ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola game thread.

He’s a good dude deep down. He is very passionate but sometimes he’s a little too passionate in defending TU. I think it comes from so many folks trashing TU over the years and he’s just quick to defend. Don’t look at it any deeper than that.

To quote: “Cool story bro”.

Heff is a good sport and knows that we only clown on him because he makes it so easy to do so.

Reactions: dougheffking
To quote: “Cool story bro”.

Heff is a good sport and knows that we only clown on him because he makes it so easy to do so.
My wife tells me the same thing every day!

Nah, in reality GH2 is right. I'm so ready for TU to be back to the winner's circle I may get a little edgy at times when I shouldn't.

Reactions: drboobay
My wife tells me the same thing every day!

Nah, in reality GH2 is right. I'm so ready for TU to be back to the winner's circle I may get a little edgy at times when I shouldn't.

Just don’t expect the King of Queens jokes to end. Those are permanent.

I can’t believe it’s been over 6 years since you started that one.

Just don’t expect the King of Queens jokes to end. Those are permanent.

I can’t believe it’s been over 6 years since you started that one.
What's funny is...when I get ready for work each day and make my kids breakfast, what do you think I'm watching?

Damn right I get on peacock and watch old KOQ episodes! Even my wife rolls her eyes.

GH2 explaining his theory of how Dough King is not an a$$hole. I appreciate you defending your friend but sorry, I prefer Occum's razor, the simplest explanation for why someone is an a$$hole to everyone all the time is because that person is an a$$hole.

pepe_silvia_meme_banner.jpg
Fwiw I can assure you I call him a dbag more than anyone on this board hahaha

I can vouch for what gh2 is saying, he's a good dude just intense. Here is an actual pic I took at the last football game:
You guys are funny. You remind me of my wife nagging me to eat kale salad, "it tastes like a roadside weed and has the texture of sticks and leather and smells like sweaty gym socks, but deep down inside, it's really good for you!" Um, great, line it up, who wouldn't want some of that? You know, let's really have some fun, I'll eat kale salad while hanging out with Dough King!!!

Unfortunately there is not an ignore function for kale salad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Lowery
Yeah, I don't think so.

He is just someone whose Blue & Gold specs are so wide & heavy, that his face sometimes rubs it's chin on the ground due to gravity.
Yeah Nevada is the opposite of a troll, though I could probably get behind "he doesn't suffer fools gladly." Anyway, unlike other of the dignitaries under discussion, he actually makes intelligent and insightful posts.

Yeah Nevada is the opposite of a troll, though I could probably get behind "he doesn't suffer fools gladly." Anyway, unlike other of the dignitaries under discussion, he actually makes intelligent and insightful posts.
I can see why you thought I was talking about Nevada the way I responded, but I was actually talking about your other buddy 😂

Reactions: chito_and_leon
I can see why you thought I was talking about Nevada the way I responded, but I was actually talking about your other buddy 😂
I'm pretty sure that Chito was referring to his 'other' buddy. I had to read part of it a second time when I read Chito's response the first time, but I think you misread a slightly ambiguous post.

Oops, sorry! For a while i thought he was a bot, his posts are so devoid of content and random and unrelated to the posts he's responding to. Can I get a "Cool story bro"?!

• Haha
Reactions: TULSARISING
Oops, sorry! For a while i thought he was a bot, his posts are so devoid of content and random and unrelated to the posts he's responding to. Can I get a "Cool story bro"?!
As a public service, I used ChatGPT to help him out:

Chat: If your friend enjoys using humor as a response to critical comments and wants to vary his responses, he can explore other light-hearted or witty comebacks. Here are some alternatives that maintain a humorous tone:
  1. "Fascinating drama, amigo!"
  2. "Spicy critique, my friend!"
  3. "Oh, the suspense is killing me!"
  4. "Plot twist: I'm still not convinced."
  5. "What a rollercoaster of opinions!"
  6. "You've got a talent for storytelling!"
  7. "I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting for the sequel!"
  8. "That critique deserves an award!"
  9. "Bravo! You've got a way with words."
  10. "I'm taking notes for my next comedy routine!"
Remember that humor is subjective, and it's important to gauge the situation and the relationship dynamics to ensure that the response is well-received. If your friend and others find these responses amusing, it can contribute to a light-hearted and enjoyable exchange.

Last edited:
Here's ChatGPT's advice to me, I feel kinda guilty now.

It's important to approach situations like this with kindness and understanding. People have different communication styles and preferences, and what might seem simplistic to one person could be their way of expressing support. Instead of focusing on changing your friend's communication style, consider appreciating the positive intent behind their words.

Remember, the most important thing is to maintain a positive and supportive attitude in your interactions with others. Everyone has their unique way of expressing themselves, and diversity in communication styles is what makes relationships interesting and meaningful.

Reactions: TU_BLA

Me: I know a guy who is not very smart. He always says things like "cool story, bro" as a comeback to critical comments. He seems to think it is funny. What are other things he could say?

Chat: If your friend enjoys using humor as a response to critical comments and wants to vary his responses, he can explore other light-hearted or witty comebacks. Here are some alternatives that maintain a humorous tone:
  1. "Fascinating drama, amigo!"
  2. "Spicy critique, my friend!"
  3. "Oh, the suspense is killing me!"
  4. "Plot twist: I'm still not convinced."
  5. "What a rollercoaster of opinions!"
  6. "You've got a talent for storytelling!"
  7. "I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting for the sequel!"
  8. "That critique deserves an award!"
  9. "Bravo! You've got a way with words."
  10. "I'm taking notes for my next comedy routine!"
Remember that humor is subjective, and it's important to gauge the situation and the relationship dynamics to ensure that the response is well-received. If your friend and others find these responses amusing, it can contribute to a light-hearted and enjoyable exchange.

I’m surprised that “Bless Your Heart” didn’t make the list.

I'm pretty sure that Chito was referring to his 'other' buddy. I had to read part of it a second time when I read Chito's response the first time, but I think you misread a slightly ambiguous post.
The only buddy of Chito I know moved to Houston quite some time ago. I doubt he is on this board.

Oh and I dated someone who was very close to another friend of chito's. I had forgotten that until just this minute.

The other witty repartee? Not so interesting.

The only buddy of Chito I know moved to Houston quite some time ago. I doubt he is on this board.

Oh and I dated someone who was very close to another friend of chito's. I had forgotten that until just this minute.

The other witty repartee? Not so interesting.
Was my attempt to get dougheff riled.

Thought if he was as passionate about dolly, as he is about TU...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT