ADVERTISEMENT

Softball

Top of the 7th and Wichita is down 1-0.

Get out of jam. Bottom of the 7th still 1-0.

Wichita down to their last out, pop up and struck out swinging.

Wichita goes down swinging, literally. Almost did it. Tulsa will be a 2 seed, we get Houston as the 3 on our side of the bracket. UCF, USF, and Wichita are on the opposite side.

Go get some momentum ladies, crush it leading into the NCAA's.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA
They had runners on 2nd & 3rd in the 6th, but couldn't bring them in. Surprised USF only won it 1-0.

Reactions: TU4ever2
They had runners on 2nd & 3rd in the 6th, but couldn't bring them in. Surprised USF only won it 1-0.

Wichita had 2 errors too, their defense has been pretty strong lately though. USF only had 5 hits. Going to be a good conference tourney.

Bottom line is we shouldn't lose to UCONN. Bargfeldt stuck to his plan though and didn't throw Delce and Pochop extended innings. I bet that changes from here on out.

Bottom line is we shouldn't lose to UCONN. Bargfeldt stuck to his plan though and didn't throw Delce and Pochop extended innings. I bet that changes from here on out.

Yup, we will see if his pretty much season long strategy pays off. I think it was a solid decision and avoiding an upset this next week is the only risk left.

Should turn some solid dividends next season as well or if the unthinkable happens and someone picks up a injury.

Latest RPI

TU #26
OSU #12

Betting TU ends up in Stillwater based on the latest numbers. OU appears to be a notch above everyone else this year. Staying away from the Sooners is important.

Latest RPI

TU #26
OSU #12

Betting TU ends up in Stillwater based on the latest numbers. OU appears to be a notch above everyone else this year. Staying away from the Sooners is important.

Of note, WSU is number #62, UCF is #51. Top 45 is safe.

Should Wichita beat UCF and USF #31 (their likely semis opponents) they are probably in. They may not pull UCF through with them though as that would probably leave UCF right at 50. Wichita winning it all and beating UCF, USF, and then maybe Houston or us would probably get 5 teams in.

AAC baseball may be looking at a similar scenario depending on the next week or so. With the conference looking like it is stepping up in men's basketball and growing in women's this may become a theme as the fourth/fifth place fight is one for a NCAA berth in most sports.

Julia Hollingsworth was named AAC Player of the Year in Softball, Chenise Delce is the AAC Rookie of the Year, and Smanatha Pochop, Morgan Neal, Haylie Meinen, and Rylie Spell were named to the all AAC 2nd team.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Beaten out of the first round of the tournament this afternoon.

What's our updated RPI? Any chance we get left out this year?

We won't get left out but the odds of playing in Norman just increased. We have zero shot to get out of the Norman regional should we be placed there. East Carolina had an RPI of #130 going into that game btw.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We won't get left out but the odds of playing in Norman just increased. We have zero shot to get out of the Norman regional should we be placed there. East Carolina had an RPI of #130 going into that game btw.
If Wichita St upsets USF tomorrow do you think that gets them in, or will they have to beat Houston. (If they make it to the championship game or ever finish this game against UConn that is...)

If Wichita St upsets USF tomorrow do you think that gets them in, or will they have to beat Houston. (If they make it to the championship game or ever finish this game against UConn that is...)

Wichita should be in if they beat USF their rpi would be right at 45 if they lose to Houston. If they lose to ECU.....

WSU winning the tournament is now the best outcome for the conference and Tulsa. It will likely pull UCF through and give Tulsa some more quality wins.

I believe they’re in if they get to the finals. If I’m UCF I would be worried right now. I assume we end up in either Norman or Stillwater. Felt pretty good about Stillwater before yesterday. As odd as it sounds we should probably hope OSU makes it to the Big12 finals. The higher their RPI the more likely we end up in Stillwater imo.

It’s too bad that with such an alleged great TV contract we haven’t been on TV a single time this year. Not once.

The only way I’ve seen TU softball is if we ever get to the playoffs. Sad!

It’s too bad that with such an alleged great TV contract we haven’t been on TV a single time this year. Not once.

There are some ways to see some internet broadcasts. I have seen one or two games already. I can't remember which games I have seen, but I have seen two internet broadcasts, and haven't searched very ardently over the season.

I’m sure that TU athletics promotion of softball is worse than football and men’s basketball, so we’d never know.

Power up the lights for the AAC softball tournament? Are they gonna try and get 2 1/2 games in from 7-1am-ish? Or will they make a double header out of the second semifinal and the championship game on Sunday.

Friendly reminder tomorrow game will be shown on ESPNU so the nation will get to see the girls shine.

Crush them ladies! Keep up the hard work and building that momentum!

As Money pointed out we have had some broadcast on the American Digital Network too which is on Facebook. Our game vs ECU in the tourney was on there. Semi-finals too, championship on ESPNU I believe.

The new media deal doesn't take effect till 2020. Most games will go on plus with a handful more on the ESPN family.

I’m sure that TU athletics promotion of softball is worse than football and men’s basketball, so we’d never know.

Good point, we do need to step that up. Currently there are four sports that teams make revenue off of. Football, both men and women's basketball, and baseball although of course not every program does. Softball though is becoming a fifth revenue sport and several programs have managed to do so for a while. Softball is popular in the area and we play several good programs in the season ooc and in. We should put some more effort into spreading the word of what has become a very high level and consistent sport.

Power up the lights for the AAC softball tournament? Are they gonna try and get 2 1/2 games in from 7-1am-ish? Or will they make a double header out of the second semifinal and the championship game on Sunday.

I think finishing up the ECU/Houston game and double up for Sunday seems more probable and fair play, of course because it makes sense does not mean that's how it will go.

They haven't even started yet as far as I can tell. Despite the fact that the rain stopped maybe an hour ago at the least, my guess is a doubleheader on Sunday.

They haven't even started yet as far as I can tell. Despite the fact that the rain stopped maybe an hour ago at the least, my guess is a doubleheader on Sunday.

They just announced it's all canceled. USF gets auto bid.

Wichita and UCF are both probably out now. Wow.

The Big12 cancelled their tourney as well before the finals were set. Big12 could have played tonight if they had really wanted too. Bad look for college softball imo.

How do you cancel a tournament that possibly decides if a team can make the NCAA tourney or not? Just doesnt make any sense whatsoever

They just announced it's all canceled. USF gets auto bid.

Wichita and UCF are both probably out now. Wow.
Yeah, that’s pretty bad considering most schools have completed classes now so that is not a concern.

Yeah, that’s pretty bad considering most schools have completed classes now so that is not a concern.
Maybe the Presidents didn't want another night in the hotel for UConn & USF and they won out 2-1 on the argument with Wichita St.

Any TV or internet feed for these games?

ESPN 3 for us vs Arkansas.

Some games will go on conference networks. ESPN family will carry some of the more important games and I believe super regionals.

The team will hopefully be focused and play at a high level with the upset in the conference tourney fresh in their minds. If they play at their top level this is definitely a regional they can win.

UCF finished at 51 and WSU at 60. Had WSU beat USF and got Houston for the championship they would have likely been in and UCF would have had a really good chance.

Three is still pretty good.

Any chance Tulsa will try and host a conference tourney?

Stillwater regional schedule:

Game 1: Thursday at 5:00 (Ark. vs. Tulsa)
Game 2: Thursday at 7:30 (OSU vs. BYU)
Game 3: Friday at 12:00 (Game 1 winner vs. Game 2 winner)
Game 4: Friday at 2:30 (Game 1 loser vs. Game 2 loser)
Game 5: Friday at 5:00 (Game 3 loser vs. Game 4 winner)
Game 6: Saturday at 3:00 (Game 3 winner vs. Game 5 winner)*
Game 7: Saturday at 5:30 (Gave 6 winner vs. Game 6 loser)**

Please note that the area around the softball complex could be crowded Friday night and Saturday night due to OSU-Baylor baseball games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT