ADVERTISEMENT

Official Charlotte game thread

I hate that call. Never make someone run 10 yards laterally just to gain one yard vertically. Send it up the middle!!!

Reactions: astonmartin708
The guy takes you down the field gives you a go ahead touchdown and then you let Braylon 3 and out Braxton go in and do what he does best.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Run around in the end zone and then step out of bounds? I mean, I have seen all kinds of head scratching calls this game.

Wilson does the same thing I hate that Monty did. When he needs 1 Yard, he runs out of the shotgun. It means that instead of having your tailback going downhill, every play you could possibly have has to first either A) Pause to assess the rush, or B) move horizontally like we did in the unsuccessful play we ran.

It's too slow with too little momentum for a fully run committed defense. I don't love under center most of the time, but for those short yardage situations you really need a short yardage package with a pro style snap.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Wilson does the same thing I hate that Monty did. When he needs 1 Yard, he runs out of the shotgun. It means that instead of having your tailback going downhill, every play you could possibly have has to first either A) Pause to assess the rush, or B) move horizontally like we did in the unsuccessful play we ran.

It's too slow with too little momentum for a fully run committed defense. I don't love under center most of the time, but for those short yardage situations you really need a short yardage package with a pro style snap.
I really don't know what to say to that. The freshman did okay under center, don't see why not going with that would have been better than what happened

Effing disgusting.

Glad I was medically unable to make it to homecoming for this fiasco.

Terrible play calling in "must-have" situations will be the difference in this game. A really bad 2 point conversion. A really bad 3rd down conversion.

Both on short yardage. Gross.

Defense had a chance and gave up a 40 second TD to a bad offensive team.

I think this is the last game I’m watching this year.

What a joke of a football program we are.

Congrats Biff.

CLT will eclipse us as a program in a few years.

At this point, bench Braxton and start the walk-on.... what do you have to lose?

Reactions: TU 1978
It’s sort of hilarious how bad our guys are in coverage. That was a slow TE that made Kanion Williams look lost

I really don't know what to say to that. The freshman did okay under center, don't see why not going with that would have been better than what happened
Heck, I would have even taken a snap out of the pistol. (I know that's not really Wilson's base offense, but it would have been better than what we ran)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT