ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES OF INTEREST (11.14.23 - 11.15.23)

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
The holiday tournaments are going to be starting this weekend and through next week. So, lots of good games coming up.

Last night

Missouri State beat up on Oral Roberts 84-69
Arkansas Pine Bluff edged out Central Arkansas 85-83. UCA was up 4 at half.
South Carolina State beat North Florida 87-77

Todays Games

We have 9 games today. #10 Florida Atlantic takes on Eastern Michigan at home. The boards favorite team, Lamar, hosts UTSA. Loyola Chicago hosts UIC. The game of the evening is #14 Texas A&M travels to Dallas to take on the SMOOOO. This is the ponies first action after playing 3 games in 4 days to start the season.

AND ONE

I am going on a trip so no And One today. I have a lot of work to complete so just think up your own fun fact lol.

GO TU!!!

Today’s games

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
SchrinerD3atUIW3535:00 p.m.ESPN+
Mississippi Val.362atUconn46:00 p.m.FS2
Eastern Mich.310atFla. Atlantic336:00 p.m.ESPN+
Temple160atDrexel1276:00 p.m.NBC Philly
UTSA257atLamar University3247:00 p.m.ESPN+
Texas A&M15atSMU897:00 p.m.ESPN+
UIC207atLoyola Chicago807:00 p.m.ESPN+
Western New MexicoD2atNew Mexico St.2098:00 p.m.ESPN+
Jackson St.264atLMU (CA)949:00 p.m.ESPN+

Ok, I’ll start.

AND ONE

I found out today that INTEL stands for Integrated Electronics rather than some abbreviation of intelligence as I’ve thought for years.
They originally filed as Moore-Noyce Electronics until someone finally said it out loud. Then they had to scramble to pay off an existing motel chain to get the trademark for Intel instead.

Back to basketball, FAU is unsurprisingly still really good and are now drawing enough fans to break their all-time attendance record during last night's game at 3,161.

Back to basketball, FAU is unsurprisingly still really good and are now drawing enough fans to break their all-time attendance record during last night's game at 3,161.
Is this true, or a joke I don’t get??

Official capacity is listed as 2,900. It reminds me of a smaller version of the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
FAU-arena.jpg

Official capacity is listed as 2,900. It reminds me of a smaller version of the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
FAU-arena.jpg
Tells me that good coaching strategy and being able to identify undervalued kids in the talent pool can still overcome a lack of major NIL support or Program Investment.

Same thing goes for ORU recently. Of course it takes quite a bit of luck too, but there are ways to put your program in a position to have more success.

Tells me that good coaching strategy and being able to identify undervalued kids in the talent pool can still overcome a lack of major NIL support or Program Investment.

Same thing goes for ORU recently. Of course it takes quite a bit of luck too, but there are ways to put your program in a position to have more success.
That’s the first piece of the puzzle, and I agree that it can be accomplished by a creative and hard-working coaching staff in the absence of significant financial backing.

The second piece, and what I thought FAU would not be able to do, is keeping it all together once you have success. Most programs like that end up being UALR with 1 year of Chris Beard and then it’s over.

Cool to see Dalger in the starting lineup at least for this game. And he outscored Griffin!

Wyoming had a 3 pt shooting night that reminds me of us last season... a team avg of 14.3%. Also, two players (one being Griffin) for Wyoming went a combined 11/38 from the field. Yikes.

Wyoming had a 3 pt shooting night that reminds me of us last season... a team avg of 14.3%. Also, two players (one being Griffin) for Wyoming went a combined 11/38 from the field. Yikes.
I’m getting deja vu all over again….😕

Is there a cafeteria and stage at one end?
Wow, only 2900... that about seats less than the arena at Catoosa HS, 1500 less than Skiatook HS, and 3000 less than Union just to name a few.

Wow, only 2900... that about seats less than the arena at Catoosa HS, 1500 less than Skiatook HS, and 3000 less than Union just to name a few.
Do you know how many colleges and universities would kill to have the athletic facilities Union has? Unfair comparison for FAU

Jackson State pesky once again in the 1st half. This time against Mizzou, down by just 3 at the break.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT