ADVERTISEMENT

ORU thread.

Just curious , do they have church services in this same area where the gym is ?
Maybe. Oral is buried at the end of the court where he can “watch” the games.

Amazing how awful these officials are. Hope this is the last time we ever play these mofos.

Last edited:
There is a lack of disciplined play on the Tulsa said. But given the transfer portal bad basketball is to be expected these days.

Reactions: t-townpod
We need to play well down the stretch. ORU still has several players who have won a lot of games the last few years. This can be a key game to see how mentally tough this TU team is.

Reactions: darrenj and TulsaAM
I guess the sloppy play is because the Tulsa team is young. Right now, getting schooled in how to play disciplined basketball.

Reactions: darrenj
I've seen enough.
10 wins max.
Long season.
Flawed program. Konkol ain't the answer.
His half court offense is crap.

Tulsa's admin needs to do some serious soul searching.

very little uncontested on our end. It's tough to watch us try to get a good shot inside.

Reactions: TulsaAM
#24 Williams has some real poor shot selections.

Long 2's are statistically the worst shot in basketball. Konkol should know that as should our team. Please stop. They hurt my heart.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Yep... Williams has a decision-making problem. He is actually CREATING turnovers for others on his team.

I really think you can't play Haggerty and Williams together. The offense stalls too much.

Second game in a row where I'm scratching my head with those two, and Archie got like 3 minutes total.

We're just not getting enough open looks for our guards out of these offensive sets. Everything is "drive and hope to be fouled" or take a long pass across the floor that results in a contested 3.

Reactions: I.I. and TulsaAM
Not for firing but half court offense a joke. No idea why not Archie and Williams same time

Reactions: I.I.
Willis #2 can't dribble either. I thought we had good guards? Maybe it was poor competition?

Anyway, this one is over with an 8 point lead and 2:29 to play so I am going to Wal Mart with the wife. Yep, from sleeping in the snow to get tickets to the WAC championship to rather go to Wal Mart with the wife. That is all because TU Administration didn't want me as a fan.

And if they come back and win, I will admit I was wrong. Odds are I won't have to do that though.

Last edited:
Well... you'll like this one...

FIRE Konkol!!!

Seriously... the guy won't last 5 seasons. And, he will not have a winning season at Tulsa. His half court stinks!!

Tulsa admin needs to get the boot. Sad times. Poor leadership.
This guy is worse than John Phillips and will be the worst coach ever at Tulsa in any sport

9 point with 1:29... closing down the laptop. It's been real, but you cannot fight the power of Brother Oral.

I understand the difficult history of the Tulsa ORU series, but this one really stings. I really want to see better offense from Konkol's team. We played well against really poor competition this year, but we need to see improvement. Konkol is sticking to his older players but they're just not getting the job done. I had hoped that getting Willis back might open things up but it really didn't.

We desperately need less obstinance.

FIRE Konkol!!!

Seriously... the guy won't last 5 seasons. And, he will not have a winning season at Tulsa. His half court stinks!!

Maybe you need the boot.

Reactions: loca2874

FIRE Konkol!!!

Jesus Christ I hate you so much.

Your life must be so terrible you have to type on a Tulsa forum page with 100 people just to get a reaction from your :crap:ty life.

But a stool and a rope from Amazon for about $20 and really start living.

Dumbass

This guy is worse than John Phillips and will be the worst coach ever at Tulsa in any sport
I agree.
I see his half court offense. It's the true judge of a head coach. You can be a good recruiter. You can be great at motivating good defensive effort and emphasize boxing out on the glass.

But, when the half court offense is this ineffective... well, that's a coaching problem.
Maybe you need the boot.
Calls 'em as I sees 'em.

I agree.
I see his half court offense. It's the true judge of a head coach. You can be a good recruiter. You can be great at motivating good defensive effort and emphasize boxing out on the glass.

But, when the half court offense is this ineffective... well, that's a coaching problem.

Calls 'em as I sees 'em.
Not happy with half court offense but you need to remember we are talent deficient. We have absolutely no inside game so we have to dribble drive to create space. I am only aggravated at Konkols hate for Archie who is by far the best dribble penetrator we have. And probably the best on ball defender. Yes he makes freshman mistakes but we will not win with this offense

Reactions: TulsaAM and mcane
Not happy with half court offense but you need to remember we are talent deficient. We have absolutely no inside game so we have to dribble drive to create space. I am only aggravated at Konkols hate for Archie who is by far the best dribble penetrator we have. And probably the best on ball defender. Yes he makes freshman mistakes but we will not win with this offense
I agree. There is some talent problems - especially at the point (Williams is average) and down low. Konkol not playing the best talent and having them learn and develop just solidifies my opinion that he's a terrible HC.

Last edited:
Listening to Bruce & J. R., too many one & dones. Did we get any O-rebounds in that 2nd half?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT