ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl games thread

And UAB can come back from having their program killed, to being 9-4 and leading 12-1 App State in 2nd quarter in a bowl. Good for them.

Reactions: HuffyCane
UAB looked good early but App ST came back to win based on two fumble recoveries for TDS. The first was App having 4th and 1 1/2 from the UAB 35 yard line. QB tries a sneak is clearly being stopped short but fumbles and the RB picks it up and runs around the end for a TD. Second QB sacked and DE picks and scores. That was the difference in the game.

SMU is an embarrassment losing to a team they should have beaten badly.

I remember TU walking into the Boca stadium in the CUSA days as a slight favorite (?) and getting stomped. Playing a road bowl game is never fun.

The 10-3 UCF beatdown of Marshall plus latest recruiting class gives me much satisfaction & (some) hope for the future. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

The end up losing to a mediocre NC team 55-13. Curse of the Ruder.
He’s been hurt. With a native son true freshman leading the team and poised to be a Paul Smith style franchise presence, you wonder if Ruder will enter the portal.

I see on the ESPN crawl that Miami fired their OC after just one mediocre season, culminating with getting blanked by La Tech. Wonder what’s it like rooting for a school that wants to win?

Miami had like 6 guys out “preparing for the draft.”
Probably because it leaked the OC was out after the game regardless.

only bowl game that matters to our conference - Memphis in Cotton.

That was the most bitter loss to me from this season. Still having trouble getting over that one.

Memphis was actually more competitive than I thought they’d be. They are kind of fun to watch, but are really not that good.

Reactions: 4tu2
Starting to think there's some serious limitations on the metrics that showed OU's D as much improved.

OU has too many players going through the motions trying to get to the pros.

They are getting blown out and there are players posing after plays and too many smiles on the sideline. There’s a culture problem there that extends beyond them being without their best players or LSU being this good.

There was 3 championship level teams this year. Whoever was named as the 4th was a pretender. OU won that prize.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Man, Clemson v Ohio St was a helluva game!

Beginning to end that was the best game I’ve watched in a long time. I was worried about the 16-0 start but you can never count Dabo out, he is a hell of a coach and Clemson is a great team. I think they’ll get their asses kicked on the 13th but they played a great game today.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
They did until halfway through the third quarter and then penn state beat the brakes off of them. They got owned in that game. They played from behind most of the game.

The third? They got owned in the second quarter. If it hadn’t been for Penn State’s 28 points in the 2nd it would have been a much more competitive game.

I haven’t followed LSU at all bc I can’t stand them, but something seems very fishy about Ed Orgeron. Dude has had all kinds of personal problems as I recall, has never been a winning coach, and all of the sudden he’s built a juggernaut? Hmmmmm

hard to feel badly for OU, which squeaked its way past I State and Baylor (I).

The TU missed FG was mentioned during the game as the reason Memphis got a gameday the next week.

I’ve always thought LSU was the sleeping giant of college football. They are always good but not great. And the state of Louisiana always puts out more first round talent per capita than any other state. Always just needed a QB. Now they have one and giddy up.

Memphis was actually more competitive than I thought they’d be. They are kind of fun to watch, but are really not that good.
Memphis would not have been in this game if we had a FG kicker who could hit from 30 yds. Then we’d be watching Penn State beat Boise St by 40.

If anything this just proves that the AAC is head and shoulders above the MWC and the other G5’s in overall quality. Yeah, we’re still going to have some clunkers but so is everyone else. We need to pick it up in a lot of areas to maintain pace and catch up with some of the others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT