vs Ball St: W 24-21
@ NIU: W 34-28 3OT
@ ToledaL L 17-31
vs Kent St: L 24-27
@ Miami OH: L 17-37
vs Ohio: W 27-20
@ E Michigan: L 21-26

Reactions: RealTUTypical
They're not good. How they were even in that game against OkState is beyond me (and the only reason they're bowl eligible). UVA is brutally bad as an FBS team and the losses against Kent St and EMU are just horrible. Hope Monty runs up the score and gets out SRs some record book mentions. Let's shoot for 3500-1500-1500-1000-1000

They're not good. How they were even in that game against OkState is beyond me (and the only reason they're bowl eligible). UVA is brutally bad as an FBS team and the losses against Kent St and EMU are just horrible. Hope Monty runs up the score and gets out SRs some record book mentions. Let's shoot for 3500-1500-1500-1000-1000

I
You said you can't believe they were even in the OSU game. Both teams had 23 fds, CMU had 80 more total yards, 1 more turnover and 20 more yds in penalties.

Both teams only rushed for 50 yds. CMU QB was 31-43 for 368 yds, 4 TD's and 1 int.

Rudolph was 27-43 for 286 yds, 2 tds and 1 int.

It looks like the stats justify a win although it shouldn't have been one. But to say they shouldn't have been in the game is just crazy.

CMU was 3-5 in its MAC division and finished one game out of the basement. But there were lots of one score games. If the OSU and W. Michigan score comparison holds, WMU would clobber any Big 12 team.

Looks to me like they had a heck of a year, then either ran out of steam or the wheels came off when they needed 3OTs to beat Northern Illinois.

Anybody know if injuries were the issue?

I don't care.

Really wish I did but just cannot work up an iota of care.

But hoping for the 1000 yards for Atkinson.

I
You said you can't believe they were even in the OSU game. Both teams had 23 fds, CMU had 80 more total yards, 1 more turnover and 20 more yds in penalties.

Both teams only rushed for 50 yds. CMU QB was 31-43 for 368 yds, 4 TD's and 1 int.

Rudolph was 27-43 for 286 yds, 2 tds and 1 int.

It looks like the stats justify a win although it shouldn't have been one. But to say they shouldn't have been in the game is just crazy.
Point was more of OSU not taking them seriously and not really coming out to play full out. How does OSU only have 50 yds rushing in that game? I'm not an OSU fan and basically hope they lose to every team they play except OU, but they have more talent, size, and speed than a MAC all-star team. T Boone is frustrated Gumby can't be OU...he should be more frustrated that they keep losing inexplicable games like this one.

OSU's offensive line was a mess the first half of the season. The beat Pitt due to big plays in the passing game and then beat Texas when the Horns top two backs go out in the first half. Struggling offensive line, play flat, and a coaching staff who doesn't know the rule book equaled a loss.

The worse thing about having to play CMU is having to listen ad nauseam about how OSU got cheated out of a win - as if OSU losing a bad thing.

OSU's offensive line was a mess the first half of the season. The beat Pitt due to big plays in the passing game and then beat Texas when the Horns top two backs go out in the first half. Struggling offensive line, play flat, and a coaching staff who doesn't know the rule book equaled a loss.
After that game I thought OSU would struggle to be 7-5

The worse thing about having to play CMU is having to listen ad nauseam about how OSU got cheated out of a win - as if OSU losing a bad thing.
We can claim the same thing...OSU fans are adamant that Bedlam should have been their play-in game for the CFP...I can't stop laughing

Looks to me like they had a heck of a year, then either ran out of steam or the wheels came off when they needed 3OTs to beat Northern Illinois.

Anybody know if injuries were the issue?

I casually follow the MAC teams in Michigan. CMU's 22 starters to begin the year made a very good squad. The type of MAC team which can beat anyone (not Alabama) on a given day, though probably can't run through a completed Power 5 schedule due to the issue below. They were absolutely step for step with OK State and a few chances to win even before the hail mary.

After the UNLV game, injuries took a toll, and the lack of depth of a MAC team was severely exposed.

I casually follow the MAC teams in Michigan. CMU's 22 starters to begin the year made a very good squad. The type of MAC team which can beat anyone (not Alabama) on a given day, though probably can't run through a completed Power 5 schedule due to the issue below. They were absolutely step for step with OK State and a few chances to win even before the hail mary.

After the UNLV game, injuries took a toll, and the lack of depth of a MAC team was severely exposed.
Thanks for this insight.

Newly elected State Senator David Rader(R-Tulsa) knows all about lack of depth. Everyone has injuries while TU, even years later, has little depth in certain positions. Even with these issues, the best team will win,big.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT