ADVERTISEMENT

Temple game thread

Gold, Taplin is indeed improving. Has played very well last 4 games

I thought TK had gotten away with the push until that late whistle. Taplin is getting better every game.

Taplin's court vision and passing ability really helps him drive and score late in games. If they collapse he sees the open guy.

He's exceeding my expectations for him on the season. Love his game.

Reactions: TU 1978
A few years ago some here complained about no zones.

Still battling.

Great call and play by Taplin but that maybe the worst last play defense by an opposing team I have seen in a long time

Taplin is turning into the guard I thought he would be. This team just keeps getting better.

That final offensive set for the Taplin go ahead bucket was one of the best sets I've seen in a long time. Also helped that Temple had two guys follow Wheeer.

Awesome win after being down 8 late in the 2nd half.

Taplin is getting really good.
TK is playing well (we needed that).
I hate zone defenses --- sparingly they are effective but just hate 'em.

***Tulsa is a lot better than Temple.

That final offensive set for the Taplin go ahead bucket was one of the best sets I've seen in a long time. Also helped that Temple had two guys follow Wheeer.

Awesome win after being down 8 late in the 2nd half.

Best offensive call out of a timeout since Haith has been here. Granted, there wasn't much competition.

Reactions: ctt8410
No kidding, Redskin. Taplin is a sophomore, isn't he? Why did some people expect him to be a finished work this year? Of course he's still improving.
Taplin also didn't play much last year either since he was behind all those seniors. This is the first year he has really had a chance to get on the court for significant minutes. He now needs to keep getting better game by game which he has as others have too. I think this team is doing a bit better than most people expected. They keep learning at the current pace, this could be decent season for them. Congrats to the coaching staff for putting in place an upbeat attitude towards winning with this team.

Last edited:
No kidding, Redskin. Taplin is a sophomore, isn't he? Why did some people expect him to be a finished work this year? Of course he's still improving.

Yep. I was worried early, but I've been on board since Oregon State. The guy can play. He just needed confidence

Whenever he acknowledges Uzoh ran the scoring table when we were recruiting Rotnei and he played a game at TU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT