ADVERTISEMENT

Exhibition Schedule and Media Days

Do not sleep on the Don’s or that WCC. They are a force here lately
Stanford has been terrible for some years so BYU beating them is not a surprise. SF has been pretty good for a couple of years now and even lost their coach because of it. Last year was a transition and I think the new guy will have them humming again this year. WCC will be Gonzaga, St. Mary's, SF, and possibly Santa Clara.

Reactions: loca2874
These are exhibition games.
The NCAA seems to be on schedule to loosening how much info goes out on these scrimmages, that maybe we see a little bit more general stats, not player specific, next year. And the next year they let it all go out, with no more limitations on info. Just speculating.

The NCAA seems to be on schedule to loosening how much info goes out on these scrimmages, that maybe we see a little bit more general stats, not player specific, next year. And the next year they let it all go out, with no more limitations on info. Just speculating.
There’s a big difference between exhibition games and scrimmages. Exhibitions are real games, just not recorded as a win or loss. Scrimmages are just that-scrimmages, where each team tries different things, such as man/zone defenses, out of bound plays, etc with each team agreeing to things before the scrimmage. That’s why scrimmages are most generally secret.

Game stats were agreed to before our scrimmage to not be made public. But it seems that some info was leaked. Even though they might just be scrimmaging, scores are being recorded, and players want to win, like it was a real game.

Chris and I know at least one of our coaches was not happy the score got out.

There’s a big difference between exhibition games and scrimmages. Exhibitions are real games, just not recorded as a win or loss. Scrimmages are just that-scrimmages, where each team tries different things, such as man/zone defenses, out of bound plays, etc with each team agreeing to things before the scrimmage. That’s why scrimmages are most generally secret.

Game stats were agreed to before our scrimmage to not be made public. But it seems that some info was leaked. Even though they might just be scrimmaging, scores are being recorded, and players want to win, like it was a real game.

Chris and I know at least one of our coaches was not happy the score got out.
I thought if it was D1 vs D1, a scrimmage/exhibition game was considered the same. The way I understood it, because it was D1 vs D1 no info was to be leaked of any nature. I guess I was misinformed.

There is no NCAA rule prohibiting teams from releasing scores and/or stats from these scrimmages. That’s up to the coaches. Only strict rules around who can be in attendance.

Alternatively, teams are allowed to play an exhibition against another D1 team if the proceeds from that game are directed to charity. Fans can attend those games and they can be televised.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Apparently New Mexico St. is playing every single team in New Mexico and they might actually be playing more D2, D3 and NAIA schools than Oral Roberts. Lord jesus they have a soft schedule.
So.... UNM?

<Checks schedule> Wow. Okay. Western NM is DII. NNMC is NAIA.

They are missing Highlands this year, and they do usually play Highlands. Highlands is DII.

I wonder if there is still time to get NM Tech's club basketball team on the schedule.

So.... UNM?

<Checks schedule> Wow. Okay. Western NM is DII. NNMC is NAIA.

They are missing Highlands this year, and they do usually play Highlands. Highlands is DII.

I wonder if there is still time to get NM Tech's club basketball team on the schedule.
We have New Mexico State on our schedule. They play

Western New Mexico
University of the Southwest (its in New Mexico)
New Mexico
Northern New Mexico

They also play UTEP which might as well be in New Mexico.

Reactions: Clong83a
Last of the Exhibition games were yesterday.

I couldnt find a score for the Texas Lutheran vs Incarnate word.

Missouri State handled Westminster 100-51

Memphis finished their second exhibition by beating LeMoyne-Owen 104-63

Tulane beat Henderson St. 85-64

Rice beat Clayton St. 80-57

South Florida beat Edward Winters 94-49

Tulsa handles OK Christian easily 74-60.
Oklahoma State pulls away late to beat OBU 95-53. 😂

We are two days away from Basketball season. Jut the right time considering the football season. Here are the high profile games that the teams we play have scheduled for Non Conference.

DateTeamTeamLocation
November 6Missouri St.atWest Virginia
Mississippi Val. St.atLSU
New Mexico St.atKentucky
November 10Mississippi Val. St.atOklahoma
MemphisatMissouri
UTSAatMinnesota
ClemsonvsUABAsheville
November 12Maryland/DavidsonvsUABAsheville
November 14Jackson St.atLoyola Marymount
Mississippi Val. St.atUConn
Texas A&MatSMU
November 15RiceatTexas
November 17Oral RobertsatTexas A&M
Mississippi Val. St.atTCU
November 19Jackson St.atMissouri
November 20West VirginiavsSMUFt. Myers, FL
November 22Central ArkansasatKansas St.
South Carolina St.atMissouri
MemphisvsMichiganNassau, Bahamas
Virginia or WisconsinvsSMUFt. Myers, FL
Ole Miss.atTemple
November 23MemphisvsArk. or StanfordNassau, Bahamas
ButlervsFla. AtlanticKissimmee, FL
November 24MemphisvsUNC/Villanova/UNI/Texas TechNassau, Bahamas
Fla. AtlanticvsPenn St./Texas A&MKissimmee, FL
November 25Jackson St.atGeorgetown
November 26Fla. AtlanticBoise St./Iowa St./VCU/Va TechKissimmee, FL
November 28Oral RobertsatKansas St.
November 29Central ArkansasatLoyola Marymount
December 2MemphisatOle Miss
TemplevsPenn/St. Joes/Villanova
December 3Wichita St.atMissouri
December 5IllinoisvsFla. AtlanticNew York
December 6SMUatArizona St.
RiceatHouston
December 9Jackson St.atHouston
South CarolinaatEast Carolina
CharlotteatDuke
Mississippi St.vsTulaneAtlanta
Florida St.vsSouth Fla.Sunrise, Fl
December 10MemphisatTexas A&M
December 11Mississippi Val. St.atGonzaga
December 12Oral RobertsatTexas Tech
December 14FloridavsEast CarolinaLakeland, Fl
December 16South Carolina St.atPitt
ClemsonatMemphis
SMUatFlorida St.
December 17Oral RobertsatOklahoma St.
North TexasatMississippi St.
December 19VirginiaatMemphis
December 20Jackson St.atGonzaga
December 21Wichita St.vsKansas St.Kansas City
December 22Mississippi Val. St.atBaylor
December 23VanderbiltatMemphis
ArizonavsFla. AtlanticLas Vegas
December 28Central ArkansasatOklahoma
December 29Jackson St.atNorthwestern
South Carolina St.atNebraska
December 30Central ArkansasatMissouri
KansasvsWichita St.Kansas City
December 31South Carolina St.atOklahoma St.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Basketball season can’t start soon enough. I’m really excited to see all the new guys and glad we’re playing such a soft schedule.

Reactions: loca2874
That makes the guard spot awfully thin. Lots of minutes for Cobe & Haggerty. Archie, Barnes, &/or Carlous may have to cover the 2 spot for short spells. Our guards have to stay out of foul trouble. Missing two players at any one position puts us in a bind this year. We do have 3 at the 2 spot though, one more than any other position. That would eliminate any other position. He could be out for Incarnate Word too, if he takes a long time to come out of concussion protocol.

The weakest we could be with a single player out might be Garcia.

That makes the guard position very thin...Barnes, &/or Carlous may have to cover the
2 spot for short spells.
Actually, if it got to the point we had to go to the front line for help, I might go with Hall..
Remember he played back court before he "grew up", and still has a pretty good handle...
Also, in watching him in HS, he sometimes played like a guard in getting the ball down
the court...He can still move...

I expect to see him get increased PT as the season progresses...He will be a very
versatile wing, and very active on the court....I think he will be a fun player to watch...

Last edited:
Reactions: dlsnid
Actually, if it got to the point we had to go to the front line for help, I might go with Hall..
Remember he played back court before he "grew up", and still has a pretty good handle...
Also, in watching him in HS, he sometimes played like a guard in getting the ball down
the court...He can still move...

I expect to see him get increased PT as the season progresses...He will be a very
versatile wing, and very active on the court....I think he will be a fun player to watch...
I thought about that, but didn't mention it because I don't think he is far enough along yet. I don't know though, just for a minute or two of relief? Maybe.

I thought about that, but didn't mention it because I don't think he is far enough along yet. I don't know though, just for a minute or two of relief? Maybe.
Cobe, P.J. and Archie.....maybe Seals

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Cobe, P.J. and Archie.....maybe Seals
The only time Seals will play is if we are blowing a team out and it's at the end of the game, or if we are getting blown out and it's at the end of the game.

Don’t get too down on Seals. Unlike a lot of walkons, , he won’t hurt the team for short minutes.
I'm not down on him but there's to much talent on this team to play him if games are close, great kid. Obviously a son of a legend, but to me it doesn't make sense to recruit all this talent and then play a walk on in critical situations. Like I said if it's a big lead then sure but if it's close and you put him in, that's some bad coaching.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I'm not down on him but there's to much talent on this team to play him if games are close, great kid. Obviously a son of a legend, but to me it doesn't make sense to recruit all this talent and then play a walk on in critical situations. Like I said if it's a big lead then sure but if it's close and you put him in, that's some bad coaching.
When you only have 3 guards who are not injured, and one of them is a freshman pg who isn't ready for a bunch of minutes yet... Putting Seals in for a minute or two to give Haggerty a breather at SG isn't out of line. That's all anybody is talking about. Just until Mcwright or Willis come back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT