ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Christian game thread

I really like Archie. Tulsa type player. Best on ball defender in game.

Reactions: TU 1978
Half time assessment: Struggling to get open shots offensively. Poor rebounding without Selebangue. Better defense though. COBE made some nice shots. PJ really struggled handling and didn’t get open shots. Will shoot 90% from the line though. Reed and Archie are great Freshmen. Chauncey did not play? McWright head injury? Carlous Williams nice player as well as Garcia. Hall can really handle for his size. Barnes great looking player but struggled with shooting past 15 feet. If he can hit threes, he has everything else. Mo is a project but a big one! Favorite player…Archie without a doubt.

Reactions: TUMU and tufan56
Look much more in rhythm mother start second half. Reed is getting open but no passes to him. Garcia nice shots.

COBE and PJ are calming down. TU 45-31. 15:40.

Barnes made a beautiful three. That’s what we need from him.

We have a long ways to go to be a decent team. I was hoping for a bit more tonight against a really bad D2 team. OOC schedule gives us time to gel. I was a bit critical of the schedule when it came out but it appears to have been the correct decision.

Reactions: loca2874
We have a long ways to go to be a decent team. I was hoping for a bit more tonight against a really bad D2 team. OOC schedule gives us time to gel. I was a bit critical of the schedule when it came out but it appears to have been the correct decision.
That’s what I was saying earlier. We might have individual talent better than last year but they have to learn to play with each other and that takes a little bit of time. It’s not like we have a team of blue chips.

Most of these kids have not played at length under the lights. Cobe and Garcia the exceptions.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
That’s what I was saying earlier. We might have individual talent better than last year but they have to learn to play with each other and that takes a little bit of time. It’s not like we have a team of blue chips.
Nice homie sweet home schedule is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Based on the broadcast, sounds like Haggerty is going to end up being something special. And I have mentioned players who maybe aren’t standouts in practice but they show up under the lights…sounds like Archie may be like that. I don’t remember hearing anything much about him from practice reports.

I like the fact we can shoot free throws. Will take time for the Team dynamics to be established.

This was an exhibition game and Konkol was experimenting with different lineups and giving bench players some time under the lights. Don’t worry about not blowing out OC.
Agreed. We have some PLAYERS, that much is true. The schedule we have is honestly perfect for this season and this season only. The people worried that we didn't win by 40 need to calm down.

Agreed. We have some PLAYERS, that much is true. The schedule we have is honestly perfect for this season and this season only. The people worried that we didn't win by 40 need to calm down.
Amen. This team needs time to gel together and there is no fast and simple solution to accomplish this task.

Unfortunately he has chosen to enter portal and is no longer on roster.

That is crazy, but we’re in a crazy portal era. He may have realized he wasn’t going to get a lot of playing time. We do have several good 2s & 3s on our roster.

I recognize I’m really ignorant of portal rules, but you can go in the portal a half week before the season starts? What the hell?

I recognize I’m really ignorant of portal rules, but you can go in the portal a half week before the season starts? What the hell?
I believe he’ll have to sit out a year but since he didn’t play in this season, I THINK that year would be this season.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT