ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES OF INTEREST (11.20.23 - 11.24.20) SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
ITS GAME DAY

As you can see I am now almost over my illness as I am able to communicate with the masses. Today Tulsa men host South Carolina State and the Reynolds center. They are a KenPom 343 so this should be an easy double digit win. This easy schedule is giving these guys time to gel. We will need it come Conference play.

Todays Games

We have 10 games today. New Orleans visits the struggling Cowboys this evening. Okie state should beat these guys but if they don’t then they are in for a long season. UCF will see Charlotte in the finals of the Jacksonville Classic. Charlotte took down George Mason yesterday. Abilene Christian who took down the Pokes will visit Missouri State. Lastly we will have SMU and West Virginia in the Fort Meyers Tip off.

AND ONE

Its that time of season that COVID, FLU and RSV are starting to Ramp up. My wife just got over a bout of COVID and I got sick but wasn’t COVID. So start looking into your FLU shots and COVID shots. IF you don’t want them then don’t get them. Your body, Your Choice.

GO TU!!!

Today’s games

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
Central Ark.323atSoutheast Mo. St.3356:30 p.m.ESPN+
South Carolina St.343atTulsa2177:00 p.m.ESPN+
New Orleans276atOklahoma St.957:00 p.m.BIG12/ESPN+
Abilene Christian139vsMissouri St.1117:00 p.m.
Mississippi Val.362atSanta Clara1179:00 p.m.ESPN+
GA. Southern311atEast Carolina1845:00 p.m.ESPN+
UCF63vsCharlotte1307:30 p.m.
Bradley83vsTulane9010:30 p.m.CBSSN
UTSA282atHouston Christian3587:00 p.m.ESPN+
West Virginia86vsSMU947:30 p.m.FS1

East Carolina 82-64 over Georgia southern
Southeast Missouri State over Central Arkansas 70-68
UTSA over houston Christian 89-87
Okie state over New Orleans 96-68

Missouri State is handling Abilene Christian at home 82-68 with just over 2 minutes left in the paradise jam

Charlotte gets leads and can’t hold them. They were up on the knights at half and let them come back on them

Good 20 point win yesterday. Still a lot of things to cleanup but we are getting good wins. This team doesn’t give me anxiety like last year so that is a good thing. We did go up 5 spots in the KenPom 212.

Todays Games

We have three showcase events going on today.

Fresno State takes on New Mexico State in the Cancun Challenge
Kennesaw State visits East Carolina in their Holiday Classic
Indiana State takes on Rice in the Ball Dawgs Classic in Henderson, Nevada.

UAB and ORU have games as well.

AND ONE

I know that us not being in one of these holiday tournaments is probably the best thing for us but I am used to traveling during this time to go attend an event for some basketball. Usually go with the Pops and he is currently in withdrawal with all of the memories popping up on the Facebook feed with all the places we have traveled to for tournaments. Myrtle Beach, Daytona, Charleston, etc. Hopefully we will get in one next year so that I can go on another trip.

GO TU!!!

Today’s games

Kennesaw St.236atEast Carolina1745:00 p.m.ESPN+
Indiana St.104vsRice1755:30 p.m.FLOHoops
UAB93atMiddle Tenn.1296:30 p.m.ESPN+
Fresno St.121vsNew Mexico St.2147:30 p.m.CBSSN
Texas Southern263atOral Roberts1777:00 p.m.Summit League NET

Usually go with the Pops and he is currently in withdrawal with all of the memories popping up on the Facebook feed with all the places we have traveled to for tournaments. Myrtle Beach, Daytona, Charleston, etc. Hopefully we will get in one next year so that I can go on another trip.
Maybe you could go to Little Rock Saturday. I hear the beaches are spectacular there this time of year.

AND ONE

I know that us not being in one of these holiday tournaments is probably the best thing for us but I am used to traveling during this time to go attend an event for some basketball. Usually go with the Pops and he is currently in withdrawal with all of the memories popping up on the Facebook feed with all the places we have traveled to for tournaments. Myrtle Beach, Daytona, Charleston, etc. Hopefully we will get in one next year so that I can go on another trip.

At least you’ll get to use the money you saved to watch us in an NCAA tourney regional

At least you’ll get to use the money you saved to watch us in an NCAA tourney regional
I enjoyed this holiday tournament and at least we got to hold part of it in our own gym. A lot better outcome than the previous 6 or 7 "holiday tournaments" where we always lost and came back with downbeat attitudes.

Reactions: loca2874
I enjoyed this holiday tournament and at least we got to hold part of it in our own gym. A lot better outcome than the previous 6 or 7 "holiday tournaments" where we always lost and came back with downbeat attitudes.
For some of us though it‘s nice to be able to make a trip for a long weekend and see TU play 3 games. For my son and I , we each live well over 1000 miles from Tulsa, it’s not economically viable to travel to Tulsa and see just one game. However if we can go to a tourist destination, take the wife and see three games it’s a totally different story.

For some of us though it‘s nice to be able to make a trip for a long weekend and see TU play 3 games. For my son and I , we each live well over 1000 miles from Tulsa, it’s not economically viable to travel to Tulsa and see just one game. However if we can go to a tourist destination, take the wife and see three games it’s a totally different story.
I know. You are a great fan. I'm just glad to see your health seem to improve where you can consider that!

Watching some basketball today and man Leonard Hamilton is still coaching at Florida State. Seems like he’s been there forever. Gonzaga is really good once again, really like their big man Ike, talk about a rim protector.

Were up to 209 in the ken pom. Just waiting for us to break the 200 mark. I was hoping for that today with Jackson St beating MU. Oh well just a little longer.

Oral Roberts is still at 176 from last year. That's going to change. OSU is still 88. That will change too. We will definitely get a temporary boost from OSU & ORU this year, though it will be a boost that is undeserved.

Central Ark 322
Incarnate 332
Jackson St 284
South Carolina 346

UALR 261
ORU 176
Loyola 124
OSU 88
Missouri St 94
Mississippi Valley 362
New Mexico St 214
SW OSU -

Oral Roberts is still at 176 from last year. That's going to change. OSU is still 88. That will change too. We will definitely get a temporary boost from OSU & ORU this year, though it will be a boost that is undeserved.

Central Ark 322
Incarnate 332
Jackson St 284
South Carolina 346

UALR 261
ORU 176
Loyola 124
OSU 88
Missouri St 94
Mississippi Valley 362
New Mexico St 214
SW OSU -
Is this the kenpom or last season’s NET?

We try to do the same thing with football , we were going to all go to the FAU game but my mother passed away that week , I’m glad all of us got to go to Wyoming last year, she was not a football fan by any means , but loved going with all of us to some places we had never seen before .

LOL that the gold-shaded TU region includes Wichita, Stillwater, Fayetteville, and of course south Tulsa. Hopefully OU loses before us and our territory will include Norman too!
🤞 They play Iowa on Thanksgiving Day.

Memphis plays Michigan tomorrow. Maybe a little gold takes part of Memphis' section.

Last edited:
LOL that the gold-shaded TU region includes Wichita, Stillwater, Fayetteville, and of course south Tulsa. Hopefully OU loses before us and our territory will include Norman too!
We probably gained a little territory when Kansas lost to Marquette tonight.

Yesterday was a great day for basketball. There were some upsets like Marquette over Kansas and some really close games.

ORU edged out Texas Southern 65-63 at home.

Fresno State had to take New Mexico State to Overtime to advance to the finals of the Cancun challenge. New Mexico State will be in the third place game today versus SIU

East Carolina won on a buzzer beater to survive against Kennesaw State in Minges Coliseum.

UAB finding was to win now surviving Middle Tennessee 58-57 on the road.

Todays Games

A lot of games are on the schedule today. I probably should have made s separate post but I am being lazy.

Creighton and Loyola Chicago are competing in the Hall of Fame Classic
Michigan and Memphis today at 4 p.m. in the Battle 4 Atlantis in the Bahamas
California takes on Tulane this evening in the nitecap in the SoCal Challenge
Wisconsin faces the SMOOOO in the Fort Meyers Tip-Off
New Mexico and Rice play each other in the Ball Dawgs Classic in Henderson Nevada.

Full Schedule is below.

AND ONE

If you haven’t defrosted and brined your Turkey then it is too late. Go down to Costco and get one of their turkeys. Its not frozen and you should be able to cook that thing for tomorrow. Also if you put raisins in your potato salad then you need to seek professional help.

GO TU!!!

Today’s games

Georgia St.192atLittle Rock26212:00 p.m.ESPN+
Ole Miss.130atTemple1632:30 p.m.ESPN+
Creighton10vsLoyola Chicago1233:00 p.m.CBSSN
Michigan37vsMemphis324:00 p.m.ESPN2
Southern Ill.141vsNew Mexico St.2125:00 p.m.CBSSN
South Carolina St.347atMissouri876:00 p.m.ESPN+
Maine277atSouth Fla.1336:00 p.m.ESPN+
Central Ark.321atKansas St.477:00 p.m.BIG12/ESPN+
Jacksonville St.223atUIW3337:00 p.m.ESPN+
Wisconsin21vsSMU867:30 p.m.FS1
New Mexico58vsRice2008:45 p.m.FLOHoops
California191vsTulane9311:30 p.m.CBSSN

Today's Ken Pom, but it changed a little since I posted it with games tonight. Tulsa moved from 209 to 208.

We probably gained a little territory when Kansas lost to Marquette tonight.

208 this morning. I know not what you are talking about but thought I would share the updated KenPom
Did you even read the thread, you are a little behind the times. 😜 😁

• Haha
Reactions: loca2874
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT