ADVERTISEMENT

JSU game thread

I would love to be able to be there but it’s a bit of a drive. I love that court show.

Hall has a lot of learning to do but I loved those rebound dunks.

Cobe finally hits one. If we can get the ball inside to Reed the young man can score. So much potential with this team.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I loved Archie checking their tiny PG. They couldn’t get any offense flowing.

I know he missed it , but loved that dunk attempt by Barnes , and he drew the foul

Defense was really good, rebounding was really good. The offense wasn't bad once we adjusted to their zone but the offense will look like it's bad if you don't hit easy shots.

We have to keep Archie next year. He got a talking to because he lost his man on that one possession but he has all the tools. He’s got speed, elusiveness, can jump and plays D with his feet like you’re supposed to. He has the potential to be a star.

I love this team! Even with the cold shooting, the fast breaks, active hands, and rebounding are fun to watch.

Those fast 4 points by Archie were awesome!

Also, our defense is doing great. We are making their best player, and one of the top scorers in the country, very uncomfortable. He has 0 pts at halftime after scoring 33 in their previous game and averaging 22.5 in 4 games.

The cold shooting is what it is. They're getting good looks, sometimes the ball just doesn't fall. Hopefully, this is out of their system against tougher teams.

Still I enjoyed that half of ball.

Mo needs to play a lot more aggressive , doesn’t seem to play really hard or have that much urgency to get a rebound

Carlous has to put that ball up. Archie with the great penetration and pass but that unnecessary pass from the open shooter cost us some points. He needs to have the confidence to put it up.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I was impressed with Hall tonight. He's definitely going to be a handful for any opponent. He is so quick and athletic and when you add the fact he's 6'9". He's a damn unicorn.

I'll say it again...this team plays hard, there doesn't seem to be this "I should be getting more minutes" mentality from anyone...yet. I love the depth and quality we get from players 8-10. Last year we had a ton of turnovers, many of which were caused by indifference among the players or lack of effort/care. This year's TOs have a different vibe. Frustrating still, sure but they are coming from a different place. We had at least 5 TOs I could count last night that came from the effort or over-exuberance of trying to make a play. A charge, a travel trying to get to the rim, poor execution on an entry pass. There was one point around the 8 minute mark in the 2nd half where I felt we were trying to force things and made a couple bad passes or dribbled into trouble. I'm sure Konkol will address that. But our defensive intensity and focus were excellent last night. I think Carlous WIlliams had a nice block near the end when he could have been like "Meh, we're up 16". There were a bunch of blocks and altered shots because of how quickly we close out shooters.

I will take this effort every day and if we lose a game playing this hard and intense, then we lose a game. Last year we lost games because players didn't care enough about the name across their chest so they didn't play with passion or effort. This group seems to be playing for that name and each other.

I loved Archie pressing their PG at mid court. Wasn’t letting them set up their offense.
Archie up in the chest of the dribbler is flashback to Elite Eight defense of Tony Heard and Eric Coley.. I'm glad more are seeing in Archie (Reed/Swanson) what I have been talking about.

Archie up in the chest of the dribbler is flashback to Elite Eight defense of Tony Heard and Eric Coley.. I'm glad more are seeing in Archie (Reed/Swanson) what I have been talking about.
He's so damn quick. My guess is when he's into the game, he might have a tendency to get out of control. But he is a lot of fun to watch. He's bigger than I thought too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT