ADVERTISEMENT

Official OSU Prediction Thread

Tulsa - 38

Boone Pickens D League NFL - 45

Bonus prediction, OSU hangs another championship banner after the win.

Why do so many OS”Fools” who graduate from the Ag Science Dept, die from drinking milk? Because the cows keep falling on them.

Why does it take 2 Cow”Dopes” to eat a Possum?
One to eat it, the other to watch the for cars

What’s the difference between Univ of Tulsa Fans & Cow”puke” fans
For Tulsa fans, Moosehead is a beer, for Stoolwater fans, its a misdemeanor

What do cow pies and cowgirls have in common?
The older they get the easier they are to pick up.

For Cow”Croak” fans to get in the stadium,
when that attendant asks them for their I.D.,
they show them their belt buckle

Of course, Cow”Broke” fans
--Have homes with wheels with cars that don’t
--Have nicer curtains in their truck than in their home
--Wear a O”Cut Rate” ball cap to formal occasions
--U refer to Fifth Grade as your senior year
--They spend more on their cars than on their education
--Their alcohol blood content is higher than their I.Q.
--Most have been married @ least 3 times, yet have the same in-laws

What do u get when u have the entire Cow”Chokes” f-ball team on the field?
An entire set of teeth

If Monty’s Boys can handle:
--Tobacco Spit stains & broken tooth picks all over the field,
--Deal with the outdoor plumbing mechanisms
--The urge to sample Free Spam, Squirrel, Fried Twinkies, Moon Pies, & Calf Fries
--All the Black Velvet Art work & left over Christmas Lights in the visitor locker room
--The “Say No to Crack” sign in the locker room to remind u to pull up ur pants
--The beer can collection in the shower stalls
--The Nascar Wall Clocks,

TU fans
Will dramatically raise the I.Q. level of those in attendance
Tulsa just might “Run” away with this one
Behind a Huge, Experienced, Offensive Line
IF Brewer, Brooks, Taylor, & Co. can go over 250 yrds rushing them “Blokes” might not get enough snaps

Alot of pressure on TU’s “D” backs
Get Rudolph rattled, He’ll float a few
But he’s smart & will adjust

Could B a pinball match
A High Scoring Affair
Last team w/ da’ Ball wins.

Run & Gun TU 56
Cow”Chokes” 48

56 pts by TU? I think you're over achieving in your assessment. I think 17-24is more in the realm of possibility given imo, that TU will run heavy and try and control clock. I don't see President/Skipper given "air it out" playcalls given their first start.

56 pts by TU? I think you're over achieving in your assessment. I think 17-24is more in the realm of possibility given imo, that TU will run heavy and try and control clock. I don't see President/Skipper given "air it out" playcalls given their first start.
Problem is, airing it out is the only way the offense works. It negates run support from the DB's and some of the LB's. If we don't keep the other team honest with long passes, our runs will get stuffed. Monty still preaches the balanced offense (mentioned it in his press conference). There will be air under the ball in this game.

Reactions: okie_hunterfisher
The offense is programmed to check to a deep pass on every play, regardless of down or distance based on perceived mismatches in the coverage shown by the defense pre-snap. The veer concepts that make the running game effective have almost nothing to do with the deep ball check. While it is true that an effective deep ball will keep the defense loose, and allow some creases and downfield blocking to open up, it really has nothing to do with how effective the running game is. Now, its a different story with the checks to the WR rub routes in the flat and bubble matchups. If those aren't working to keep the defense stretched out within five yards of the line of scrimmage, then you will have some numbers trouble in the box, some leverage issues within undersized and tackles and how that relates to the running game. But even if you do that, that means either the offense has a plus one advantage in the box which gives a rushing QB an edge or there is single coverage deep or shallow. Let the defense pick their poison. If they stack the box and key President, you kick it out quick to the flat. If that is stuffed or ineffective in one on one matchups because of superior speed or athleticism, then you play action a zone read and hit the Y on the shallow. he will have single coverage and no help. Get him the ball early and let him make something happen in space.

I don't see Tulsa scoring 56 either, but I would like to think they could reach mid 30s or low 40s

The offense is programmed to check to a deep pass on every play, regardless of down or distance based on perceived mismatches in the coverage shown by the defense pre-snap. The veer concepts that make the running game effective have almost nothing to do with the deep ball check. While it is true that an effective deep ball will keep the defense loose, and allow some creases and downfield blocking to open up, it really has nothing to do with how effective the running game is. Now, its a different story with the checks to the WR rub routes in the flat and bubble matchups. If those aren't working to keep the defense stretched out within five yards of the line of scrimmage, then you will have some numbers trouble in the box, some leverage issues within undersized and tackles and how that relates to the running game. But even if you do that, that means either the offense has a plus one advantage in the box which gives a rushing QB an edge or there is single coverage deep or shallow. Let the defense pick their poison. If they stack the box and key President, you kick it out quick to the flat. If that is stuffed or ineffective in one on one matchups because of superior speed or athleticism, then you play action a zone read and hit the Y on the shallow. he will have single coverage and no help. Get him the ball early and let him make something happen in space.

This is what I was saying. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of single coverage deep early on in the game as OSU stacks the box to stop our lauded running attack. Tulsa might complete a deep ball or two that really gashes those OSU cornerbacks (I'm looking for Johnson to pull one of those Keevan Lucas double-move-and-go patterns) and Gundy & Co. will be forced to double cover guys streaking downfield with their safeties instead of crashing the safeties down in run support. The problem occurs if our early deep passes are inaccurate or they have poor touch. In that case, OSU keeps stacking the box and we'll have a lot of trouble.

If our deep balls are well thrown, look for OSU to provide more help on the back end, and TU to open up the run game as the numbers game goes back into the favor of our mobile QB's and hard hitting lineman.

This is what I was saying. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of single coverage deep early on in the game as OSU stacks the box to stop our lauded running attack. Tulsa might complete a deep ball or two that really gashes those OSU cornerbacks (I'm looking for Johnson to pull one of those Keevan Lucas double-move-and-go patterns) and Gundy & Co. will be forced to double cover guys streaking downfield with their safeties instead of crashing the safeties down in run support. The problem occurs if our early deep passes are inaccurate or they have poor touch. In that case, OSU keeps stacking the box and we'll have a lot of trouble.

If our deep balls are well thrown, look for OSU to provide more help on the back end, and TU to open up the run game as the numbers game goes back into the favor of our mobile QB's and hard hitting lineman.
You are missing the point. You said the offense doesn't work unless the long ball is successful and that simply isn't a factual statement. The long ball is a bonus and completing them has some residual benefits to the running game. But the offense is designed to work without the long ball. That is why they don't mind throwing deep if it is there. What you are trying to articulate is true for most conventional offenses, especially run-first offenses. It simply isn't true for the Baylor offense or the veer and shoot or whatever you want to call it.

You are missing the point. You said the offense doesn't work unless the long ball is successful and that simply isn't a factual statement. The long ball is a bonus and completing them has some residual benefits to the running game. But the offense is designed to work without the long ball. That is why they don't mind throwing deep if it is there. What you are trying to articulate is true for most conventional offenses, especially run-first offenses. It simply isn't true for the Baylor offense or the veer and shoot or whatever you want to call it.

I don't agree. Tulsa / Baylor / whoever will lose 10 times out of 10 when they don't complete the long ball. I've never seen any of Monty's teams win a game simply by running + playing the intermediate passing game with the bubble screens and slants that we run. The long ball has to be there. If not, the defense loads the box and is able to muddle some of the spacing that we utilize to give our shorter passing game room to work. That's kind of what Ohio State did last season.

Well, this is America. You have the right to what you want to believe. You might want to go back and look at what Houston did with the offense before you merge opinion with fact though.

If you want to worry, don't worry about completing long balls. They will take two or three shots and they will either be there or they wont. The key to stopping this offense is leveraging your talent so that the free safety is freed up to spy the QB. That means a nickel that has the phyicality and awareness to defeat a block and make a tackle, but also the speed for man coverage. I don't know if OSU brings that. If they do, that, together with an effective edge rush, will force the QB to either guess right on the RPO or keep the ball on the rush and get hit. If the defense crowds the box as you describe because of the lack of a deep threat, and play man in the secondary, that is still going to mean only 6 or 7 in the box. Brewer and Minter will murder them on the wheel route.

You might not get Sportscenter numbers without the deep threat padding the stats, but the fact is this offense forces the defense to choose what it wants to stop. No matter what the defense chooses, there is a way for the QB to counter it and distribute the ball for positive yardage ... or go deep. So it is less important for President to complete long balls as it is to stay disciplined and not under throw them into interceptions, as well as stay in plus situations on down and distance.

So if you are OSU, you get out the ol' chalkboard and you figure what is the least preferred method of moving the ball for TU, while staying covered up on the deep ball. Judging by what I've seen of what OSU has done in the past versus Baylor and Texas' effed up version of this offense. They will try to force the game into situations where President thinks TU's inside receivers are the best option. The choices in the slot are unproductive, unproven, or inconsistent players. Taking away the inside run game and the run option with a spying safety will force the ball out to the slot and into repeated mistakes either in blocking or catching assignments. You keep it about who is running what, not how Tulsa is running it. Whether OSU has the horses at corner and free safety to do that is another story. I do know that if you load up the box because Tulsa isn't or cant throw deep, you will get burned in the run/pass option look. Go back and see what Baylor did to teams like Michigan State, SMU, Texas, and Oklahoma that loaded the box. They didn't have to throw deep more than once or twice and it wasn't pretty when they did (with the exception of one nuclear bomb against MSU).

Last edited:
Whether OSU has the horses at corner and free safety to do that is another story.

Unfortunately, us OSU fans don't exactly know the answer to this just yet. Our 2 year starter at CB was moved to Safety this Spring when we picked up Clemson graduate transfer and starter Adrian Baker. At first I thought this move was because Baker was better than Richards, but come to find out Baker was beaten out by So. A.J. Green and RFr. Rodarius Williams who will be making their 1st career starts vs Tulsa on Thursday. So. Madre Harper and Sr. Malik Kearse (0 starts between them) are the backups and knocked the previous Clemson starter off the 2-deep.

Coaches are greatly impressed with the young CB's and said moving Richards to Safety was to ensure we have the best 11 athletes on the field. So we'll find out on Thursday what we have at Corner, but I'm satisfied with having Richards and Flowers at SS/FS.

Unfortunately, us OSU fans don't exactly know the answer to this just yet. Our 2 year starter at CB was moved to Safety this Spring when we picked up Clemson graduate transfer and starter Adrian Baker. At first I thought this move was because Baker was better than Richards, but come to find out Baker was beaten out by So. A.J. Green and RFr. Rodarius Williams who will be making their 1st career starts vs Tulsa on Thursday. So. Madre Harper and Sr. Malik Kearse (0 starts between them) are the backups and knocked the previous Clemson starter off the 2-deep.

Coaches are greatly impressed with the young CB's and said moving Richards to Safety was to ensure we have the best 11 athletes on the field. So we'll find out on Thursday what we have at Corner, but I'm satisfied with having Richards and Flowers at SS/FS.
Richards was move to SS before we picked up Adrian Baker

No I didn't, you just need to be factual

No, you missed the point entirely. The point was that we don't know what we have at CB but as I pointed out things might not be bad with the move of Richards to SS. The point wasn't WHEN did Richards move. If that was the question being proposed it would've been answered that he was moved before Spring practice. Baker didn't announce his actual transfer until late March howevever he had already been in contact with the Cowboys coaching staff prior to announcing.

Aggies argument:
First ag: moooooo. Mooooooo!!!
Dos ag: baaaaaaa. Baaaaaaa!!!
First ag: Keep my wife out of this!!!

NUKE the aggies!!!!!

Last edited:
No, you missed the point entirely. The point was that we don't know what we have at CB but as I pointed out things might not be bad with the move of Richards to SS. The point wasn't WHEN did Richards move. If that was the question being proposed it would've been answered that he was moved before Spring practice. Baker didn't announce his actual transfer until late March howevever he had already been in contact with the Cowboys coaching staff prior to announcing.
Some one with the name Hunter and Fisher has to be a pretty good guy!

Why do so many OS”Fools” who graduate from the Ag Science Dept, die from drinking milk? Because the cows keep falling on them.

An entire set of teeth

--The urge to sample Free Spam, Squirrel, Fried Twinkies, Moon Pies, & Calf Fries
--All the Black Velvet Art work & left over Christmas Lights in the visitor locker room

TU fans
IF Brewer, Brooks, Taylor, & Co. can go over 250 yrds rushing them “Blokes” might not get enough snaps

Could B a pinball match
A High Scoring Affair

Run & Gun TU 56
Cow”Chokes” 48
Q: How many TU students does it take to change a tire?
A: Two. One to hold the drinks and pot and the other to call Daddy!

An entire set of teeth

TU fans

Could B a pinball match
A High Scoring Affair

Run & Gun TU 56
Cow”Chokes” 48
There's a reason I try not to talk trash to another team's fans before the game. Shit can backfire, and if it does, I'll be back.

Summertime is over. It's time to lace 'em up and get after it.

New season, new QB. Offense will look very different. Question is, does the coaching staff even know what it's going to look like?

So appreciative of our orange friends stopping by to pokesplain football to us. They exemplify the old Switzer quote: "You were born on third base. Quit acting like you hit a triple."

Unfortunately, the spread looks about right.

Underfunded: 30
Overrated: 44

Bonus Kendall prediction: Brewer gets 185 yards rushing.
Double Bonus Kendall prediction: Shindelar gets a pick.
I hope he does and he takes it back for 6!

Reactions: astonmartin708
If one of our qb's is having great success how long before an aggie cb takes him out of the game with a cheap shot 3 yards out of bounds and then gets a high five from a back coach on the sideline...

If one of our qb's is having great success how long before an aggie cb takes him out of the game with a cheap shot 3 yards out of bounds and then gets a high five from a back coach on the sideline...

Oh man this is Deja Vu. I remember this very thing happening when we played OSU around midnight in 2011

Reactions: TU Sepp and Gold*
Putting pressure on the OSU QB has to be at the top of the list of Tulsa's objectives going into the game tomorrow night. I would expect some pressure, he doesn't like playing in uncomfortable situations. Tulsa has a very solid defensive front with more speed at linebacker. Hope they do some Mason chasing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT