ADVERTISEMENT

Softball

Took 2 of 3 from USF which was the preseason AAC favorite according to the tweet.

Where’s softballdad to rant about how Bargfeldt is the worst coach in the NCAA and how this team (not the last 4) will ever accomplish anything?
They are rollin'.

His girl probably transferred to Oheey Pueey or a JC/Div II team. At least I hope she did, cuz she seemed like a cancer with all the complaints softballdad made in her stead.

They are rollin'.

His girl probably transferred to Oheey Pueey or a JC/Div II team. At least I hope she did, cuz she seemed like a cancer with all the complaints softballdad made in her stead.

Addition by subtraction.

Conference may finish with more softball teams in the NCAA than baseball does.

Dead horse whack....I wish we had baseball in this league.

Good work by the ladies, keep it rolling.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Top rpi in conference right now, #22. May end up a five bid league for softball. Any chance Tulsa could host?

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Top rpi in conference right now, #22. May end up a five bid league for softball. Any chance Tulsa could host?
They’d have to get a lot higher to do that. I think they’d need an RPI of 10 or higher before the NCAA installed them as a top 16 seed.

They’d have to get a lot higher to do that. I think they’d need an RPI of 10 or higher before the NCAA installed them as a top 16 seed.

Probably true, but winning a four or five bid league would make a good arguement especially with some nice ooc wins.

Probably true, but winning a four or five bid league would make a good arguement especially with some nice ooc wins.
I agree. I think at best they can only lose 3-4 more games in the regular season and probably have to win a couple more of those mid-week games against the likes of OSU/OU/Arkansas.

I do like the depth of pitching right now with Pochop and Delce. Pochop is only a SO and Delce is a FR so conceivably TU is in a good place pitching-wise for the next 3-4 years.

I don't think we can handle OU. Like you said above, a lot of youth at pitching right now and OU has veteran hitters who I am afraid will dismantle them. With that said, give these pitchers 2 more years and they will not make the tiny mistakes that OU is probably going to take advantage of this week. We are not quite on the threshold of top 10 but we are definitely deserving of top 25. Give us a couple years and one real nice hitter and we can have that top 10 team. Our defense is solid, pitching will be solid, and hitting needs a tiny nudge.

Reactions: TU4ever2
They are rollin'.

Stopped by to see the resident clowns..yeah Tulsa playing well..except against elite teams where run rules are the norm...watched that OU game last night..the defense sure was good...the hitting well what can you say about a coaching staff that has a team constantly in the mid 100's in hitting avg...take care blind loyal followers

Stopped by to see the resident clowns..yeah Tulsa playing well..except against elite teams where run rules are the norm...watched that OU game last night..the defense sure was good...the hitting well what can you say about a coaching staff that has a team constantly in the mid 100's in hitting avg...take care blind loyal followers

#22 RPI is about all that needs to be said.

#22 RPI is about all that needs to be said.

21-10 real shame that Tulsa softball seems to play better as the season goes on lol. I wonder how this finishes? Softball dad crying in his beer seems to have already started, salty as a cracker right now isn't he?

Keep up the good work 'cane; you've turned a debby downer into a clown for our amusement well done!!

Where is your girl going to school now, still TU?

I don't think we can handle OU. Like you said above, a lot of youth at pitching right now and OU has veteran hitters who I am afraid will dismantle them. With that said, give these pitchers 2 more years and they will not make the tiny mistakes that OU is probably going to take advantage of this week. We are not quite on the threshold of top 10 but we are definitely deserving of top 25. Give us a couple years and one real nice hitter and we can have that top 10 team. Our defense is solid, pitching will be solid, and hitting needs a tiny nudge.
Not many teams handling OU this year. They have something like 4-5 games in a row with 4 HRs. That's crazy.

Me oh my, OU LSU, & Texas killed us with run rules involved. Those schools are ranked #2, #5, and #10.

All we could do was beat OSU, Arkansas. and Ole Miss, when the young team started heating up a little later into the season. That's #16,#20, & #22. That's saying we should probably be ranked somewhere in the 15-20 range.

And Mr. bozo trashes the team while he is calling us clowns . Rich!
He doesn't have a leg or an arm to stand on.

Once again, where is your girl going to school now?

Last edited:
Trashing the #22 team in the country and the best team in the AAC is beyond stupid. TU has a number of athletic teams and coaches which deserve criticism. Softball isn’t on that list.

Reactions: TULOYAL and TU_BLA
Trashing the #22 team in the country and the best team in the AAC is beyond stupid. TU has a number of athletic teams and coaches which deserve criticism. Softball isn’t on that list.
Which poll is most recognized in softball? ESPN, USA Today, Softball America?

Delce, is a beast. Just a freshman, she looks like she will be our go to pitcher. 2 straight games now shes taken a no hitter into the 6th.

Memphis on Sunday and Kansas should be in the bag. waiting with baited breath for the Houston series.

3 game sweep of Memphis. Madison Higley was in the circle.

I wonder if Bargfeldt starts throwing Pochop and Delce more in the more important series.

3 game sweep of Memphis. Madison Higley was in the circle.

I wonder if Bargfeldt starts throwing Pochop and Delce more in the more important series.

Nice to be able to mix and match. Also seems they have a couple who can step in for innings or even a game, just to keep everyone fresh.

Seems they are getting locked in all around. Hard work paying off.

Nice to be able to mix and match. Also seems they have a couple who can step in for innings or even a game, just to keep everyone fresh.

Seems they are getting locked in all around. Hard work paying off.
Yeah, I was surprised when I went back that Pochop didn't start any of the games this weekend. Delce on Friday, Scott on Saturday, and Higley on Sunday. Apparently Delce is a pretty good hitter as well as she was the DP for Saturday and Sunday. Her avg. is listed at .294.

If they take 2 of 3 over the weekend against Houston they will be set up nicely to win the regular season title and should be good for an NCAA berth. Again, I think they need to get to RPI #10 (maybe 11 or 12) if they want a seed and to host a regional the 1st weekend and avoid getting sent to Norman for what would seemingly be the 1000th year in a row.

Yeah, I was surprised when I went back that Pochop didn't start any of the games this weekend. Delce on Friday, Scott on Saturday, and Higley on Sunday. Apparently Delce is a pretty good hitter as well as she was the DP for Saturday and Sunday. Her avg. is listed at .294.

If they take 2 of 3 over the weekend against Houston they will be set up nicely to win the regular season title and should be good for an NCAA berth. Again, I think they need to get to RPI #10 (maybe 11 or 12) if they want a seed and to host a regional the 1st weekend and avoid getting sent to Norman for what would seemingly be the 1000th year in a row.
I wonder if the NCAA would even consider 2 regionals in a state that isn’t California, Florida or Texas?

TU finally has a bad game since maybe early March/late February? Kansas 7 Tulsa 4.

Too bad they couldn't take them at home after sweeping them in Kansas. Forget about it and move on.

BEAAAT HOUston!

Reactions: TU_BLA
Game against Houston is at 2pm and will be shown on American Digital Network (facebook).

Oh well, was hoping we could pull a sweep, but bases loaded with one out in the 6th for Houston was just too much to overcome. 2-1 against Houston is a really good result though. We're killing it in conference.

Houston 4-3.

Tulsa down 4-2 bottom of the seventh.
Pinch hit, strike out, double off the wall. Runners at 3rd and 2nd (pinch runner).
9th batter ground ball between first and second. 1 run in, runner advance to third, 2 outs.
Houston intentionally walks Tulsa home run hitter.

Tulsa batter next pitch dribbling grounder down first base line. Coog makes smart play, picks up ball and tags 1st for final out.

Tulsa wins series over all 2-1, loses final game 4-3 as offense stalls a little. Good ever by the girls with a little high drama to finish.

Tulsa wallops ECU for first two wins of the series. Pitchers combine for 7 scoreless innings in last game before three, one out, singles get the Pirates a win. Play at Oklahoma St Tuesday night, 6pm. Tight race for top spot between the girls and USF. Looking very much like a four bid league. WSU would need to go on a run for there to be five, lost a couple close ones our the conference would be really stacked.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
I lost at OSU, top 25 ranked team. 5-0. Hopefully they can get back on track with the conference games this weekend.

A little up and down the last 2 weeks. Wonder if the young players have hit the wall. I also wonder if Bargfeldt feels he has such depth at pitching he feels obligated to use everyone regularly. Seems to me that softball pitchers like to work as much as possible to keep that rhythm.

Win early, lose late in a series is usually a sign of youth. You beat a team two times in a row and you have an easy let down on the 3rd game.

A little up and down the last 2 weeks. Wonder if the young players have hit the wall. I also wonder if Bargfeldt feels he has such depth at pitching he feels obligated to use everyone regularly. Seems to me that softball pitchers like to work as much as possible to keep that rhythm.

I think he is just doing so for the middle stretch here to keep everyone focused and prevent the main two from feeling the grind in the home stretch. I wouldn't be surprised to see them become almost the exclusive duo here in the next week or two. Get into rythm headed for the conference tournament and really find the groove post season.

I think you may be right about the wall for our young players who have been key contributors this season. Seems more of the upperclassman are showing up lately.

The team is still steaming along though and having a very good year.

Opening game vs Wichita next weekend will be on ESPNU. Wichita has started playing better and is looking to keep up in the conference race.

Tulsa needs to sweep this weekend and next, put the pressure on USF and really separate themselves. 1/6 down, get it done ladies.

Looking for the series today. Went to Thursdays game but had to leave early because my dog freaks out in the rain. Missed the comeback but loved the effort the girls were putting in before I had to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Lowery
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT