ADVERTISEMENT

Softball

We've finished either first of second in the conference in 4 of the last 6 six and in the year we finished 3rd we won the conference tourney. Never played D1 ball but I can evaluate a program's performance. Something which apparently doesn't come with having a softball playing child. See ya.

Typical Tulsa fan..."we are great in the American"..when are you getting to a super? Address my comments..they are facts

I have coached softball and think Barney does a wonderful job. Is he perfect? No, but he is one of the best gets imo in the country. He is an above average recruiter (except for Softball dad's daughter or friend's daughter or whatever reason he was here for) and an above average coach. I would like to see him work on batting a little and better base running. Also, 3rd base playing the line vs playing the middle in the right situations.

Typical Tulsa fan..."we are great in the American"..when are you getting to a super? Address my comments..they are facts

I don't think anyone is satisfied with not winning a regional. However, the fact is that your bitching about what is arguably the most successful program going at TU along with possibly the best coach in the history of said program. Your posts reek of bitterness and have for quite some time.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I don't think anyone is satisfied with not winning a regional. However, the fact is that your bitching about what is arguably the most successful program going at TU along with possibly the best coach in the history of said program. Your posts reek of bitterness and have for quite some time.

Not bitter at all, I think the coach is a fantastic pitching coach on the technical side i.e. mechanics but not calling pitches like the other night calling inside rise balls with the wind at 30 out...I think the hitting coach is a nice person, very ethical but shouldn't be teaching hitting to 3rd graders and the stats over the last 4 yrs prove me out...There are other issues such as 9 players have either left or never showed up in the last 4 years...that is far too many for a small program..If someone had told you 50% of your football team left before graduation you would be panicking...In game coaching isnt good...like not re-entering the number 1 to shut the door...when you have the lead against the better team you must take the moment and win or lose with your best..btw, the error by the coach against ecu cost them a conference championship...They are good ppl with strong ethics and morals but they arent coaches that will take Tulsa to the next level..he has hit his ceiling...you lost 5 seniors with 2 being fairly elite players...next yr doesn't look good..

Please come back next May. I'm willing to bet we will once again finish in the top 2 of the conference and be on our way to another NCAA tourney appearance.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Too bad softballdad is clueless and makes it up as he goes along.

Didn't he make that same prediction for this year.

Without Watson, blah, blah, blah, it will be a long ass year.
(I guess he's not much of a recruiting analyst.)

Last edited:
Dont think I said anything about Emily leaving...I make it up..that's funny...they have recruited poorly recently....the 5 seniors have carried the offense this year...I can name the 9 players that have left...you guys never address the offensive stuff..why not? hard to refute facts I guess...

Didn't he make that same prediction for this year.

Without Watson, blah, blah, blah, it will be a long ass year.
(I guess he's not much of a recruiting analyst.)

Come on Gmoney refute 156 in hitting avg..150 doubles per game..180 hr per game...pathetic for a top 40 school

Come on Gmoney refute 156 in hitting avg..150 doubles per game..180 hr per game...pathetic for a top 40 school

NCAA stats show a .270BA which was third in the conference. Not terrific numbers but good enough along with a freshman pitcher to get is a top 30 RPI and a #2 seed in Stillwater. Again....TU’s top program currently. Yet, you’re bitching about it. Makes zero sense. What specifically occurred to create the animosity ?

NCAA stats show a .270BA which was third in the conference. Not terrific numbers but good enough along with a freshman pitcher to get is a top 30 RPI and a #2 seed in Stillwater. Again....TU’s top program currently. Yet, you’re bitching about it. Makes zero sense. What specifically occurred to create the animosity ?

No animosity, I think Tulsa can be another James Madison, Lafayette type softball school..the school has tons to sell...I think the staff is content where they are and not where they can be. ..Nationally they are a joke offensively as is the American conference

Interesting that you geniuses still comment on me..lol
You are a running butt of our humor. Always good for a laugh.

Yeah and you never commented on my remark over you saying it was going to be a long season this year. Now lo and behold we had some recruits show up and it was not a long year.

Teams have specialties similar to Syracuse/Michigan St./Cincinatti in basketball. I'll pay attention to your remarks as soon as we actually suck. Next year won't be that year.

Yeah and you never commented on my remark over you saying it was going to be a long season this year. Now lo and behold we had some recruits show up and it was not a long year.

Teams have specialties similar to Syracuse/Michigan St./Cincinatti in basketball. I'll pay attention to your remarks as soon as we actually suck. Next year won't be that year.

I dont think I said that..show me...who is going to replace Hollingsworth, Neal, Spell, Meinen and Stafford? Are you counting on freshmen? Or a transfer from Kansas that hit .250...You might want to look at the ba of the returning kids...you are a joke because you are a dumbass that knows zero about softball..so go ahead and laugh

Actually 3 seed in Stillwater

You had Delce and the seniors, the seniors are gone...is there a .300 hitter coming back? A career .270 hitter?...Pitcher having serious back surgery that may or may not be able to return from sadly...

Nationally they are a joke offensively as is the American conference
Now he's fanning the AAC falsely to make his point actually be a point. What will the joker come up with next...

You look at all the top teams out of conference we beat, what's your excuse for that.

Offense is not our strongest point but it is not nearly as much of a weak point as you are trying to grind into it. You post negative vibes for 101 posts, then compliment the coaches with backhanded compliments. We are fans of the program and of TU, how would you expect us to react. If you don't want to be ridiculed then come on here with positive and negative comments not, 99/1 negative. Done.

Now he's fanning the AAC falsely to make his point actually be a point. What will the joker come up with next...

You look at all the top teams out of conference we beat, what's your excuse for that.

Offense is not our strongest point but it is not nearly as much of a weak point as you are trying to grind into it. You post negative vibes for 101 posts, then compliment the coaches with backhanded compliments. We are fans of the program and of TU, how would you expect us to react. If you don't want to be ridiculed then come on here with positive and negative comments not 99/1 negative.

..150 in any stat offensively for a top 30 to 40 program is bad period...beat ole miss..beat osu..good wins no doubt..got hammered by LSU and Texas except 1 game by Delce...beat Ark twice..good wins..u wanna talk about losing to Bucknell..Missouri St...Northern Iowa and a few others...my point is the school has tons to sell and I think this staff minus the newest one is too content and simply incompetent in teaching hitting...Hollingsworth and Neal were top 100 type kids..hs All Americans...who did the hitting coach develop that wasnt already 2 really good hitters

Last edited:
What a blazing idiot you r, to think you can quote me on that last post, and feel like u r proving your point. Go away asswad.

There u got me to respond w/ 36 more words.

I have coached softball and think Barney does a wonderful job. Is he perfect? No, but he is one of the best gets imo in the country. He is an above average recruiter (except for Softball dad's daughter or friend's daughter or whatever reason he was here for) and an above average coach. I would like to see him work on batting a little and better base running. Also, 3rd base playing the line vs playing the middle in the right situations.

Recruiter? 9 players leaving in 4 years? Another really good player quits in the middle of this year...He makes huge blunders...not re-entering a player cost them the conference championship....not re-entering Delce probably cost them game 1 vs OSU..he is a above average pitching coach and poor game coach..throwing rise balls when the wind is 30 blowing out...even Cheri Kemp questioned that...

You know I really only reactivated my account so I could put him on ignore.

But sometimes.....

11 regionals
5 regional championship appearances.
7 of those regionals have been in Norman.
Dominant conference team in two different conferences.
Consistency is the mark of a strong coach.

Losing 2 kids a year in a partial scholarship sport with little reward for becoming a pro really isn't that surprising.

You like negative numbers when it comes to Tulsa and negative predictions. None of which have proven to change the outcome, a high level softball team making tourneys.

Nothing requires you come here to comment, but reality demands that we discard and generally dismiss your obviously biased and incorrect opinions. In short you've become the softball dad who cried wolf. We get it you don't like the coach. You don't like his philosophy or his style.

We like his wins. This team will be competitive next year for like the 15th or 16th year in a row , again a team looking to advance to super regionals, and being realistic with such strong young pitching the future looks very bright for the next two, three years.

Be sad, be happy, enjoy it or don't most of the people reading along on this board will back the Ladies win or lose and when necessary demand they get the support they need to succeed. You are welcome to go back to where ever.

Reactions: TU_BLA and rusty-c
You know I really only reactivated my account so I could put him on ignore.

But sometimes.....

11 regionals
5 regional championship appearances.
7 of those regionals have been in Norman.
Dominant conference team in two different conferences.
Consistency is the mark of a strong coach.

Losing 2 kids a year in a partial scholarship sport with little reward for becoming a pro really isn't that surprising.

You like negative numbers when it comes to Tulsa and negative predictions. None of which have proven to change the outcome, a high level softball team making tourneys.

Nothing requires you come here to comment, but reality demands that we discard and generally dismiss your obviously biased and incorrect opinions. In short you've become the softball dad who cried wolf. We get it you don't like the coach. You don't like his philosophy or his style.

We like his wins. This team will be competitive next year for like the 15th or 16th year in a row , again a team looking to advance to super regionals, and being realistic with such strong young pitching the future looks very bright for the next two, three years.

Be sad, be happy, enjoy it or don't most of the people reading along on this board will back the Ladies win or lose and when necessary demand they get the support they need to succeed. You are welcome to go back to where ever.

You like staying where you are at..perennial regional visitors and thats it...that is why Tulsa is Tulsa and others go further...great explanation...

You like staying where you are at..perennial regional visitors and thats it...that is why Tulsa is Tulsa and others go further...great explanation...

I like winning.

I like building a program.

Consistent success is how that happens.

See you next season when we are hosting and you're back for the fourth time in a row playing chicken little, telling us how the next year will be the one the sky falls.

You like being grumpy, so have a nice day.

I like winning.

I like building a program.

Consistent success is how that happens.

See you next season when we are hosting and you're back for the fourth time in a row playing chicken little, telling us how the next year will be the one the sky falls.

You like being grumpy, so have a nice day.

Hope I'm wrong..btw, there are changes Tulsa would have to make facility wise to host...really think you misinterpret what I say...I hope the best for the school and program..I think the softball program could be the top mid-major in the country..we just disagree if Bargfeldt is the person to get there...good discussion with you unlike some others..have a great day!!

Hope I'm wrong..btw, there are changes Tulsa would have to make facility wise to host...really think you misinterpret what I say...I hope the best for the school and program..I think the softball program could be the top mid-major in the country..we just disagree if Bargfeldt is the person to get there...good discussion with you unlike some others..have a great day!!

I think you know exactly what you are doing. You have been confronted on here before. You're obviously not a fan. We don't mind people following the school who aren't directly connected to it (the way you aren't) we do mind when someone runs down a successful coach who ESPN just spent several days heaping praise on.

Tulsa fans tend to be pretty smart, they know a winner when they see one and success when it happens.

Take your backhanded compliment of midmajor with you back to Arkansas or whatever P5 team you root for, this leage puts 3-4 of 8 teams in the NCAA's regularly and that won't be changing.

I have looked and can't find the requirements to host for softball (I know they exist for baseball), but I doubt many modifications would be necessary to a pretty good facility that has hosted conference tourneys if their are ones.

I think you know exactly what you are doing. You have been confronted on here before. You're obviously not a fan. We don't mind people following the school who aren't directly connected to it (the way you aren't) we do mind when someone runs down a successful coach who ESPN just spent several days heaping praise on.

Tulsa fans tend to be pretty smart, they know a winner when they see one and success when it happens.

Take your backhanded compliment of midmajor with you back to Arkansas or whatever P5 team you root for, this leage puts 3-4 of 8 teams in the NCAA's regularly and that won't be changing.

I have looked and can't find the requirements to host for softball (I know they exist for baseball), but I doubt many modifications would be necessary to a pretty good facility that has hosted conference tourneys if their are ones.

There are requirements...bathrooms for players only..seating requirements..keep looking....I have been consistent on this board for 4 years saying Tulsa should be as good as UL and other mid-majors...

Last edited:

Btw, Bargfeldt has built a program no doubt...is he the person to win a regional...imo..nope

Last edited:
There are requirements...bathrooms for players only..seating requirements..keep looking....I have been consistent on this board for 4 years saying Tulsa should be as good as UL and other mid-majors...

I wasn't doubting you which is why I mentioned the baseball one, but I have tried several different searches and even skimmed some pdf NCAA releases and can't find it. Our seating should be fine. I would think team facilities was be the only one we don't match but it would depend on the exact rules.

Btw, Bargfeldt has built a program no doubt...is he the person to win a regional...imo..nope

0/10

Repetitive with the same insults and an irrelevant opinion.

Gonna have to take a hard pass, but we'll call you if we get bored with all the winning.

0/10

Repetitive with the same insults and an irrelevant opinion.

Gonna have to take a hard pass, but we'll call you if we get bored with all the winning.

No insults it's a difference of opinion...why not argue the facts instead of personal attacks? I have heard most say he has been successful in the American and that's true but the question is why hasnt he won a regional..he had generational players like Creger and Barrett...question for you, do you think it was wise not to bring in Delce in the 6th in game 1 to close the door? Do you think its acceptable not to re-enter a player and cost a team a game?

I wasn't doubting you which is why I mentioned the baseball one, but I have tried several different searches and even skimmed some pdf NCAA releases and can't find it. Our seating should be fine. I would think team facilities was be the only one we don't match but it would depend on the exact rules.

PROSPECTIVE HOSTS – FACILITY REQUIREMENTS

1. Field dimensions: The distance of the outfield fences shall not exceed 235 feet. Outfield fences shall be a minimum of 190 feet in left and right fields (200 preferred). If a portable fence is used, it must be placed at a distance of 200 feet in left and right fields, and 220 feet in center field. All portable fencing must be secured so as to prevent balls from rolling under. The outfield fence is required to be a minimum of four feet but highly recommended to be a minimum of six feet. Please see the 2018 and 2019 NCAA Softball Rules Book for future requirements.

2. Backstop, sideline and outfield fences must enclose the playing field.

3. The infield must be skinned; the outfield must be natural grass or grass-like synthetic surfaces.

4. There must be a minimum of 25 feet and a maximum of 30 feet from home plate to the backstop.

5. The facility must be enclosed in order to charge admission, with minimum seating capacity of 500 unobstructed-view seats.

6. Concessions and an athletic training facility must be available on site. If permanent facilities are not available, tents may be used to meet this requirement.

7. Restroom facilities must be available, readily accessible and reserved exclusively for student-athletes and team personnel during the course of the game (e.g., permanent restrooms). Adequate restrooms at the facility also must be made available for the spectators. Student-athletes must have access to permanent restroom (private and team-useonly) facilities.

8. An electronic scoreboard, public address system (including backup, if possible).

9. A warmup area must be provided for the two non-playing teams. Minimally, designated restricted areas for throwing and stretching only must be provided to teams in the immediate proximity to the playing field.

10. On-site parking must be provided for teams, tournament personnel and umpires.

11. A covered interview area must be provided separate from spectator and hospitality areas.

12. A tarp must be available for inclement weather.

13. Dugouts must be covered and enclosed from spectators.

14. Internet access must be available for use at press row (radio, internet, phone, fax).

15. Press box: Institutions are required to have minimally a three-sided, covered press box with internet access and telephone.

16. Two separate bullpen areas of comparable composition to the competition field (dirt is preferred) and distance from dugouts must be provided. Bullpens must be separated from the spectator access area. Dirt bullpens are required at the Women’s College World Series.

17. A full complement of grounds crew personnel must be on site at all times during practice and competition.

18. Umpire facilities: A private dressing area (to accommodate both males and females) must be provided. Portable locker rooms, recreation vehicles, etc., may be used; however, a tent does not fulfill this requirement.

19. In order to host preliminary rounds, a lighted facility is required. (Minimum lighting requirement for television is 125 footcandles).

20. Hosts must provide, in the participant manual, a list of equipment available to all teams (i.e., screens, pitching machines, etc.) and a list of indoor facilities.

21. Videotaping: All team camera locations will be located in the center field area and be unmanned. The site representative or a designee will check them periodically to ensure they are operational. The host will provide three-foot-high platforms in both right- and left-center fields approximately 20 feet from center field. Teams that do not comply with these policies will forfeit all video footage. (See camera protocol on page 31 for specifications.)

Reactions: TU4ever2
No insults it's a difference of opinion...why not argue the facts instead of personal attacks? I have heard most say he has been successful in the American and that's true but the question is why hasnt he won a regional..he had generational players like Creger and Barrett...question for you, do you think it was wise not to bring in Delce in the 6th in game 1 to close the door? Do you think its acceptable not to re-enter a player and cost a team a game?

Again you know exactly what you are doing.....

As far as your question.

Do you think it's a good idea to get rid of a coach because a "fan" not associated with the school dislikes his strategies?

You are talking about pennies and I'm talking about dollars. I'm not firing anyone over individual situations when their overall body of work is progressive and on going.

In this case, considering his season long decisions on pitching, he is being consistent. Particularly when taking into account his concern over Delce's high use rate through high school and expected need for her later in the region.

Of course I think the 80s Cardinals playing small ball would destroy most modern MLB teams because they produce runs from nothing.

It's just a different way of doing things it is not by necessity better or worse.

Again you know exactly what you are doing.....

As far as your question.

Do you think it's a good idea to get rid of a coach because a "fan" not associated with the school dislikes his strategies?

You are talking about pennies and I'm talking about dollars. I'm not firing anyone over individual situations when their overall body of work is progressive and on going.

In this case, considering his season long decisions on pitching, he is being consistent. Particularly when taking into account his concern over Delce's high use rate through high school and expected need for her later in the region.

Of course I think the 80s Cardinals playing small ball would destroy most modern MLB teams because they produce runs from nothing.

It's just a different way of doing things it is not by necessity better or worse.

Tulsa needed 6 outs probably to win the regional...I think he really needs to change hitting coaches and many things would be better...I do get he has to manage with the expectation that his pitchers have to be damn near perfect....Only 2 consistently good hitters this yr makes it tough..

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty sure we got all of that covered.

Bullpen for the visitor has to change, I understand the American is making them change that soon anyway....OSU had to bring in porta-potties...I'm not sure how the NCAA would view no seats...yes, I agree most could be overcome...I do believe it's in Tulsa long term vision to have seats, new press box and concessions

Dear God, when is enough enough? Post 237 was to be the promised end to our suffering. This is 275+ and there appears to be no end in sight. Ban the the poster, though he’s done nothing to be banned? Otherwise, we’re simply going to need to stop taking the bait. It’s pretty obvious where he stands and no amount of argument, be it reasonable or not, is going to change anyone on this boards mind. I really would like to go back to discussing the positive and the the future.

Dear God, when is enough enough? Post 237 was to be the promised end to our suffering. This is 275+ and there appears to be no end in sight. Ban the the poster, though he’s done nothing to be banned? Otherwise, we’re simply going to need to stop taking the bait. It’s pretty obvious where he stands and no amount of argument, be it reasonable or not, is going to change anyone on this boards mind. I really would like to go back to discussing the positive and the the future.

I got the stuff I needed (softball hosting requirements) I'm good.

We seat over a 1000. Pretty sure our other stuff is good. Other than the bullpen as pointed out.

Reactions: rusty-c
I got the stuff I needed (softball hosting requirements) I'm good.

We seat over a 1000. Pretty sure our other stuff is good. Other than the bullpen as pointed out.
I wonder how much of the locker room facilities are shared with the tennis facility?

I wonder how much of the locker room facilities are shared with the tennis facility?

The visitors may, but pretty sure all the softball stuff for Tulsa is in the right field building.

Not sure the restrooms in the Case would work for team bathrooms. Porta potties will work though. The NCAA is a bit bendable, kind of like a cop, do I pull you over for +5 miles speeding or does it need to be +7.

I think its workable to host with out too much trouble. But as someone else pointed out it will require some commitments from the school.

Hosting and a super regional are the next steps for the program though. Many schools have made softball a viable revenue sport. Tulsa sits in a good place to do that if given the right care and continuing success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT