ADVERTISEMENT

Womens tournament. Tulsa game thread

TU was too cheap to send our pep band to Dallas, so they are using a local hs band 🙄

Down by 12 after 1. We are just shooting threes and missing them. Not even trying to go down low while Wichita is getting the deuces.

This game is insane and unfortunately we do not seem to have any answers defensively

TU playing the last 3 minutes like their lives depend on it. 2 big stops and TU is basically outracing Wichita State to the other end of the court. WSU players looking like they're dragging right now and TU looks superiorly conditioned.

Reactions: TU 1978
The no-call on the Bittle rebound right before Wichita hit the 3 was brutal. Can't swallow your whistle there.

Maddie Biddle is probably my favorite player to watch on this team. She's what a coach would call a bulldog. And she can shoot. Lescay has been tremendous this game as well.

Reactions: TU1NNJ and TU 1978
Temira Poindexter with a monster 3 with 12 seconds left! WSU responds with a 3 with 1.7 left. TU needs to get the ball inbounds. WSU has no TO's left.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Well the good thing is they just played them so that game should still be fresh
So almost the entire margin of victory in that game was provided by a huge disparity in FTs. TU didn't shoot well overall, but pretty good from 3. Big rebound margin for UCF as well (+10, +10 OReb too). TU also had 20 TOs which is pretty uncharacteristic for this team. Hopefully they can calm down and play a little more poised tomorrow.

So almost the entire margin of victory in that game was provided by a huge disparity in FTs. TU didn't shoot well overall, but pretty good from 3. Big rebound margin for UCF as well (+10, +10 OReb too). TU also had 20 TOs which is pretty uncharacteristic for this team. Hopefully they can calm down and play a little more poised tomorrow.
They couldn’t hit water if they jumped into a lake in the first quarter. The second quarter was what got them back in the game

I like playing the first game.
1. get the jitters out.
2. Get the feel for the court

this is an advantage to a team that is a couple of plays from being top of the conference

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Rebecca Lescay had a great game. Timely shots, steals and passes. If she comes back with W Mayberry, Poindexter, Biddle, Crawford (underrated because of how good Poindexter is as a Freshmen) and the big from CA next year could be really good.

Missing a lot of class to go down all week. Especially with Spring break next week. Plus it's expensive and TU doesn't really like to spend that type of money for the band
Do we want to run a D1 athletics program or not? Every other school sent cheerleaders and their own band. Those are all lame excuses.

Do we want to run a D1 athletics program or not? Every other school sent cheerleaders and their own band. Those are all lame excuses.
I do know that they were having a very hard time finding enough band members who were willing to make the trip and miss that much class time.

I do know that they were having a very hard time finding enough band members who were willing to make the trip and miss that much class time.
Even lamer. But that’s what happens when you nickel and dime the band down to less than 100 members.

I changed this to the game thread for their whole tournament experience if they don’t win the conference tournament.

Can't figure out how we're supposed to grab a rebound when UCF crawls over our backs and knocks our player to the floor and we get called for the foul...

Reactions: TU1NNJ and loca2874
Well they need to work with what they got and get some rebounds to take away these second chances. Good thing we are hitting the long ball right now

Can't complain being down only 6 at the half when we're being outrebounded by 18.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT