to the amount of time he’s been in politics. People felt very comfortable voting for him. People don’t know Joy or where she stands on practically anything other than believing Stitt is corrupt. Not trying to connect to voters was her greatest failure imo. The small business people I know dislike the unknown and viewed Stitt as the safe albeit distasteful option. The $20M in pro Joy ads by a shadow group also contributed to some of that distrust.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that the Democratic(& Republican for that matter.) talking heads, and politicians aren't focusing on Alaska and Murkowski being 1.5 pts behind a little bit more, with 72% of the vote counted.

That's almost as important as the four states they have focusing on.

I'm surprised that the Democratic(& Republican for that matter.) talking heads, and politicians aren't focusing on Alaska and Murkowski being 1.5 pts behind a little bit more, with 72% of the vote counted.

That's almost as important as the four states they have focusing on.
It’s two Republicans and it’s Alaska. Not sure how many people outside of that state really care

It’s two Republicans and it’s Alaska. Not sure how many people outside of that state really care
Considering her sometimes cross party voting, the Democrats should care. It would be the same story if Manchin or Sinema were losing to a far left candidate. Tshibaka is pretty far right, if she wins the Democrats lose a vote here or there. That seems pretty significant to non Alaskans.

Considering her sometimes cross party voting, the Democrats should care. It would be the same story if Manchin or Sinema were losing to a far left candidate. Tshibaka is pretty far right, if she wins the Democrats lose a vote here or there. That seems pretty significant to non Alaskans.
I’ll give ya that. Alaska politics might as well be a foreign country as far as my understanding of the dynamics up there.

How you know that Evangelical Christians are full of crap when they talk about their values. They disproportionately voted for a man known to encourage his baby mamas to have abortions over an actual preacher.

Reactions: drboobay
How you know that Evangelical Christians are full of crap when they talk about their values. They disproportionately voted for a man known to encourage his baby mamas to have abortions over an actual preacher.
Yep. On the whole.

An actual preacher who appears to support no or limited restrictions on abortions ? Not sure what you don’t understand about that choice for them ?

Biden used to actively oppose gay marriage yet the LBGT community not only support but campaign for him. Opinions do change and people do at times support what they see as the lesser of two evils.

Last edited:
How many people do you think got into a voting booth in Oklahoma and said to themselves "well, I've heard that he's crooked, but at least he has an R by his name".....

I'm old enough to remember when the same thing could be said for Democrats... Walters, Hall, Synar, Jones.. and 70 counties worth of commisioners..

I'm old enough to remember when the same thing could be said for Democrats... Walters, Hall, Synar, Jones.. and 70 counties worth of commisioners..
So...

There will be corruption in both parties in the future, carries about the same relevance.

Reactions: TUMU
An actual preacher who appears to support no or limited restrictions on abortions ? Not sure what you don’t understand about that choice for them ?

Biden used to actively oppose gay marriage yet the LBGT community not only support but campaign for him. Opinions do change and people do at times support what they see as the lesser of two evils.
Walker didn't claim that he changed his mind on the issue.... he claimed that his baby mamas were lying....

The fact that he has baby mamas at all would have been enough to disqualify a candidate in a long ago time when people's religious views actually mattered in their evaluation of candidates.

The fact that he has baby mamas at all would have been enough to disqualify a candidate in a long ago time when people's religious views actually mattered in their evaluation of candidates.
You’re acting like people not necessarily placing their religious views on politicians as a reason to support or not support them is a bad thing? I realize it’s still done but any extent we can get away from this should be a good thing….correct ?

As far as Warnock, I support reasonable abortion access but a candidate who backs no restrictions would pose of hurdle for me regarding my support as would a candidate who is against any abortion access. Where are the damn moderates?

You’re acting like people not necessarily placing their religious views on politicians as a reason to support or not support them is a bad thing? I realize it’s still done but any extent we can get away from this should be a good thing….correct ?
If so many didn't publicly profess that their political views were shaped by their moral compass, and if the politicians they voted for didn't use their "conservative Christian values" as a talking point... then I would care about the issue. It's not only Hypocrisy.... it's Hypocrisy in favor of a legitimately (and self admitted) dumb candidate, just because he's "not the other guy"

Also it's just really annoying for people to point to some invisible moral compass and then completely ignore it in almost every case when taking a different viewpoint might allow them to actually more closely adhere to that moral compass.

Reactions: watu05
If so many didn't publicly profess that their political views were shaped by their moral compass, and if the politicians they voted for didn't use their "conservative Christian values" as a talking point... then I would care about the issue. It's not only Hypocrisy.... it's Hypocrisy in favor of a legitimately (and self admitted) dumb candidate, just because he's "not the other guy"
We just saw an entire guberturial campaign here based on vote for me because “I’m not the other guy”. PA just elected a Senator because he’s “not the other guy”. We have an elderly cognitive limited President because he’s “he’s not the other guy”. Guess it does work out for the best at times :). Hell….I will vote for a guy who I believe doesn’t know where he is at times in 2024 over Trump. Suppose I’m one of those hypocrites now.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
So...

There will be corruption in both parties in the future, carries about the same relevance.
Corruption and politics go hand in hand... doesnt matter R, D, I, L, or name your alphabet soup... very few come out of office poorer than when they took office.. and very few have poorer friends and associated as a result..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT