ADVERTISEMENT

Softball

If weather in Stillwater is anything near what it's like in Edmond area, there will be no games today. Streets are already flooding over. Tornado watch's. Its a mess today

It looks like it’s supposed to be over by noonish

True but the rain stopped two hours before start times in the AAC and the field was apparently not playable. A push till Sunday will only benefit us. With no BYU gone the Sunday games will be fine.

Reactions: loca2874
Looks like the rain should continue the rest of the day. I suppose the games could be played tomorrow if weather allows.

3:20 pm est first pitch. I’m a little surprised they could get all the water off the outfield.

Wet field, low wind.

Less help for their bats. The walks killed us, but it was mostly on homeruns that the wind got ahold of yesterday. Hopefully the pitchers come out strong and confident. This team is definitely capable of taking two from Ok St

Reactions: loca2874
Had a friend text me about an hour ago and said there was still standing water in the outfield. They’re working on it but I wouldn’t be confident on a 3:45 start.

....and now it’s a 4:30 est start. Still lots of water in the outfield.

Maybe they will get one in tonight. Certainly sounds like they are trying.

The storm wasn't very long but was certainly intense for a very short time.

The ladies get one across the plate in the 1st. Some nice defensive plays by OSU keep it from being worse. 21 or 22 pitch count already for OSU, making the pitcher work and being selective.

OSU ties it in the bottom of the third on a double off the wall.

Tulsa gets lead off batter on in top of fourth.

OSU mishandled double play ball gets runner at second.

Sharp hit, diving ball caught low next batter, runner on first caught out for double play. Box scores look identical 1-1 going into the bottom of the fourth. Delce is getting foul ball strikes like crazy but it's running the pitch count up. This is where he may stretch her, she can handle it and gives him options in the second game.

This team is pretty damn good and putting up one hell of a fight.

Fun to root for them.

OSU gets another run in the bottom of the fourth and then fights it's way to three outs in the top of the fifth. OSU up to bat leading 2-1 mid fifth.

Down to 3 outs, 2-1 cowgirls.

Delce is a machine. A machine. Next year will be a lot of fun with her and pochop but I'm not ready for this one to be over yet.

Tulsa gets a runner to 3rd with two outs, batter gets up 2-0 in count. Excellent pitch gets her to pop up.

Game OSU 2-1 Tulsa.

OSU wins the season series against Tulsa 3-1, all at home.

Good season for the girls, next year should be a lot of fun even though that won't make this hurt any less.

Losing some good seniors, thank you ladies.

Tough way to go out. Probably the best shot to win a regional in the last twenty years. Need to play well enough during the regular season to host next year.

Feels like this one slipped away more so than last year.

Yeah, last year OU was dominant at times. This one they were close, just couldn't quite get there. I expect a strong season next year and a chance to host. That would be huge.

11 regionals, 5 appearances in the regional championship, and 7 times getting sent to Norman. That sounds like a hell of hill they've already climbed. Just got to go a little farther, be nice if they could start that journey at home.

Tough way to go out. Probably the best shot to win a regional in the last twenty years. Need to play well enough during the regular season to host next year.
That costs cash. Not sure we would spend it. Stadium isn’t as TV friendly as other locations too.

That Bargfeldensteen is a horrible coach! Think how good we could be if we only practiced!

Interesting that you geniuses still comment on me..lol I watched the 1st Okie State game..couple of questions since you guys are so smart and Barney is so good...Why didnt he re-enter his #1 heading into the 6th..it was clear the pitcher was beginning to get smashed...As the announcer asked why was he calling up pitches when the wind was 30 mph blowing out...curious...btw, didnt the #1 hold them to 2 runs the next day? I bet you guys didnt know Barney actually cost them the 1/0 loss at ECU..he forgot to re-enter the catcher and when she caught the 3rd strike ECU head coach came out and showed the umpire which got the hitter 1 more pitch and she hit the game winning run in...what good coach forgets to re-enter his players...lmao....How do you explain..150 in hitting avg in the country..174 in doubles 200+ in homeruns...yeah that staff is good...what a joke..you better thank God for those 5 seniors you have..gonna be a long ass yr for Barney next yr...last time on this board with all you softball experts who probably never played or had a kid play d1..

Well, I guess we can call it a season now that this guy is back ...

We've finished either first of second in the conference in 4 of the last 6 six and in the year we finished 3rd we won the conference tourney. Never played D1 ball but I can evaluate a program's performance. Something which apparently doesn't come with having a softball playing child. See ya.

Reactions: loca2874 and TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT