Vs Charlotte W 45-17
At Tulane Loss 38-35
Vs North Texas W 34-23
At East Carolina W 34-20

Wins AAC Championship
Vs UTSA 38-28

Amen 🙏 Kevin Wilson Is Already A God At This Point

when does fall practice start?
Historically, players report back to campus, officially, around August 1st and practice up until the 1st day of classes which is probably around August 21st (maybe the 14th, TU's calendar keeps shifting). Players always came in way before housing was ready for them but what can you do?

Historically, players report back to campus, officially, around August 1st and practice up until the 1st day of classes which is probably around August 21st (maybe the 14th, TU's calendar keeps shifting). Players always came in way before housing was ready for them but what can you do?

The Fall semester starts on 8/21.

TU is going 8-4 this season. I don't have predictions for specific games but if OU's defense doesn't improve a lot over last year and they trot Gabriel out as QB again, TU can absolutely win that game.

I don't think we'll lose games because of poor game or clock management this season. No stupid losses in games where we had double digit leads like at Wyoming. No wasted timeouts because the HC/OC are indecisive on what play to run on a 2nd and 4 from the 50 in the middle of the 2nd quarter. No 3 straight runs up the middle because "that's what the defense showed us".

I think we're just going to see a better coached team and the games managed in a way to give us a chance to win. That's all I want to see.

I don't think we'll lose games because of poor game or clock management this season. No stupid losses in games where we had double digit leads like at Wyoming. No wasted timeouts because the HC/OC are indecisive on what play to run on a 2nd and 4 from the 50 in the middle of the 2nd quarter. No 3 straight runs up the middle because "that's what the defense showed us".
Reading that triggered my PTSD.

TU is going 8-4 this season. I don't have predictions for specific games but if OU's defense doesn't improve a lot over last year and they trot Gabriel out as QB again, TU can absolutely win that game.

I think we're just going to see a better coached team and the games managed in a way to give us a chance to win. That's all I want to see.
That and also the fact ou seems to already see us as a “ warm up game”. Their fans really think they are going to go undefeated and then go into the sec and beat the Georgias and Alabamas of the world. As Lee Corso says … “ Not so fast my friend “ !

Well, they're definitely trotting out Gabriel, but not sure about their defense.

Well, they're definitely trotting out Gabriel, but not sure about their defense.
So OU fans claim their defense was the downfall last year despite Venables being a defensive master. They think it had more to do with the guys Riley was bringing to campus not being compatible with what Venables wanted to do on D. Maybe, maybe not.

Quite honestly I wish we could bring Gillespie back for a single game as DC for this one. He always confused the **** out of Gabriel to the point where Gabriel didn't look capable of winning the QB job at some of the 6A HS in Tulsa when he played against TU. And Braxton should be able to improvise against OU's D as OU always seems to struggle with that style of QB. I expect this game to be a shootout a lot like the 2016 game was.

Quite honestly I wish we could bring Gillespie back for a single game as DC for this one.
Our new DC, Coach P, sounds like a sharp cookie. I suspect he will have a good gameplan on D ready for this game. Honestly, I am more worried about the UW game the week before....we will face one of the best QBs in the nation in that game.

Our new DC, Coach P, sounds like a sharp cookie. I suspect he will have a good gameplan on D ready for this game. Honestly, I am more worried about the UW game the week before....we will face one of the best QBs in the nation in that game.
I'm sure the new DC is a good coach...but there was something that Gillespie's twist on the odd 3-3-5 really messed with what Gabriel was seeing when we played him. No one questions that UCF probably had better personnel than we did but we limited what Gabriel could do. Heck, even the last time we played them with Zaven at LB the ESPN guys were sort of saying that Gabriel didn't look comfortable back there.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
No doubt Gillespie was amazing....trying to be optimistic here lol. I really really want to beat OU.

Just read a preview on some "sooner wire" publication and they said the score will be 45-10 with no struggles at all. Will OU surprise and be great this year? Possibly, but I highly doubt it.

• Wow
Reactions: Henry Kendall
Just read a preview on some "sooner wire" publication and they said the score will be 45-10 with no struggles at all. Will OU surprise and be great this year? Possibly, but I highly doubt it.
They picked almost ten we exact same score against smoo , 48-10

I'm sure the new DC is a good coach...but there was something that Gillespie's twist on the odd 3-3-5 really messed with what Gabriel was seeing when we played him. No one questions that UCF probably had better personnel than we did but we limited what Gabriel could do. Heck, even the last time we played them with Zaven at LB the ESPN guys were sort of saying that Gabriel didn't look comfortable back there.

Our success over UCF wasn’t just limited to when Gabriel was there. For whatever reason, we’ve had their number for years. I believe that Todd Graham was our only coach with a losing record against them.

With the Big XII media stuff going on, listening to the UH, Cinci, and UCF people makes me want to puke.

With the Big XII media stuff going on, listening to the UH, Cinci, and UCF people makes me want to puke.
A sports station interviewed that massive dbag Chad Brendel from Cincy and he is just one of the biggest POS ever, and not just in a bad fan type of way. Literally a bad human being. He just kept saying "Oh Cincinatti didn't have to try in half their games, blah blah blah." I hope they get lit up and become the doormat.

A sports station interviewed that massive dbag Chad Brendel from Cincy and he is just one of the biggest POS ever, and not just in a bad fan type of way. Literally a bad human being. He just kept saying "Oh Cincinatti didn't have to try in half their games, blah blah blah." I hope they get lit up and become the doormat.

Well, they aren't impressing the B12 media yet...

2023 Big 12 Football Media Preseason Poll
1. Texas (41), 886
2. Kansas State (14), 858
3. Oklahoma (4), 758
4. Texas Tech (4), 729
5. TCU (3), 727
6. Baylor, 572
7. Oklahoma State (1), 470
8. UCF, 463
9. Kansas, 461
10. Iowa State, 334
11. BYU, 318
12. Houston, 215
13. Cincinnati, 202
14. West Virginia, 129

Well, they aren't impressing the B12 media yet...

2023 Big 12 Football Media Preseason Poll
1. Texas (41), 886
2. Kansas State (14), 858
3. Oklahoma (4), 758
4. Texas Tech (4), 729
5. TCU (3), 727
6. Baylor, 572
7. Oklahoma State (1), 470
8. UCF, 463
9. Kansas, 461
10. Iowa State, 334
11. BYU, 318
12. Houston, 215
13. Cincinnati, 202
14. West Virginia, 129
Think of how bad you have to be thought of to be picked to finish behind Kansas in the Big XII media poll. And UCF isn't going to do much either. I'd be shocked if the newbies didn't all finish 9th or lower

Kansas has a hell of a coach and they are no slouch anymore, especially with their QB.
I agree...BUT they've only done it for one year. Give me 2-3 years of that consistency and then we can give them credit for not being the perennial doormat. I do think they have a fantastic coach though. We'll see. Remember they started super fast last year and then struggled in their last 5 games or so.

I want to know who the idiot reporter was that gave the Pokes their one and only first place vote.
Or the 41 idiots still voting for Texas to finish first when they know it's not going to happen. Give me TCU to win the conference again. Followed by Baylor (Dave Aranda is a great football coach).

Or the 41 idiots still voting for Texas to finish first when they know it's not going to happen. Give me TCU to win the conference again. Followed by Baylor (Dave Aranda is a great football coach).
I heard a rumor they are “ back “

I want to know who the idiot reporter was that gave the Pokes their one and only first place vote.
Bill Haisten?

OSU does have the easiest schedule possible. They play all 4 newbies & none of the Texas schools, other than Houston.

Last edited:
I agree...BUT they've only done it for one year. Give me 2-3 years of that consistency and then we can give them credit for not being the perennial doormat. I do think they have a fantastic coach though. We'll see. Remember they started super fast last year and then struggled in their last 5 games or so.
Gee, that struggle coincided with their QB going down. Must've been coincidence. 😔
TCU is the one that took out their QB. They still only beat them by a TD after taking out their QB right before halftime. TCU was up 10-3 at half, and they weren't able to add to that lead in the second half.(With Daniels out.)

They should be strong this year. Might have given TCU a run for their money for the league title and played in the championship bowl last year. After last year's experience, with a more experienced Bean, and Daniels back at the helm, I think they are being underestimated. Kansas used to be the cellar dweller, at what would be 14 this year. I have a feeling they will easily be higher than 9th. Being ranked behind KU is not the poor showing it used to be.

That's a shoddy comparison for the time being.

Houston is a school ?
Apparently. A friend of ours' daughter just committed to swim at Houston after this year. Mind you, both parents own PhDs in Chemical Engineering (B.S. from TU, PhDs from Georgia Tech). The daughter is really smart and had visited Georgia Tech as a possibility to go to school and be an engineer as well. She's a top 8 swimmer in the 5A class and made finals for her events every year since FR year. She's a pretty good swimmer to say the least. How can they let her go to Houston where the quality of education is only slightly above a community college.

Reactions: TULSARISING
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT