ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Game Thread

Stupid to run him hurt. He should have stayed down. Coach should have been paying attention too.

And I hate hate hate giving up at the end. Hate it more than anything else I saw today. Sickening not to try the 4th and 5 down 15. That attitude makes me want to dump this coach more than anything. You fight to win whenever you have even a 1% chance.

How I felt watching the last two minutes of Houston.

I know someone asked if their was a fifth quarter quoting one of my posts. Here is how I look at it.

If you are within 14/15 points with 6 mins to go you are in the game. That's winnable. Do you win? Probably not but if you do it's just a good game not some sort of miracle.

If you are within 14/15 points with 2 + mins to go and the ball, you're in the game. Do you win? Probably not, but you can make it exciting and if you do pull it out people will remember it and it'll be a game people reference.

Both of those situations demand you play to win.

You always play till the end whatever the score is.

I don't see Monty doing this. That's why I have an issue with it.
Yes. It is hard for me to understand anyone who has played a competitive team sport, forget even a d1 coach, not AUTOMATICALLY TRYING TO WIN with even a sniff of a chance remaining.

Reactions: TU4ever2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT