ADVERTISEMENT

Womens tournament. Tulsa game thread

Good season. It'll be tough losing Maya, Bittle and Lescay but if we can replace them with some size in the post we will be a top 4 team in the league next year.

We were out rebounded 50 to 20! ORB 25 to 5! Fouls TU 23 to UCF 10! UCF is a good team and was too much for us with their press, defense but most importantly their size. No complaining about the outcome but the over the back rebounding which knocked our ladies to the ground took this from a close game to a 15 point loss. We need some 6’2 to 6’4 players that can rebound and score inside.

Good season. It'll be tough losing Maya, Bittle and Lescay but if we can replace them with some size in the post we will be a top 4 team in the league next year.
I thought Lescay and Bittle were returning next year.

Bittle already announced she will be back next year.

Reactions: TU 1978
Like I said earlier we have a 6’3” ESPN top 100 player coming next year along with a 6’2”, 6’1”, 5’11” and 5’7”. I hope they are all good. I hope Lescay comes back

Yeah Lescay is a super senior
I thought so based on her reaction when she fouled out. It is always so emotional when you realize something that you have dedicated so much time and effort has ended. You could see that sentiment on her face and in the tears.

As someone stated here, Nelp is being considered at OSU. My vote goes to Doug Gottlieb. Lol.​

Next in line: Potential list of candidates to replace Littell​

• Chris Becker and Adam Engel, @ocollysports
  • Mar 7, 2022
OSU WBB vs. Texas Tech 022620-8850.jpg

OSU coach Jim Littell argues a call during the Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech women's basketball game on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at Gallagher-Iba Arena in Stillwater.
Adam Luther/O'Colly

Jim Littell is out as OSU women's basketball coach.
With the new opening and an immediate search underway, The O'Colly compiled a list of potential names to watch in the process.
Amaka Agugua-Hamilton (Missouri State head coach)

She’s widely tabbed as one of the best young up-and-coming coaches in the country. In her two full seasons in Springfield, she led the Lady Bears to two conference titles and a sweet sixteen appearance.

Angie Nelp (Tulsa head coach)
An Okie who has elevated TU’s program.

Tari Cummings (Baylor Assistant Coach and Recruiting Coordinator)
A former All-Big 12 Cowgirl is an upcoming coaching star, a homecoming could be in the cards.
Mark Kellogg (Stephen F. Austin head coach)
Mark Kellogg has never had a losing record. OSU has hired a coach from Stephen F. Austin before; it didn’t last long.
Katrina Merriweather (Memphis head coach)
A bright coach Katrina Merriweather led Wright State to two NCAA Tournament appearances in her tenure and is now at the reins of Memphis. She won the Horizon league three times in five years.
Amy Mallon (Drexel head coach)
It won’t be easy to pry Amy Mallon from Drexel made the NCAA Tournament in her first head coaching year and is 24-4 this season.
Erin Dickerson Davis (Wake Forest associate head coach)
She landed the highest ranked recruit in Wake Forest history since 2014, 2021 No. 60-ranked Raegyn Conley.
Erika Lambert (Abilene Christian associate head coach, recruiting coordinator)
Sometimes the best candidates aren’t the obvious ones. Abilene Christian has been on the rise, Erika Lambert is a big part why.
Lindy La Rocque (UNLV head coach)

As one of the youngest DI coaches she led one of the youngest squads to a second place finish in the Mountain West in her first year in 2020-21. She also won conference coach of the year.
Vernette Skeete (Texas A&M co-associate head coach)
Her career skyrocketed at Marquette, and she’s had a year to learn from legendary Gary Blair.
Billy Fennely (Iowa State assistant coach)
He assists his dad in Ames but could beat him as a Cowgirl coach.
Brooke Wycoff (Florida State associate head coach)
When Sue Semrau took a year off, Wycoff stepped in and led Florida State to the NCAA Tournament.
Dionnah Jackson-Durrett (Texas Associate head coach)
She’s a former Sooner but a dynamic recruiter.
Shannon LeBeauf (UCLA associate head coach)
Shannon LeBeauf has recruited more top 100 players in 11 years with the Bruins than OSU has in its history.
Kate Popovec (Northwestern associate head coach)
Kate Popovec could be the second defensive coordinator Oklahoma State has hired this year.
Doug Gottileb (Fox Sports)
He’s wanted an OSU basketball coaching gig before, here’s an opening.

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT