ADVERTISEMENT

Softball

6-0 today for a 3 game sweep of UCF. Big clutch series and will go a long way towards a regular season title.

Need to follow it up with one of WSU then we'll really be cooking.

Good job by this team of being focused and taking the right attitude into each game. They stay with that and they can really go far.

Reactions: TUcandoit
6-0 today for a 3 game sweep of UCF. Big clutch series and will go a long way towards a regular season title.
Yeah, Wichita iz the key. UConn and Memphis are probably sweeps for both of us. We gotta sweep Wichita St. at home, and hope USF loses one to them on the road to tie. Then we win the conference on a tie-breaker. That loss to ECU put us in a bad position.

#22 in the RPI per the latest release today. 3 spots higher than USF.

That should be high enough to keep them out of Norman. OSU is currently #17. I could see TU ending up in a Stillwater regional if OSU stays hot.

That should be high enough to keep them out of Norman. OSU is currently #17. I could see TU ending up in a Stillwater regional if OSU stays hot.
Or Arkansas. Not sure where they are in this mix. Or Texas. I think staying away from OU is paramount to our chances to getting to weekend #2. The Sooners are a freaking machine under Patti Gasso. They're the Alabama of college softball.

Reactions: TU4ever2
Interesting how you guys were pessimists at the beginning of the year and now you are sizing up regionals ...

Friendly reminder tomorrow game will be shown on ESPNU so the nation will get to see the girls shine.

Crush them ladies! Keep up the hard work and building that momentum!

Interesting how you guys were pessimists at the beginning of the year and now you are sizing up regionals ...
I don't think many of us were. They started slow, sure but I think everyone could see that Bargfeldt seems to reload every single year with some really good players. The only person on here who was consistently negative is SoftballDad and apparently he had an ax to grind with Bargfeldt.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I don't think many of us were. They started slow, sure but I think everyone could see that Bargfeldt seems to reload every single year with some really good players. The only person on here who was consistently negative is SoftballDad and apparently he had an ax to grind with Bargfeldt.
It was more a comment about how the team was viewed as weak without Watson. Nice to have a sport where we reload not rebuild. Mac, McNamara and even Nolan struggled to do that.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Friendly reminder tomorrow game will be shown on ESPNU so the nation will get to see the girls shine.

Crush them ladies! Keep up the hard work and building that momentum!

Girls looked flat tonight. Lose 4-0. Need to win the next two.

Oh well. In all likelihood no conference crown. Still lots to fight for.

Tulsa wins on senior day 3-1 takes the series 2-1.

Keep it up girls, finish strong!

Reactions: TU1NNJ
USF has to lose 2 of 3 against Wichita St and we have to sweep UConn. There is still a chance at the crown. WSU is no slouch and could very well take 2.

#24 now in the RPI. Looks like OSU will get a regional. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us in Stillwater.

USF has to lose 2 of 3 against Wichita St and we have to sweep UConn. There is still a chance at the crown. WSU is no slouch and could very well take 2.
UCONN isn't very good and we seem to have handled them since joining the AAC. Is the USF/WSU series in Tampa or Wichita? WSU is pretty good and hasn't been a good matchup for us the last couple of seasons for whatever reason. Again, Bargfedlt has been throwing everyone in the circle each series and hasn't over worked Pochop or Delce. And this team is young overall in the circle. Pochop is a Soph and Delce is a FR and I think the other P he uses to start a lot is also a FR. Future is bright.

UCONN isn't very good and we seem to have handled them since joining the AAC. Is the USF/WSU series in Tampa or Wichita? WSU is pretty good and hasn't been a good matchup for us the last couple of seasons for whatever reason. Again, Bargfedlt has been throwing everyone in the circle each series and hasn't over worked Pochop or Delce. And this team is young overall in the circle. Pochop is a Soph and Delce is a FR and I think the other P he uses to start a lot is also a FR. Future is bright.
@ Wichita St.

There's a fighting wheatgrass' chance then

Wichita winning 2/3 would be best for everyone. Wichita needs a little help in the rpi, we want the title, sets up a lot of attention for the tourney with 5 likely top 50 teams and maybe 5 bids depending on who does what.

He will be able to let our two main starters dominate all post season. Can even stretch them by stealing an inning or two to close games with big leads and some other very capable arms.

I expect we will see nearly everybody vs UConn just to get everyone in the groove and the team tuned up to make a run. Pretty sure OSU doesn't want us in their regional.

Hosting is probably out of reach this year, but next year with the team pitching and how good the conference will be it's a real possibility.

Always nice to have a great year going and enjoy it while it happens knowing the next year could be special too.

Last edited:
Softball is on the upswing in my opinion. Which is quite an amazing thing since we have steadily been a good to great team. Now we are heading towards great to spectacular. It will be an exciting 2-3 years.

Reactions: TU4ever2 and TU_BLA
Softball is on the upswing in my opinion. Which is quite an amazing thing since we have steadily been a good to great team. Now we are heading towards great to spectacular. It will be an exciting 2-3 years.
Not if you ask SoftballDad

His input even outside his hate filled rants gave me gray hairs. He had a basic knowledge of the game but was so misguided with his stats and "expertise" it made my head spin. Hopefully, he moved onto an SEC school and is giving horrible advice there.

Last edited:
His input even outside his hate filled rants gave me gray hairs. He had a basic knowledge of the game but was so misguided with his stats and "expertise" it made my head spin. Hopefully, he moved onto an SEC school and is giving horrible advice there.
I doubt his girl moved up.

Looks like the storms are going to miss UConn. Game on!!!! We need to bring out the brooms this weekend!

Reactions: TU4ever2
Well, there that goes. Lost 4-3. Tried to make a run in the 6th but not enough to come back.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Well we matched USF in the loss column yesterday. Might of had a slim chance if we swept this series.

What dream world do you live in. Wichita St is not going to sweep USF. I am completely aware we own the tie breaker. Our small chance is 3 mil to 1. Essentially it's close enough to 0.

We just need to win ball games. Lose this series and we’re looking at an RPI in the upper 20s. That would be an invitation for the committee to place us in the Norman regional. We need to be in Stillwater.

What dream world do you live in. Wichita St is not going to sweep USF. I am completely aware we own the tie breaker. Our small chance is 3 mil to 1. Essentially it's close enough to 0.

Welll..... USF hasn't been exactly killing it, they have struggled with UConn on the road and ECU/Memphis at home. Wichita beat them last night and really could use the sweep to bolster their own NCAA credentials.

Tulsa takes care of business the next two games and let's see what happens.

If Wichita State wins tomorrow we will win the conference. Shockers win 10-0 today and we sweep the double header at UConn.

I wish it would be true, but I doubt it. USF will be extremely motivated tommorrow to pay back Wichita St and protect their lead over us. Too bad Wichita skunked them, will provide extra motivation tommorrow. We can always hope. Too bad we didn't sweep Uconn, then it would be a moot point.

Who thinks Wichita St is in the postseason with a 2-1 or 3-0 series with USF, or do you think they will have to rely on the tourney? I'm thinking they still gotta rely on the tourney.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rippin
Who thinks Wichita St is in the postseason with a 2-1 or 3-0 series with USF, or do you think they will have to rely on the tourney? I'm thinking they still gotta rely on the tourney.

They need to sweep or they need one in the tourney to be sure. Less than that and they are too borderline for my taste. I don't follow it close but anything over 50 or so puts you in danger. They'll be close.

Interesting to see who puts more teams in this year AAC softball or AAC baseball.

Girls just need to go play and get rolling for the tourney down in Houston. Still can do some damage for seeding with the conference being so strong. Looking like five top 50ish teams of eight.

Wichita State will need to win the tourney for the auto bid to make the field. AAC likely gets three in with an outside shot for UCF.

Wichita State will need to win the tourney for the auto bid to make the field. AAC likely gets three in with an outside shot for UCF.

Anyone inside the top 50 rpi has a very good shot at an at large. Last year Pitt was the highest left out at number 49 I believe.

A sweep of USF will put Wichita right at the cut off line. Currently UCF is just outside the top 50, both will have a good chance to be an at large. Five bids is very possible. This league stacks up very well in both baseball and basketball. It sent four last year in each and looks likely to repeat that this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT