ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Christian game thread

This portal insanity needs to stop.
We will benefit from the portal this year more than pretty much any team in the country. If a player doesn’t want to put in the work and doesn’t want to be here, I see no reason we should disincentivize him leaving.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
I understand that, and agree. But I will say it again…. A half week before the season starts? How is a coaching staff supposed to prepare for a season?

It's like a girlfriend in college. Mutual attraction for both in the beginning.
You thought you liked her and the first six months went well.
Then you start to realize you aren't getting what you thought it was going to be.
Time to tell her you have decided it's best we part ways. Thanks for the good times, but I'm not happy anymore.

I went to double check that he was gone, and it said I shot an airball and the roster no longer existed. I'll take you alls word for it. ;0) I think I heard them talking about him in the pregame of the radio broadcast. So they didn't even know yet that he was gone. SMH

I went to double check that he was gone, and it said I shot an airball and the roster no longer existed. I'll take you alls word for it. ;0) I think I heard them talking about him in the pregame of the radio broadcast. So they didn't even know yet that he was gone. SMH
Now that you mention the pregame interview they talked about “all 11 scholarship players” and it didn’t even register until now.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
No source listed but …
@AaronWilson_NFL
Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL
·
14h

Tulsa
@TUMBasketball
basketball guard Chauncey Gibson entered the transfer portal, per a source. Dallas native who previously transferred to Tulsa from Clemson. #NCAABasketball
Will have to sit out another year (or this year) now since he has portaled once. May never play....... By the way I can say it now I guess, I watched him in several practices and he got minor injuries in every one and sat out a lot. Fairly nice shooter and nice kid but Haggerty beat him out for a similar position quite easily.

Reactions: loca2874
Gibson is no longer on the roster per TU athletics website.
If you're not part of the solution, you really do become part of the problem...
It will be tough for him to find a new home if he is considered a double
transfer....I say "if", because he obviously didn't compete for us....I have no
idea what the rule is on that...

The other ten recruits of this 2023 recruiting class seem to be progressing in
the way that their pasts would have predicted...Given the urgency of the
situation for Konkol&Co. when they were recruited, I would venture that
they did a really good job of player evaluation while under a lot of pressure....

This roster of players looks like one that will form a solid base on which to
build a very competitive team....The "missing pieces" category seems to have
shrunk to a precious few!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT