ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola game thread.

Shortened the bench. No Keita minutes. We look better with Garcia at the five.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
They missed that tip awhile ago, awful. They are laying back on three pt attempts too much.

Archie has a lot of upside potential. He needs to do ball handling drills to build up his skills there, but his shot is silky smooth.

I’m glad we’re hot from three tonight but we can’t count on that every game. We still need to cut down on turnovers and make possessions count. I wonder why Hall came in as 14 in the second half rather than 5?

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Is Keita hurt ? Even if he isn’t , I’m glad he isn’t playing , our rebounding improves with him not in there as well as a scoring threat inside

Reactions: TulsaAM
We're up 18 and I'm sour over bad decisions and quick shots and guys exposing the ball on the perimeter and turning it over. But I need to be positive in the fact that we're disrupting passing lanes, rebounding fairly well, hitting shots, etc.

Also, Hall may be good offensively but he looks lost in what he should be doing defensively. At least 3-4 plays he just loses his man completely watching the ball go round the perimeter. I can see why he isn't getting more minutes. He's a very good rebounder and he's an asset on the offensive end but he needs to play college level defense to earn more minutes.

Konkol needs to settle down with Archie. He makes a mistake putting up a 3 and runs to bench to pull him while Archie makes a great defensive play. You have to play that kid
Thought same thing. Pulled too quickly. He misses the 3 but then positively effects the game on a couple bang bang plays.

We're up 18 and I'm sour over bad decisions and quick shots and guys exposing the ball on the perimeter and turning it over. But I need to be positive in the fact that we're disrupting passing lanes, rebounding fairly well, hitting shots, etc.

Also, Hall may be good offensively but he looks lost in what he should be doing defensively. At least 3-4 plays he just loses his man completely watching the ball go round the perimeter. I can see why he isn't getting more minutes. He's a very good rebounder and he's an asset on the offensive end but he needs to play college level defense to earn more minutes.
I was saying the same thing a second ago to myself. then a nice run of stupid and it's 12 points with 3:27 to play

Our percentages from 2 and 3 have been about the same in both halves but free throw numbers are up this half.

Sorry, but that Williams kid is not good. Dumb.
He can play defense, but he's a bad PG.

Play Archie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loyola is a dirty team. Whatever they think they can get away with. They should have fouled out player(S) and haven't. While carlous fouls out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT