ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES OF INTEREST (12.5.23 - 12.9.23) LOYOLA CHICAGO

Our net is below 160 now. Firmly in the mediocre and unremarkable range compared to exceptionally bad.

Our net is below 160 now. Firmly in the mediocre and unremarkable range compared to exceptionally bad.
I don’t see where you are having a problem with this. At the end of last season we were like 320. We started off this season in the mid 200’s. We are trending in the right direction.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Yes but I am greedy. I want more.
So I am pretty happy with how things have gone so far. Konkol can actually coach his players and focus on the things we haven't done well because he doesn't have to focus on the negative impacts and attitudes of the players and trying to keep the locker room from killing each other. Like, from this past game where we won by double digits but struggled a bit in closing out the game and against a very aggressive press...let's focus on that. Let's focus on half court offense against a zone. I don't know what the attitudes of the guys who aren't playing as many minutes right now (Keita, McWright) but as long as they remain positive and working hard in the classroom and in practice, we're going to be fine. We've seen improvement just about every time out. Now we need this young team to finish games stronger. We've seen it as the point of weakness against UALR and ORU, and we did better against Loyola despite some sketchy moments.

No games that I am tracking today. Tulsa made no move up or down in the net and still occupies the 157 slot. TU plays Sunday in OKC against the Cowboys on ESPN2

We've seen improvement just about every time out. Now we need this
young team to finish games stronger. We've seen it as the point of
weakness against UALR and ORU, and we did better against Loyola
despite some sketchy moments.
The one thing I remember being the same at the end of those three
games is that Archie wasn't in the line up....Konkol has elected to go
with his experienced guards at that time of the game, even though
Archie has shown a calmness and court vision in pressure situations
that belies his youth....His "up court" passing is some of the best on
the team....

Frankly, Cobe has surprised me in the late game situations with not
being as rock solid with the ball as his experience would predict..

Turnovers still too frequent...Not meeting passes primarily....We seem
to getting better there as the players get more familiar with each
other...

The one thing I remember being the same at the end of those three
games is that Archie wasn't in the line up....Konkol has elected to go
with his experienced guards at that time of the game, even though
Archie has shown a calmness and court vision in pressure situations
that belies his youth....His "up court" passing is some of the best on
the team....

Frankly, Cobe has surprised me in the late game situations with not
being as rock solid with the ball as his experience would predict..

other...

other...
Nobody seemed to mention our turnovers were just as bad or worse against Loyola as they had been before.(18) No improvement at all. Luckily Loyola's stat on that was not good either.

Nobody seemed to mention our turnovers were just as bad or worse against Loyola as they had been before.(18) No improvement at all. Luckily Loyola's stat on that was not good either.
We have some players who probably rarely passed the ball in JUCO or high school and now they are faced with tough collegiate passing and it is a T.O. quickly. The guards should be much better and Keaston really is. The other guards are still struggling with handling and passing for some reason. Hopefully it is just an early season thing. We do cause a lot of opponent turnovers with much better defense than last year.

Those are adverbs

Oops. I restructured the sentence and changed the adjectives to adverbs, and didn't notice.

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

wife and I went to Norfolk, VA to Old dominion to see our son play the winter concert with the Symphony Orchestra at ODU. Wife got hospitalized there the next day. She is being discharged today so she is good. But while I was here since we had to stay an extra day, I went to the ODU vs #18 JMU last night. Mind you the hotel I am at is literally across the street from the arena. I went to the game and that is the first time I have been in an arena in a while with a home crowd that was almost a sell out playing a team they were going to lose to. The attendance at the reynolds center needs to get better. The atmosphere was electric

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT