ADVERTISEMENT

Exhibition Schedule and Media Days

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
If you are not aware already, the AAC Media days for Basketball is Monday October 9 starting at 8:00 a.m. on ESPN+. Below is the Schedule (the times are in Eastern time). The attendees for the Men will be Coach Konkol, Cobe Williams and Keaston Willis. The Women will have Coach Nelp, Delanie Crawford and Temira Poindexter

9:00Welcome/Preseason Poll and Honors Announced
9:15Commissioner Mike Aresco
10:00South Florida Women
10:10South Florida Men
10:20Tulsa Women
10:30Tulsa Men
10:40UTSA Women
10:50UTSA Men
11:00Memphis Women
11:10Memphis Men
11:20Florida Atlantic Men
11:30Florida Atlantic Women
11:40Temple Men
11:50Temple Women
NoonEast Carolina Women
12:10East Carolina Men
12:40Rice Women
12:50Rice Men
1:00Charlotte Men
1:10Charlotte Women
1:20Wichita State Men
1:30Wichita State Women
1:40SMU Women
1:50SMU Men
2:00Tulane Men
2:10Tulane Women
2:20North Texas Women
2:30North Texas Men
2:40UAB Men
2:50UAB Women

I have also went through the schedules for the Exhibition games and this is what is set for all of the teams on our schedule. Some of the times are not set. I will be pushing out a list of Notable games that our opponents play after I have finished going through all of the schedules, so stay tuned for that.

4-Aug​
Thessaloniki All StarsvsWichita St.W, 76-60Greece Summer Tour
7-Aug​
University of CalgaryvsWichita St.W, 84-70Greece Summer Tour
9-Aug​
University of CalgaryvsWichita St.W, 84-73Greece Summer Tour
24-Oct​
Trinity ChristianatUTSAW, 100-70
25-Oct​
Arkansas BaptistatLittle RockW, 97-66
26-Oct​
Mississippi CollegeatTulaneW, 83-72
29-Oct​
Trinity ChristianatLoyola ChicagoW, 104-44
29-Oct​
Lane CollegeatMemphisW, 106-49
29-Oct​
Rogers StateatWichita St.W, 74-53
29-Oct​
Sam HoustonatNorth TexasW, 63-53
30-Oct​
Morehouse CollegeatUABW, 88-70
30-Oct​
McMurrayatUTSAW, 100-70
1-Nov​
Oklahoma ChristianatTulsaW, 74-60
1-Nov​
Oklahoma BaptistatOklahoma St.W, 95-53
2-Nov​
Texas LutheranatIncarnate Word
2-Nov​
WestminsteratMissouri St.W, 100-51
2-Nov​
LeMoyne-OwenatMemphisW, 104-63
2-Nov​
Henderson St.atTulaneW, 85-64
2-Nov​
Clayton St.atRiceW, 80-57
2-Nov​
Edward WintersatSouth Fla.W, 94-49

Last edited:
Reactions: seniorgolfer
So as I was going through my spreadsheet I noticed that Incarnate Word had Northwestern on their schedule late in the year which seemed very odd. I went to the Northwestern site and sure enough they do not have Incarnate word on their schedule. I sent an email to to the Incarnate word athletic department and informed them that they had Northwestern instead of Northwestern State on their schedule and that it might need to be updated. I got an email back from them yesterday, they said thanks for the heads up and we are going to fix that. IT is now fixed.

Think SEC....... that is a clue.....but it is a secret.......;)

Starters for the exhibition game?

Cobe
P. J.
Garcia
?
?

Starters for the exhibition game?

Cobe
P. J.
Garcia
?-Mo Keita
?-Carlous Williams----------------------Very small back court...I prob. need more speed in the front court... :)

Last edited:
I would have Barnes starting along with the other 3 you listed I think Keita will play but not starting maybe Reed or Williams. I thought McWright and Hall shot it pretty good in last practice especially McWright
McWright has been very impressive this fall. Much more than many expected I think. Barnes is one I am waiting on to see what he can do as he has the size and athletic ability. In an exhibition game I expect everyone to get similar minutes. I wish we could play four 12 minute quarters in the exhibition. Konkol may divide them up in various ways depending on Willis.

Last edited:
Willis will not play in the exhibition or scrimmage, will be re-evaluated at the start of the season.

Reactions: loca2874
Love how these schools pay attention to detail. Mississippi Valley state plays at Uconn this year and on their schedule they have Connecticut with the Cincinnati logo. shameful. lol. Yes I sent an email to them like I did Incarnate Word. smh

Willis will not play in the exhibition or scrimmage, will be re-evaluated at the start of the season.
Just wanted to remind everybody we beat LSU by 1 w/o a player that will be integral working with Kobe this year. I have a feeling it might have been a 5 or 10 pt win, if he played.(Especially with him being our best 3pt shooter)

Apparently New Mexico St. is playing every single team in New Mexico and they might actually be playing more D2, D3 and NAIA schools than Oral Roberts. Lord jesus they have a soft schedule.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Like I have said in my previous posts this team has a chance to be extremely special. We NEVER ever had this level of talent under Franklin Haith. Once again I will say 20+ wins and an NCAA BID!!

UTSA defeated Trinity Christian in the first of its two exhibition games 100-70.

Tomorrow Arkansas Baptist visits Yooler

Lack of NCAA enforcement of anything must have allowed the secret scrimmages to leak quickly.

Willis will not play in the exhibition or scrimmage, will be re-evaluated at the
start of the season.
It appears that Konkol is waiting for Willis' full recovery to get him cranked back
up.....If so, that's good, because coming back early doesn't always work our well..
You never know, but our first two or three games shouldn't require his presence
if he needs more healing time....

Carlous Williams had that experience last year in JC...He came back from a leg
injury for the last half of the season, and was never quite the same....His team
lost their second play off game in a very close contest that would have probably
gone the other way if he had been at full strength...They were two wins away
from being in the National JC championship tourney in Hutchinson.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Lowery
Sorry as I am a day late in reporting results.
Yooler beat Arkansas Baptist 97-66 Wednesday in their only exhibition.

Last night Tulane beat Mississippi College 83-72. Their last exhibition game is on Nov 2 when they play Henderson State.

There are 4 games this Sunday

Trinity Christian at Loyola Chicago

Lane College at Memphis

Rogers State at Wichita State

Sam Houston at North Texas

Last edited:
Rusults

Yesterday

Loyola Chicago over Trinity Christian 104-44
Memphis over Lane College 106-49
Wichita State over Rogers State 74-53
North Texas over Sam Houston 63-53

Tonight

UAB over Morehouse 88-70
UTSA over McMurray 100-70

No games for Halloween but there are two games on Nov 1

Oklahoma Christian at Tulsa
Oklahoma Baptist at Oklahoma State

6 more games on Nov 2 and that is the end of the Exhibition slate. Regular season starts on Nov 6th with a large slate.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Rusults

Yesterday

Loyola Chicago over Trinity Christian 104-44
Memphis over Lane College 106-49
Wichita State over Rogers State 74-53
North Texas over Sam Houston 63-53

Tonight

UAB over Morehouse 88-70
UTSA over McMurray 100-70

No games for Halloween but there are two games on Nov 1

Oklahoma Christian at Tulsa
Oklahoma Baptist at Oklahoma State

6 more games on Nov 2 and that is the end of the Exhibition slate. Regular season starts on Nov 6th with a large slate.
Go OBU!!

Some other interesting scores. D2 Pace defeated Rick Pitino just days after St Johns defeated a very good Rutgers team.

Kentucky Wesleyan defeated Louisville.

Illinois defeated Kansas, Gonzaga over Baylor.

Tennessee beats Michigan State—poor Dougie. Maybe they played The Beach Boys for him at halftime.

Purdue outlasts Arkansas in OT in Fayettenam by 1.

Indiana State over Cincy

San Francisco over USC

BYU vs Stanford 77-72 | BYU

Clemson beat Ohio State by 20

Rutgers beat DePaul by 32

Iowa state beat northwestern by 6

Last edited:
Some other interesting scores. D2 Pace defeated Rick Pitino just days after St Johns defeated a very good Rutgers team.

Kentucky Wesleyan defeated Louisville.

Illinois defeated Kansas, Gonzaga over Baylor.

Tennessee beats Michigan State—poor Dougie. Maybe they played The Beach Boys for him at halftime.

Purdue outlasts Arkansas in OT in Fayettenam by 1.
So was the Illinois/Kansas game a secret scrimmage or an exhibition game that doesn't count? Same with the other D1 v D1 games listed? BTW, Tennessee is going to be very good again. Texas is probably regretting ditching Rick Barnes for going 18-12 one season.

Both were exhibition games. Don’t count on record. I know the tennessee/Michigan State game was televised by the Big10 network.

Both were exhibition games. Don’t count on record. I know the tennessee/Michigan State game was televised by the Big10 network.
I wonder if this is going to start a trend of trying to play some elevated competition pre-season to see where you are at instead of the scrimmage vs an elevated HS team. I wouldn't be shocked if you start seeing a TU vs OU preseason game if that is the new trend.

When were these games played I thought nobody started playing until November 6th except exhibitions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT