ADVERTISEMENT

2002 Ranking of TU Hurricane Board Posters

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Have to post this every 5 years . Some great fans here, some have passed, some remain very loyal. The ranking was based at the time on numbers of primary posts, number of responses, relevance, accuracy, candor, and just plain enjoyable. Several have moved into the top 10 if today's rankings were listed.

1. weatherdemon
2. tuaddict
3. TULSAFAN
4. Inside Info
5. The Eye
6. ashVID
7. Canester
8. Wayland Smithers
9. jon fisher
10. Goldie
11. TUPike Alum
12. HHooter
13. TU85
14. t-townpod
15. TU98
16. Pacer
17. dfwcane fan
18. harmon college
19. DCfan
20. Catbird
21. TUMe
22. TUTom
23. yerbuddyinbigd
24. TUCol
25. noble cane
26. Crunch Time
27. MoBill
28. WATU
29. Tupei
30. Clarence Iba
31. Cool Blue Reason
32. the boulder
33. Maldon
34. Tutoo
35. TcatTU
36. Henry Kendall
37. Rowdy
38. TU KappaSig
39. TU Mama
40. 4tu2
41. tulsa teen
42. HFHE
43. TUflyfish
44. TheRippla
45. Bigdog
46. Norm
47. BballJunkie
48.TUPortland
49. Stan
50.,Nevada

:cool:

Original TULSAFAN was actually a decent poster at one time. He seems frustrated now. Tulsa Teen has had about 5 different identities. Weatherdemon has seen it all. Great boards back then. Watching our chances with other bubble teams usually.

Wow! Had forgotten some of those!

I still wonder what happened to some of them. The Eye was a great poster!
There was GymPerfect10 as well. (I think that’s how she had it). I saw her at Homecoming this year.

I count 10 of us that are from that list. Some have changed names for various reasons.

I count 10 of us that are from that list. Some have changed names for various reasons.
Would you share who the 10 are?
Must be several who changed name. I only recognize 4 names.
Other than curiosity, no reason.

Not positive on some of these.

1. weatherdemon
3. TULSAFAN (regrettably, and not original)
5. The Eye(CTT84?)
6. ashVID(aTUfan?)
10. Goldie(Gold*?)
14. t-townpod
18. harmon college(Who the heck is this? 😜 )
25. noble cane
28. WATU(Crossfire)
36. Henry Kendall
50.,Nevada

Last edited:
I remember a couple of years in the mid-late 1990's on the AZBoard where we were on the bubble and competing with about 6 other teams. Different posters would find a radio feed of each game and report back how each competitor was doing. I remember Western Kentucky or someone losing at the buzzer and the board went crazy with enthusiasm.

I remember a couple of years in the mid-late 1990's on the AZBoard where we were on the bubble and competing with about 6 other teams. Different posters would find a radio feed of each game and report back how each competitor was doing. I remember Western Kentucky or someone losing at the buzzer and the board went crazy with enthusiasm.
I remember those days.. i had a different pseudonym when i lived in the TX Panhandle.. I've been 'Noble' for so long now that i've forgotten my previous identity.. it was fun though. Alot looser with tougher skins..

i'm from the az board days....but i didn't get on the cool posters list....

yo noble....i'm from the texas panhandle (borger).....the whole panhandle is on fire right now and i'm a bit worried about my family and friends....

TU85 is retired and spends most of his time in Miami Beach living it up. Not sure if he pays much attention anymore.

DC Fan aka No-Orange moved back to the Tulsa area a year or two ago. Still loves TU, just doesn’t follow much anymore.

Canester2002 and his wife still sit behind me at football games.

Reactions: TUMU
I am fairly sure i was a lurker back then. On the board that is. Always wondered what happened to AshVid. He said I had a good radio voice once.

Actually @Chris Harmon I am curious if you have a record of when I registered? Super curious.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: I.I.
I was on the AZ board as well but don’t remember my name.

And I can’t blame that on my age - I think.

I’m assuming Barrister wasn’t around in 2002 as I don’t see this hall of fame poster in the list ?

i'm from the az board days....but i didn't get on the cool posters list....

yo noble....i'm from the texas panhandle (borger).....the whole panhandle is on fire right now and i'm a bit worried about my family and friends....
Yep, I still have a few friends living out there that i havent been able to reach around Pampa, Canadian, and Miami..

AZTulsa and the Blue Board were great times around here. But the follow-up Tulsa Sports Web was ran by a couple of clowns.

I truly believe that those two hated football and would have preferred that our Olympic sports participate in the conference with ORU.

noble....canadian has been hit extremely hard by the fire....smokehouse creek fire is over 500,000 acres now and not contained.....it's awfully sad in the panhandle right now.....

noble....canadian has been hit extremely hard by the fire....smokehouse creek fire is over 500,000 acres now and not contained.....it's awfully sad in the panhandle right now.....
There have been many evacuations due to the uncontained fire. The pictures from Fritch I’ve seen look devastating.

I’m assuming Barrister wasn’t around in 2002 as I don’t see this hall of fame poster in the list ?
He was around but under a different name. I think he went through 3 screen names. I finally met him a few years ago, I think in Daytona.

Reactions: lawpoke87
Not positive on some of these.

1. weatherdemon
3. TULSAFAN (regrettably, and not original)
5. The Eye(CTT84?)
6. ashVID(aTUfan?)
10. Goldie(Gold*?)
14. t-townpod
18. harmon college(Who the heck is this? 😜 )
25. noble cane
28. WATU(Crossfire)
36. Henry Kendall
50.,Nevada

Yeah she got irritated with a few posters, and stopped posting, seemingly at cause of, right after.
Ahhhhh! So that was it @4tu2, I saw you like something recently, not post about it!!! I knew I'd seen you do something, I just forgot that it was a like. I took you off my list. Likes are great, but they don't count as posts!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT