ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis thread

Could you imagine being a Memphis BB fan?
What misery.
All that $$$ and cheating and yet... they still can't win crap.

Tubby winning the auto bid for High Pointe, Memphis staying home, and getting slapped by the NCAA rules is looking like some awesome karma coming down the road. Still no explanation for Miller suddenly bailing. My guess is some questions started getting uncomfortable. Suing the NCAA wasn't the best strategy if you really think about it.

Jackson is such a stud. He finishes at the rim so well. Can get to the rim at will. Why we dont do all this ball movement and cutting the entire game instead of jacking up 3s is beyond me.

Reactions: Original TULSAFAN
I hope Austin Richie gets a little tougher on defense as he has become our best offensive player. He has the body to really help there.

well I now believe when I melt early that is a good sign.
TU won with defense and just enough offense. The free throw shooting MUST improve
But this W offsets the L at home vs. WSU
Love beating this team. Can never forget their entitled fans at BOK waiving their plush tigers and beads and acting so pod to be playing here. Any win over Memphis is good. A win there is great.
Beat SW Christian. An upset here over UH in the next game and it is GAME ON.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Jackson is such a stud. He finishes at the rim so well. Can get to the rim at will. Why we dont do all this ball movement and cutting the entire game instead of jacking up 3s is beyond me.

We need someone to be able to hit the outside to open the floor for those cuts and drives. Early in the game they dropped in and walled up on both him and Rachal.

That's why Richie is important and why we need KES to play and shoot better and Haywood to figure it out. Just a second shooter will open the floor even more and the scoring droughts will really disappear.

Reactions: t-townpod and I.I.
I’ve tried this, it won’t hold more than 5 seconds before it’s out of sync again.
Yep, they move back and forth with the tv broadcast too much now. I listen ahead, and just deal with knowing what's gonna happen before I see it anymore. And while doing that I see several times in a tv broadcast when its almost live, as well as times when it's over a minute behind.

Use to they would stay behind something like 8 or 12 seconds and maintain that till the end of the broadcast. Not anymore.

Haywood sucks
How does he get 20 mpg to shoot 0/5 or 0/6 or whatever on bad shots and Shumate can’t buy minutes despite being an athletic mismatch for opponents? Is it just that Shumate isn’t a good enough perimeter defender?

The top post from the Memphis board:

"This team has way too much talent to be this bad.

Penny is pissing away talent maybe even worse than Pastner did.

Moussa Cisse: 5 Star, #10 recruit
Boogie Ellis: 4 star, #38 recruit
DJ Jeffries: 4 star, #52 recruit
Lester Quinones: 4 star, #58 recruit
Landers Nolley: out of HS, 4 star, # 67 recruit... one of the most highly sought after transfers in the country
Malcolm Dandridge: 4 star
Lance Thomas: 4 star
Damion Baugh: 4 star
Alex Lomax: 3 star
DeAndre Williams: one of the most highly sought after transfers in the country

This is not the roster of a team who loses to Western Kentucky, VCU, and bad Tulsa and Auburn teams. This is a Sweet 16 roster in the hands of a competent coach.

The Hardaway era is quickly turning into a dumpster fire of epic proportions. "

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT