ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Game Thread

Panic? No.

But this is a Paul Smith moment maybe . . A show me what you got kid type moment.

It's is definitely time to gamble.

The game is still in reach, but difficult. You have nothing to lose.

Toss the dice

Running the ball and milking clock on that possession....not really acceptable.

Yes espn this is Monty saying we lose.... he hasn't been calling it to win all game

Panic? No.

But this is a Paul Smith moment maybe . . A show me what you got kid type moment.

It's is definitely time to gamble.

The game is still in reach, but difficult. You have nothing to lose.

Toss the dice
Is there a 5th quarter now? Game is dead..

Another game where the commentators question the Tulsa coaching decisions (punt on 4th and 5). Sadly becoming a common occurrence

Reactions: TU4ever2
So, our HC is a micro manager, and he's bad at it. We had all the momentum. He tries to micro manage the offense and feeds the ball to an injured player, then somehow the whole thing falls apart. Our entire problem is coaching, specifically on the offensive side of the ball. I had hoped he could turn it around. That ain't happening, and we need someone who will stick around for about 4 winning seasons to replace this dud.

LoL. Now we call a timeout. 2 minutes to go, down by 2 scores.

So, our HC is a micro manager, and he's bad at it. We had all the momentum. He tries to micro manage the offense and feeds the ball to an injured player, then somehow the whole thing falls apart. Our entire problem is coaching, specifically on the offensive side of the ball. I had hoped he could turn it around. That ain't happening, and we need someone who will stick around for about 4 winning seasons to replace this dud.
Are you saying you don’t agree with run sweeps on the goal line or handing the ball off to injured players on 4th and short?

Skipper is definitely the best of the three QB’s, but with this coaching he’s still not going to be able to generate any offense.

Well, there were some improvements, we did play more to our strengths.

Boomer got lucky on some throws.

Stupid penalties were down but not gone.

Stupid play calls were down but not gone.

Losing both running backs hurts. Minus that I think we have a good shot at winning the game.

I agree that we should move President to a slash like role. Also makes for an easy wild cat quick play with him on the field to start. Might actually fool a team.

Our defense is pretty good but maybe not great Bunch is struggling and we have a hole or two with depth.

Better, not good.

Well, there were some improvements, we did play more to our strengths.

Boomer got lucky on some throws.

Stupid penalties were down but not gone.

Stupid play calls were down but not gone.

Losing both running backs hurts. Minus that I think we have a good shot at winning the game.

I agree that we should move President to a slash like role. Also makes for an easy wild cat quick play with him on the field to start. Might actually fool a team.

Our defense is pretty good but maybe not great Bunch is struggling and we have a hole or two with depth.

Better, not good.
Good post

Lost it when Taylor got injured. Can't function without a decent rb.
Stupid to run him hurt. He should have stayed down. Coach should have been paying attention too.

And I hate hate hate giving up at the end. Hate it more than anything else I saw today. Sickening not to try the 4th and 5 down 15. That attitude makes me want to dump this coach more than anything. You fight to win whenever you have even a 1% chance.

Stupid to run him hurt. He should have stayed down. Coach should have been paying attention too.

And I hate hate hate giving up at the end. Hate it more than anything else I saw today. Sickening not to try the 4th and 5 down 15. That attitude makes me want to dump this coach more than anything. You fight to win whenever you have even a 1% chance.

How I felt watching the last two minutes of Houston.

I know someone asked if their was a fifth quarter quoting one of my posts. Here is how I look at it.

If you are within 14/15 points with 6 mins to go you are in the game. That's winnable. Do you win? Probably not but if you do it's just a good game not some sort of miracle.

If you are within 14/15 points with 2 + mins to go and the ball, you're in the game. Do you win? Probably not, but you can make it exciting and if you do pull it out people will remember it and it'll be a game people reference.

Both of those situations demand you play to win.

You always play till the end whatever the score is.

I don't see Monty doing this. That's why I have an issue with it.

Reactions: drboobay
Montgomery needs to decide whether he wants to be a Head Coach or an Offensive Coordinator. He is failing miserably at trying to be both.

He's starting to remind me more and more of Keith Burns with each passing week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT