ADVERTISEMENT

Official Temple Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
It's been a week off, timing could not have come at a better time. Will Brin be healed up?

It's fortunate we are playing Temple, not that juggernaut Navy team. We have had multiple defensive coordinators, some outstanding talent on the defensive side, yet we can't figure out their option game. Weird. Delaware holds them to 7 points, we were lucky to hold them to double digits.

Good thing Temple sucks worse than us. Doubtful we will see Red Dragon Temple Coog or whoever coming on here, talking trash.

Dr. Phil: 34
Bill Cosby: 28

Bonus Kendall: Tulsa Defense makes a random Temple player look like a Heisman finalist.

Last edited:
We play well when we are a featured game of the day.

There’s only two games on Friday. And the other is on CBSSN.

Chicken Fried Steak 44
Cheese Steak 10

Reactions: quincy101
TU - 38
TU - 24

Bonus: Brin passes for 350 yrds and 4 TDs, Freshman RB breaks a 70 yard run. We finish with 105 yards rushing.

Geno's... $13.00
Phat Phillys... $13.29

Also...

Tulsa ... 63
University not located between Austin and Waco..... 7

Reactions: HuffyCane
We play well when we are a featured game of the day.

There’s only two games on Friday. And the other is on CBSSN.

Chicken Fried Steak 44
Cheese Steak 10
Sorry, in this analogy I am taking the cheesesteak 7 days a week plus twice on Sunday. And the best cheesesteak in Philly isn't Geno's or Pat's. Go to the one in the station about 3 blocks up from Independence Square.

Sorry, in this analogy I am taking the cheesesteak 7 days a week plus twice on Sunday. And the best cheesesteak in Philly isn't Geno's or Pat's. Go to the one in the station about 3 blocks up from Independence Square.
Depends on what you are looking for and where.

Is it just you and you are on the south side and have cash and don’t mind standing on a cold sidewalk for 90 minutes and didn’t want to sit down and eat anyway? Then it’s Angelo’s and it ain’t even close. Portnoy called their pizza the second best in America but the cheesesteak has no peer. I’m not a big cheesesteak guy but it was Top 5 all time meals under $20 for me. Really really good. And I was skeptical then overwhelmed.

Sitting down with your Dad at the counter in the suburbs? It’s Dalessandro’s. By a mile.

Drunk with your brother at 2am while you sit on a park bench and discuss just how slutty your sister might actually be now that she’s gone through all of your friends? Joe’s or Larry’s.

On a date: it’s Max’s.

Want to actually taste the beef instead of chewing on nasty long slices of overcooked ribeye or slurpping down a sandwich with the steak chopped so much it’s almost liquid? Then you want Chubby’s which is outstanding. Sliced to the precise thickness then rough chopped by hand. Onions not too thick and cooked enough for just a hint of crunch - not soupy. Option for cherry peppers or long hots. Old school Italians in that place. Panzarotti and cannoli on the menu. Water Ice on offer.

A lot of people swear by the cheese steak at John’s Roast Pork.

I think it says a lot that the two best purveyors of said sandwich don’t even feature it on their menu: Angelo’s and John’s.

And you can throw them all in the nearest bin when you compare them to the CFS at Clanton’s in Vinita.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sbellini and TU_BLA

Is it just you and you are on the south side and have cash and don’t mind standing on a cold sidewalk for 90 minutes and didn’t want to sit down and eat anyway? Then it’s Angelo’s and it ain’t even close. Portnoy called their pizza the second best in America but the cheesesteak has no peer.

Sitting down with your Dad at the counter in the suburbs? It’s Dalessandro’s. By a mile.

Drunk with your brother at 2am while you sit on a park bench and discuss just how slutty your sister might actually be now that she’s gone through all of your friends? Joe’s or Larry’s.

Want to actually taste the beef instead of chewing on nasty long slices of overcooked ribeye or slurpping down a sandwich with the steak chopped so much it’s almost liquid? Then you want Chubby’s which is outstanding.

I think it says a lot that the two best purveyors of said sandwich don’t even feature it on their menu: Angelo’s and John’s.

And you can throw them all in the nearest bin when you compare them to the CFS at Clanton’s in Vinita.
Haven’t had Clanton’s CFS in years but it was always really good.
John’s roast pork in Philadelphia is really good.
Best PCS in Philadelphia was at the Four Season’s before it changed to whatever it is now. It should be the best because for $32 you would expect the best but they included fries.

All I am saying is we need to step up our PCS game here in Tulsa. Since I moved here from Ohio 20+ years ago I haven't found anything that was worth much. Everyone screams Phat Philly's butboth times I have gone it has been one of the most bland PSC I have had. Maybe bad luck and I need to try them again. Ours are always dry as well. I want juice dripping down my hand, give me some grease. I don't want my hoagie to need water just to wash it down.

Is it just you and you are on the south side and have cash and don’t mind standing on a cold sidewalk for 90 minutes and didn’t want to sit down and eat anyway? Then it’s Angelo’s and it ain’t even close. Portnoy called their pizza the second best in America but the cheesesteak has no peer. I’m not a big cheesesteak guy but it was Top 5 all time meals under $20 for me. Really really good. And I was skeptical then overwhelmed.

Want to actually taste the beef instead of chewing on nasty long slices of overcooked ribeye or slurpping down a sandwich with the steak chopped so much it’s almost liquid? Then you want Chubby’s which is outstanding. Sliced to the precise thickness then rough chopped by hand. Onions not too thick and cooked enough for just a hint of crunch - not soupy. Option for cherry peppers or long hots. Old school Italians in that place. Panzarotti and cannoli on the menu. Water Ice on offer.

Nice...I've only actually been to Philly a couple times and usually only for a day or two passing through to see some friends and family in the Bethlehem and Nazareth areas before heading to MA. Of course all you ever hear about is Pat's and Geno's so you go to check out the hype. We were in between tourist stops (Art Museum and Independence Sq) and needed a bite so we stopped into Reading Terminal Market where we found this steak. It's been so long I can't even remember the name...I just know it was way better than Pat's and Geno's. There's a funny Goldbergs episode about the best Philly in Philly and Barry insists its some place in Jersey near the shore. He and Murray spend the next 6 hours driving (and mostly lost) finding it.

Thanks for the head's up on those spots. Since my sister lives in Bethlehem we might make a Philly side trip at some point so it's always good to have some semi-local knowledge of the best places. I hate eating at chains when we're on vacation or away from home. Always look for the local places.

And I had no idea about the place in Vinita. Might have to stop there sometime.

Nice...I've only actually been to Philly a couple times and usually only for a day or two passing through to see some friends and family in the Bethlehem and Nazareth areas before heading to MA. Of course all you ever hear about is Pat's and Geno's so you go to check out the hype. We were in between tourist stops (Art Museum and Independence Sq) and needed a bite so we stopped into Reading Terminal Market where we found this steak. It's been so long I can't even remember the name...I just know it was way better than Pat's and Geno's. There's a funny Goldbergs episode about the best Philly in Philly and Barry insists its some place in Jersey near the shore. He and Murray spend the next 6 hours driving (and mostly lost) finding it.

Thanks for the head's up on those spots. Since my sister lives in Bethlehem we might make a Philly side trip at some point so it's always good to have some semi-local knowledge of the best places. I hate eating at chains when we're on vacation or away from home. Always look for the local places.

Hard to believe you haven’t heard of Clanton’s. Might be in the Top 10 most famous restaurants in northeast Oklahoma.

There’s a chicken fried steak thread over on the general board where @Gold* and I debate Clanton’s. He puts it a few notches below some other places. I agree there is better out there, but it is darn good. In my opinion the best in the state might be Murphy’s in Bartlesville but if you are there that isn’t what you are ordering.

Back on Temple, the weather could be a factor. Probably down in the forties with wind by kickoff. They haven’t seen those conditions yet this year.

Keep in mind that Clanton’s is normally closed on Saturday and Sunday. They just happened to be open a few weeks ago as the rodeo was in town.

Hard to believe you haven’t heard of Clanton’s. Might be in the Top 10 most famous restaurants in northeast Oklahoma.

There’s a chicken fried steak thread over on the general board where @Gold* and I debate Clanton’s. He puts it a few notches below some other places. I agree there is better out there, but it is darn good. In my opinion the best in the state might be Murphy’s in Bartlesville but if you are there that isn’t what you are ordering.

Back on Temple, the weather could be a factor. Probably down in the forties with wind by kickoff. They haven’t seen those conditions yet this year.
I'm not originally from OK and I don't think I've ever stopped in Vinita proper, just passed through on the turnpike. I've thought we do need to start taking day trips to some of these small town places and try some of their home cooking.

On the thread of decent cheesesteaks in Tulsa...steak stuffers is better than Phat Philly's...and Moonski's, which is a Daylight Donut shop over @ Pine and Lewis may be better than both of them. Place is always hopping at lunch time.

Steak stuffers is disqualified by reactionaries who run it and weird hours. It’s the square JJ’s.

Phat Philly’s is perfect. I don’t go there much anymore, but there is really no better late night, after bar option in the history of this town.

If you have time to go to the north Tulsa place, you have time to go to Clanton’s. I still think it’s meh. The Brook and Charleston’s have better chicken fry and I don’t think either is in the top 5. (Brook is borderline because they have a chicken fry sammich and that is righr

Atlas Grill is closed. That’s kind of sad. That part of downtown (my part) is really struggling.

Metro at MRM started doing Philly cheesesteaks instead of the Italian beef. I believe that is a mistake. Their Italian beef was damn fine for these parts. That, some fries, and a beer were a good combo on a cold night.

Also, the “square JJ’s” line is special and should me memorialized.

• Haha
Steak stuffers is disqualified by reactionaries who run it and weird hours. It’s the square JJ’s.

Phat Philly’s is perfect. I don’t go there much anymore, but there is really no better late night, after bar option in the history of this town.

If you have time to go to the north Tulsa place, you have time to go to Clanton’s. I still think it’s meh. The Brook and Charleston’s have better chicken fry and I don’t think either is in the top 5. (Brook is borderline because they have a chicken fry sammich and that is righr

Atlas Grill is closed. That’s kind of sad. That part of downtown (my part) is really struggling.

Metro at MRM started doing Philly cheesesteaks instead of the Italian beef. I believe that is a mistake. Their Italian beef was damn fine for these parts. That, some fries, and a beer were a good combo on a cold night.

Also, the “square JJ’s” line is special and should me memorialized.
I am not familiar with square JJ's. And my office is about a mile from Moonski's so it's an easy get to and grab to take back to the office. Vinita ain't close to anywhere I need to be.

BTW, The Pioneer Woman's CFS is really good. I've also made it at home and it's just as good.

Dinic’s Roast Pork in the Reading Terminal…Pat’s and Geno’s are places you try once to say you did it and then never go back…

All this talk of CFS makes me want to drive into town and get one at Tiffany's or Kendall's..

Dinic’s Roast Pork in the Reading Terminal…Pat’s and Geno’s are places you try once to say you did it and then never go back…
During the DNC in Philadelphia in 2016 they did features on Pat’s and Geno’s. Someone in the interview calculated that the amount of “whiz” that Geno’s put on their cheesesteaks per year would fill three Olympic size pools!

In most small Oklahoma towns there is a place that serves good CFS. The locals will usually give the the town Pizza Hut as a landmark guide reference on how to get there. “It’s 2 blocks past the Pizza Hut on the left”. It is the only reason most of these towns have a Pizza Hut.

Also since we are talking CFS - Cattlemen’s at the OKC stockyards is tough to beat.

Reactions: TU Pilot
For years my handle on a different message board and my email address was gravyoverall@______.com

Tell me more.

Barrister
Pioneer Woman is the most overrated place ever.

You don’t like to travel to Pawhuska to eat at TGIFriday’s?

It’s nice for that town. I go there for work a lot. After I either go to the burger place in Barnsdall, Mac’s in Skiatook, or Murphy’s. The only time I actually got something at Pioneer lady’s was the coffee shop. That’s a nice addition for up there though. It was so dead before. It’s a neat town to look at.

Not much to do other than go to Court. There’s a painted on script over the stairs: “$5.00 fine for spitting on the floor.” I’ve always thought the operative words were “on the floor.” You can spit on each other or the walls. But the county doesn’t budget to clean tobaccy off these here floors.

Somehow I always have a case there. And it’s always insane.

I am not familiar with square JJ's. And my office is about a mile from Moonski's so it's an easy get to and grab to take back to the office. Vinita ain't close to anywhere I need to be.

BTW, The Pioneer Woman's CFS is really good. I've also made it at home and it's just as good.

I dare you to tell JJ you’re square.

I hardly ever post on food-related threads, but for a CFS sandwich you can't beat Del Rancho, now mostly in OKC.

Del Rancho is excellent. It’s a shame it didn’t make it on 11th. There’s one in Tahlequah. That’s where I go when I go to court over there every year or two.

Tell me more.

Barrister

It’s nice for that town. I go there for work a lot. After I either go to the burger place in Barnsdall, Mac’s in Skiatook, or Murphy’s. The only time I actually got something at Pioneer lady’s was the coffee shop. That’s a nice addition for up there though. It was so dead before. It’s a neat town to look at.

Not much to do other than go to Court. There’s a painted on script over the stairs: “$5.00 fine for spitting on the floor.” I’ve always thought the operative words were “on the floor.” You can spit on each other or the walls. But the county doesn’t budget to clean tobaccy off these here floors.

I've been there twice. Once for a woman, and once for someone else's court date.

Tell me more.

Barrister

Andy’s in Barnsdall is a good one. Bigheart Pizza was also pretty good.

Oh man I miss a good CFS. Hell even a mediocre one. Up here in STL almost no restaurants know how to make good gravy. It ruins the CFS. They put wayyyy too much pepper in it and it’s usually runny like Thanksgiving turkey gravy.

• Wow
Oh man I miss a good CFS. Hell even a mediocre one. Up here in STL almost no restaurants know how to make good gravy. It ruins the CFS. They put wayyyy too much pepper in it and it’s usually runny like Thanksgiving turkey gravy.
You can never have too much pepper in a gravy but runny...that's a no go!

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Looking at the Temple stats I feel a little better about this game.

They average about 200 pass yards a game with 6 TDs and 6 int. They rush for less than 90 yards per game and 2.6 ypc. No rusher with more than 1 carry averages more than 3.7 yards per carry. Longest rush this year was 23 yards. Top 4 Receivers have ave of 10-15 yards per catch. They have only 2 catches over 50 yards and one more of 47. On defense they average over 3 sacks a game but have only 2 interceptions. They are minus 10 in turnover ratio. Most teams have ran the ball well against them (exception Lafayette) and some big passing yards by teams except UMass, Lafayette and Rutgers. Their kicking game is solid on FG 3-5, but one kicker is 3-3, the punter averages a little over 40 .

If we don’t win this one we will be hard pressed to find another win this year.

Looking at the Temple stats I feel a little better about this game.

They average about 200 pass yards a game with 6 TDs and 6 int. They rush for less than 90 yards per game and 2.6 ypc. No rusher with more than 1 carry averages more than 3.7 yards per carry. Longest rush this year was 23 yards. Top 4 Receivers have ave of 10-15 yards per catch. They have only 2 catches over 50 yards and one more of 47. On defense they average over 3 sacks a game but have only 2 interceptions. They are minus 10 in turnover ratio. Most teams have ran the ball well against them (exception Lafayette) and some big passing yards by teams except UMass, Lafayette and Rutgers. Their kicking game is solid on FG 3-5, but one kicker is 3-3, the punter averages a little over 40 .

If we don’t win this one we will be hard pressed to find another win this year.
He might even put Braxton in before Brin needs crutches to get off the field, if Brin shows any signs of hobble, wobble.

Reactions: TU 1978 and TU1NNJ
If Tulane wins out and so does Kansas State, Tulane will likely be the highest ranked G5 and with a quality win. Expect all kinds of officiating monkey business in that game.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Since we are once again mediocre, I am pulling for Tulane. Unlike Kitty and Cincy, I respect what Tulane has done.

Since we are once again mediocre, I am pulling for Tulane. Unlike Kitty and Cincy, I respect what Tulane has done.
You have to wonder if it’s Fool’s Gold. If it’s all Pratt. When he leaves will it be 2-10 all over again? He may be the best overall QB in the AAC this year when we look back ten years from now at his pro and college career.

Reactions: tulsahurricane0530
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT