ADVERTISEMENT

Official OSU Prediction Thread

Kinne was 2-5 for 13 yards and down 14-3 I believe when he left the game. Not sure why posters are saying he was having a great game. Thought the hit was very questionable fwiw. Never want to see anyone knocked out of the game.

It is extremely hard to pull an upset against a ranked team on their field, when they have the experienced senior QB & you are starting a new QB. I think our running game will be good, our defense will be more athletic & will improve as the season goes on. If this game was at the end of this season, I'd like our chances much better. (If this game was our opener last season, I'd predict a Tulsa win.)

As the opening game for our new QB, I have to pick OSU 37 TU 24

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
TBH i can't say I know about the stats , I just knew the score haha

TU gave up 31 points in the first half and the game was over from that point....and I got home around 3am. Look at TU's schedule that year. We played 4 top 10 teams. Probably the toughest TU schedule ever.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
TU gave up 31 points in the first half and the game was over from that point....and I got home around 3am. Look at TU's schedule that year. We played 4 top 10 teams. Probably the toughest TU schedule ever.
Yes, Boise state, OU, OSU, and Houston

I went to the Boise game. Thought it was the best game we played all year. Definately the best the defense played all year. Hated the blue turf but the Boise fans were fantastic.

I went to the Boise game. Thought it was the best game we played all year. Definately the best the defense played all year. Hated the blue turf but the Boise fans were fantastic.
I have kind of made it a tradition to go to at least one away game a year. This year, I'm going to Stillwater , SMU, and tulane

Reactions: okie_hunterfisher
Wooo Hoooo!

I really hope we have at least 1 good QB.
Super optimist, 21-21 halftime. 35-41 win.
Realist, 28-14 halftime. 42-24 loss.
Pessimist, 35-3 halftime. 55-10 loss.

I'll be ok with anything between optimist and realist.

Reactions: TULSARISING
You are missing the point. You said the offense doesn't work unless the long ball is successful and that simply isn't a factual statement. The long ball is a bonus and completing them has some residual benefits to the running game. But the offense is designed to work without the long ball. That is why they don't mind throwing deep if it is there. What you are trying to articulate is true for most conventional offenses, especially run-first offenses. It simply isn't true for the Baylor offense or the veer and shoot or whatever you want to call it.

I don't agree. Tulsa / Baylor / whoever will lose 10 times out of 10 when they don't complete the long ball. I've never seen any of Monty's teams win a game simply by running + playing the intermediate passing game with the bubble screens and slants that we run. The long ball has to be there. If not, the defense loads the box and is able to muddle some of the spacing that we utilize to give our shorter passing game room to work. That's kind of what Ohio State did last season.
The long ball is this offenses emergency route. It's the check down route but it's over the top. We completed plenty of them the last 2 years but that's because the defense gave it to us by creeping up cheating against the run. Huffy is exactly right. This year the added threat of an athletic QB who is willing to tuck and run when the edge collapses will hold the safeties even more opening the option deep route up even more. If you saw the 2-deep, Carter is listed in Keevan's slot. They're going to try to take advantage of his height and speed against slower LBs and safeties (now if they just add some glue to his hands). TU will be fine and gain yardage even if they don't have a pass further than 20 yes down the field.

Putting pressure on the OSU QB has to be at the top of the list of Tulsa's objectives going into the game tomorrow night. I would expect some pressure, he doesn't like playing in uncomfortable situations. Tulsa has a very solid defensive front with more speed at linebacker. Hope they do some Mason chasing.
Shindelar's freakish athleticism in the middle creates problems all over the place. Long arms and speed equal the ability to get through blocks into the backfield and disrupt passing lanes and take away inside running lanes. Brubaker is also a freak athlete on the DL and Jeremy Smith, if full speed, will create pressure as well. I think Young is banking on those guys being able to hold the line down and create pressure without the need to bring extra blitzers.

Shindelar's freakish athleticism in the middle creates problems all over the place. Long arms and speed equal the ability to get through blocks into the backfield and disrupt passing lanes and take away inside running lanes. Brubaker is also a freak athlete on the DL and Jeremy Smith, if full speed, will create pressure as well. I think Young is banking on those guys being able to hold the line down and create pressure without the need to bring extra blitzers.
This.... I think the TU defense is going to stun people tomorrow night

Shindelar already has 2 pick 6's. I wonder what the NCAA D1 record is for defensive linemen?

Wooo Hoooo!

I really hope we have at least 1 good QB.
Super optimist, 21-21 halftime. 35-41 win.
Realist, 28-14 halftime. 42-24 loss.
Pessimist, 35-3 halftime. 55-10 loss.

I'll be ok with anything between optimist and realist.
Slow down there, pessimist sounds more like suicidal. Y'all are a good team and Oklahoma State won't just bowl over you like that.

Why, because you want him back? He put together a better defense than you guys had last year.
Now that's where you're wrong, because OSU's defense only allowed 26.54 points per game last year. Tulsa allowed 29.8.

Now that's where you're wrong, because OSU's defense only allowed 26.54 points per game last year. Tulsa allowed 29.8.
Tulsa's pace offensively was faster than just about anyone in the country. We scored quickly. Meaning our opponents got more chances to score on us.

You guys keep forgetting that you are just a G5 program, playing in a G5 conference against predominantly G5 competion.

He's recycling already mentioned insulting issues, why not recycle insulting responses?

Cowboys favorite things to do, anal sex with sheepies is always a good go to. They even have a barn on campus for such activities. I hear they are thinking of starting a satellite school at the Tulsa fairgrounds.

Why, because you want him back? He put together a better defense than you guys had last year.

1) Lord no we don't want him back. His philosophy sucks against Big12 passing offenses.

2) On what metrics are you using to think Tulsa had a better defense than OSU last year? And please don't say Total Yards.

Since you guys are so responsive to stimuli, here's something I posted on one of our boards:

8) Let's talk wide receivers. Here's a list of TU's and OSU's returning receivers who have caught at least one pass in college football and their career production:

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/421/554/7554421.jpg

-First compare James Washington's total catches to that of the entire Tulsa receiving corps, then compare yards and TDs. OSU has ONE receiver with greater production that is more efficient than the entirety of what Tulsa brings to Stillwater next Thursday.

-Note that TU's entire corps has one fewer career TD than does Jalen McClesky!

-Note that TU's Hobbs would be fourth on OSU's team in career yardage and catches made.

-Note that Chris Lacy had more career receiving yards and touchdowns than TU's Louie and Johnson combined.

Since you guys are so responsive to stimuli, here's something I posted on one of our boards:

8) Let's talk wide receivers. Here's a list of TU's and OSU's returning receivers who have caught at least one pass in college football and their career production:

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/421/554/7554421.jpg

-First compare James Washington's total catches to that of the entire Tulsa receiving corps, then compare yards and TDs. OSU has ONE receiver with greater production that is more efficient than the entirety of what Tulsa brings to Stillwater next Thursday.

-Note that TU's entire corps has one fewer career TD than does Jalen McClesky!

-Note that TU's Hobbs would be fourth on OSU's team in career yardage and catches made.

-Note that Chris Lacy had more career receiving yards and touchdowns than TU's Louie and Johnson combined.
This is dumb. Hobbs is a much better receiver than you know as is Johnson. They'll get their catches now that our other 1000 yard guys are out of the picture.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT