ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola game thread.

Konkol needs to settle down with Archie. He makes a mistake putting up a 3 and runs to bench to pull him while Archie makes a great defensive play. You have to play that kid

He just needs to talk him through it and let him move to the next play.

Reactions: t-townpod
Did no one else watch the ESPN+ broadcast? The 2-man team had a color guy named Alvin Williamson. I thought Pooh did a very fine job and hope he moves up the ESPN ladder quickly.

Did no one else watch the ESPN+ broadcast? The 2-man team had a color guy named Alvin Williamson. I thought Pooh did a very fine job and hope he moves up the ESPN ladder quickly.
Yeah, it is sort of off-putting that the 2 local Tulsa guys they get to do the ESPN+ broadcasts go way out of their way and over the top on praising the opponent trying to "be" impartial. Like, they really temper their praise for TU's players and plays and gush over the opponents when they do something well. It just seemed like that to me.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Quick analysis 1st half we played great offense and great defense.

2nd half offense was consistent, defense was lax, and ball handling got sloppy at the end.

This is all correctable and is somewhat expected by a young team that is in their first season of playing together.

As they grow as a team, these mistakes should become less frequent. Also. nice to see Willis playing and adjusting to his teammates.

The short white official needs to open up his own convenience store. After the shoplifters rob him blind, he might start paying attention to what is actually happening on the court!

• Haha
Reactions: TulsaAM
Quick analysis 1st half we played great offense and great defense.

2nd half offense was consistent, defense was lax, and ball handling got sloppy at the end.

This is all correctable and is somewhat expected by a young team that is in their first season of playing together.

As they grow as a team, these mistakes should become less frequent. Also. nice to see Willis playing and adjusting to his teammates.
All true.

But if you're Gold, who for some reason everyone on this board seems to worship for his TU basketball fandom, it was all terrible and he doesn't care anymore.

Fans like that need to find a new team.

Yeah, it is sort of off-putting that the 2 local Tulsa guys they get to do the ESPN+ broadcasts go way out of their way and over the top on praising the opponent trying to "be" impartial. Like, they really temper their praise for TU's players and plays and gush over the opponents when they do something well. It just seemed like that to me.
I don’t mind it. ESPN+ kind of does that with all of their streams. It makes a difference when you’re having to watch a stream as an away fan.

Like ORU announcers getting the opponents names wrong. Pooh does a great job.

Observations to add from last night. Archie got a few more minutes and continued his insane streak of efficiency on offense.

We missed far too many free throws

Also noted that McWright didn’t play.

I liked the shift that Konkol made to the rotations, it really allowed the offense to thrive. I thought Carlos Williams played a lot of good defense despite fouling out.

Cobe & PJ have both had prolonged quiet stretches the past few games. Wondering if the opponents are keying on them or if they are regressing to their mean.

Observations to add from last night. Archie got a few more minutes and continued his insane streak of efficiency on offense.

We missed far too many free throws

Also noted that McWright didn’t play.

I liked the shift that Konkol made to the rotations, it really allowed the offense to thrive. I thought Carlos Williams played a lot of good defense despite fouling out.

Cobe & PJ have both had prolonged quiet stretches the past few games. Wondering if the opponents are keying on them or if they are regressing to their mean.
I think Haggerty is getting keyed on more...and he's so young, so probably learning how to handle those types of situations.

Cobe seems to just be struggling to me.

Is Keita hurt ? Even if he isn’t , I’m glad he isn’t playing , our rebounding improves with him not in there as well as a scoring threat inside
Keita was carrying some sort of back brace/ kidney belt looking thing when he sat down. I'd guess he had some minor injury but if needed, he 'd strap on the belt and play.
It was a physical game, but fun to watch.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Pooh is doing pretty well. For a guy that hasn't done broadcasting very long, I give him props. I am pretty critical of announcers and TV people too. There are a ton of bad ones out there.

Tim Howard has been on television 10 years and he is still god awful. NBC sports still wants to thrust him upon America.

Pooh is doing pretty well. For a guy that hasn't done broadcasting very long, I give him props. I am pretty critical of announcers and TV people too. There are a ton of bad ones out there.

Tim Howard has been on television 10 years and he is still god awful. NBC sports still wants to thrust him upon America.
Agreed. Pooh is doing a great job, and I appreciate all his commentary. I also enjoy it when he gets on our players and explains what they are doing wrong; i.e., Matt Reed sometimes has slow feet on the defensive end guarding the post or when PJ and Kobe are taking reckless shots and rushing offensive sets.

They also hit 13.

Find a new team clown.
Uh, damnit Rivals, get rid of the "See ignored content" link! I will occasionally click it and invariably regret it.

Anywho:
a) it was a joke, obviously. You have problems. Don't know whether you're stupid or an a$$hole, or you're the personality equivalent of having the stomach flu with stuff coming out both ends at the same time but you have problems.
b) They hit 13 on 34 shots, or 38%, just slightly above their average of 35%. We hit 48% compared to our average of 32%. We had a good night shooting. Enjoy it. Sometimes they fall and sometimes they don't, but we're not shooting 48% 3PT the rest of the way out. My point was, these teams are a lot closer than the score suggests. I don't think that's being a bad TU fan but whatever. I'm never seeing ignored content again.

Doug Wojick and other excellent basketball coaches said you can look at the assist-to-turnover ratio and usually tell who won a basketball game. Our assist-to-turnover ratio has been terrible for years and years and years.

• Haha
Agreed. Pooh is doing a great job, and I appreciate all his commentary. I also enjoy it when he gets on our players and explains what they are doing wrong; i.e., Matt Reed sometimes has slow feet on the defensive end guarding the post or when PJ and Kobe are taking reckless shots and rushing offensive sets.
I think he did great - only thing I didn't like and it's only because Tulsa people would know what he meant and no one else watching the game would have a clue...He was talking about a 3 pointer that was deep. He shot that from "Sand Springs".

I think he did great - only thing I didn't like and it's only because Tulsa people would know what he meant and no one else watching the game would have a clue...He was talking about a 3 pointer that was deep. He shot that from "Sand Springs".
I think it’s interesting sometimes when commenters do that. You’ll hear OU commentators say stuff about brick town. It’s a common turn of phrase in sports “all the way from ________”

I think we need to take have an official thread that is like Redit or whatever stupid site where people post their story's and ask the public to determine AITAH... That way we can all be sure what were dealing with.

• Love
Reactions: cmullinsTU
They hit 13 on 34 shots, or 38%, just slightly above their average of 35%. We hit 48% compared to our average of 32%. We had a good night shooting. Enjoy it. Sometimes they fall and sometimes they don't, but we're not shooting 48% 3PT the rest of the way out.
Uhh... if Konkol was a consistently good coach we'd shoot like that the rest of the way out!!!111

I appreciated the joke, gave me a good giggle while in a meeting. My coworker thought I was laughing at them.

Uh, damnit Rivals, get rid of the "See ignored content" link! I will occasionally click it and invariably regret it.

Anywho:
a) it was a joke, obviously. You have problems. Don't know whether you're stupid or an a$$hole, or you're the personality equivalent of having the stomach flu with stuff coming out both ends at the same time but you have problems.
b) They hit 13 on 34 shots, or 38%, just slightly above their average of 35%. We hit 48% compared to our average of 32%. We had a good night shooting. Enjoy it. Sometimes they fall and sometimes they don't, but we're not shooting 48% 3PT the rest of the way out. My point was, these teams are a lot closer than the score suggests. I don't think that's being a bad TU fan but whatever. I'm never seeing ignored content again.
You just have to remember that there was a reason you punched that ignore button in the first place.

I keep thinking he is a troll 😂
Not going to lie , it would be nice if we shot that way all of the time though !
Yeah, I don't think so.

He is just someone whose Blue & Gold specs are so wide & heavy, that his face sometimes rubs it's chin on the ground due to gravity.

Anywho:

Go easy on Heff. Kevin James doesn’t have a local stop on his upcoming comedy tour and he’s probably just a little down.

BTW am I the only one who felt like last night was a big milestone, getting to 5 wins? I have serious baggage from last year. Get the next one and put last year behind us, it'll feel like we're playing with house money after that.
Yeah, the win total is one thing but the fact that we are clearly a much better overall team than last year is a huge psychological thing for fans. You can see how much bigger and athletic and driven and focused and more cohesive we are as a team. And the stats bear out we are statistically better than last year.

Go easy on Heff. Kevin James doesn’t have a local stop on his upcoming comedy tour and he’s probably just a little down.
He’s a good dude deep down. He is very passionate but sometimes he’s a little too passionate in defending TU. I think it comes from so many folks trashing TU over the years and he’s just quick to defend. Don’t look at it any deeper than that.

Just imagine this is him when you see a post and think wtf:

4dc3a72823efa5e0788bd8369093d7ce61-kevin-james.jpg

He’s a good dude deep down. He is very passionate but sometimes he’s a little too passionate in defending TU. I think it comes from so many folks trashing TU over the years and he’s just quick to defend. Don’t look at it any deeper than that.

Just imagine this is him when you see a post and think wtf:

GH2 explaining his theory of how Dough King is not an a$$hole. I appreciate you defending your friend but sorry, I prefer Occum's razor, the simplest explanation for why someone is an a$$hole to everyone all the time is because that person is an a$$hole.

pepe_silvia_meme_banner.jpg

Reactions: nevadanatural
GH2 explaining his theory of how Dough King is not an a$$hole. I appreciate you defending your friend but sorry, I prefer Occum's razor, the simplest explanation for why someone is an a$$hole to everyone all the time is because that person is an a$$hole.

pepe_silvia_meme_banner.jpg
You poor thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT