ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis thread

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Announcers are at home and not paying attention.

Both teams sloppy. Memphis just has much better athletes.

Just awful basketball. 6 points in 10 minutes and one for 10 from the field. I blame all this bad shooting on that atrocious court. Truly one of the worst ever

“Tulsa doesn’t have as good a defensive rotation as last year “. No Kidd!ing !

Memphis just playing like an AAU game. But with 4 star players that may be enough.

I’m behind now as I had to pause the game to go see Jupiter and Saturn. I’ll catch up at half.

I guess this is what a game sounds like when the announcers don’t think one of the teams is competitive

Penny needs to either wear his mask appropriately or get rid of it. Ear hanging masks are pitiful.

KES is selfish
And not nearly as good as he thinks he is
And terrible free throwing
This is not a team that can beat a mediocre Memphis team on the road

A really bad half
But not as bad as WSU
Haith had no clue about how to meld this team and next year will be too late

KES is selfish
And not nearly as good as he thinks he is
And terrible free throwing
This is not a team that can beat a mediocre Memphis team on the road
KES did not even pass the ball once and shot a three with 20+ seconds left on the clock.

KES needs to sit right now his head isn't in the game.

We can't miss free throws. If we shot a decent amount a lot of these droughts wouldn't happen this year. If or until outside shooting shows up we can not shoot below 70% and not expect to struggle.

Our defense isn't quite there yet. I want to see a lineup of Idowu, Rachal, Richie, Jackson, Joiner. Probably our best offense line up and if we work that three quarters trap it should be pretty strong defensively.

other than the corner threes our defense hasn’t been that bad. Memphis had one shot clock violation and had to put up a half dozen shots at the buzzer. Unfortunately a lot of those late shots went in. I can’t express how bad this broadcast crew is. There might as well not be a game on because they’re just going to talk about random crap anyway.

We’re shooting 28%...7-25 Losing offensive rebound battle 10-3. We’re lucky to only be down 8.

other than the corner threes our defense hasn’t been that bad. Memphis had one shot clock violation and had to put up a half dozen shots at the buzzer. Unfortunately a lot of those late shots went in. I can’t express how bad this broadcast crew is. There might as well not be a game on because they’re just going to talk about random crap anyway.

We did get here about the 24 yr old player at Memphis over & over & over. Also, did you know Penny’s son plays for Memphis?

There is too much of a delay to listen to Bruce today even with my delay radio. These announcers occasionally look at their TV to describe the game. They barely have a program.

Use the ESPN app for video so you can pause it, and sync to Bruce on the internet broadcast or get the Tunein app feature that will synch it all up and keep it synced. I love it. I am never listening to ESPN broadcasters again.

Haywood is just off right now. Not sure what he is contributing right now.

KES is a good player, but he’s also a really selfish player
I don't see it. But perhaps he'll turn it on sooner than later. But so far... I watch Haywood and KES and say "I would NEVER offer either". Based on what I've seen so far. Never seen 'em play before this year.

Haywood is really struggling. Pastner was glad to let him go.

Use the ESPN app for video so you can pause it, and sync to Bruce on the internet broadcast or get the Tunein app feature that will synch it all up and keep it synced. I love it. I am never listening to ESPN broadcasters again.
Thanks!

Defense much better, KES looks better too, just making the easy play. Hopefully that will get him into the flow of the game.

Joiner has to get better control. The refs here everything and that's a dumb foul to get and is why he has to sit. I know Haith doesn't like to bust the freshman out on the road but William's would probably fill in well here to help stretch and cover our senior's poor decisions.

I guess I shouldn’t single out Haywood. So far Ugbah & Idowa are a combined 6 for 9.
The rest of the team is 3 for 23.

KES should have stepping to the three line right there he was 2ft to deep. Not a bad shot.

Free throws are hurting us bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT