ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES OF INTEREST (11.20.23 - 11.24.20) SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

I did not realize that Memphis had all 13 leave last year, they brought in 14. Like us

Wow, I had no idea either. Only returnees were one of Hardaway's kids and Dandridge. I did confirm.

We can equate Seals and McWright to them. Exactly the same, except they didn't leave an open spot, or have a 'Gibson' leave.

Last edited:
We might get wiped out by Memphis, playing them this early. If we do, it doesn't mean we are going to do badly in conference play. It just means we played them early, with an inexperienced team. Just looking ahead to when that possibly happens, and all the negative nancy's think the world has come to an end. Since we play them that early, I wish we played them twice. That way we'd have a much better chance the second time.

It’s hard not to get high expectations when you’re winning big against poor competition but if we played some of the teams I’ve been watching these last couple of days they would destroy us inside. I still think we can beat anyone in our non-conference schedule but if we lose one here or there I won’t get too down. We will be scrappy even in losses.

It’s hard not to get high expectations when you’re winning big against poor competition but if we played some of the teams I’ve been watching these last couple of days they would destroy us inside. I still think we can beat anyone in our non-conference schedule but if we lose one here or there I won’t get too down. We will be scrappy even in losses.
I agree we need work inside. But I have a feeling we'll go cobe/haggerty/Willis/Barnes/Garcia. Bring reed off the bench.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Not a good day for the American Conference. Memphis and Tulane both won close games against good teams in Michigan and California. Everyone else took an L. Temple lost by 1 to Ole Miss and the SMOO lost to Wisconsin by 8. Rice got thrashed. Biggest beat down though was Central Arkansas getting smashed by Kansas State 100-56. That should help put some perspective on where TU is at currently. Tulsa’s next opponent, Yooler, dropped one in overtime to Georgia state 93-90. Our competition is about to start ramping up.

Todays Games

We only have 3 games today and all are tournament games. At 13:30 we have Loyola Chicago taking on Boston College in the third place game of the Hall of Fame Classic.

At 1:30 p.m. we have FAU facing Butler in the Quarterfinals of the ESPN Events Invitational at Disney World. They will face either Penn State or Texas A&M win or lose in the next game.

The last game puts #20 Arkansas with Memphis in the Battle 4 Atlantis in the Bahamas at 4:00 p.m. This is a semi final game. The winner will face either North Carolina or Villanova.

AND ONE

Today is Turkey day and it is a day to give thanks. So I will put what I am thankful for in the And One today. I am thankful for my family. The ones I talk to and the ones I don’t. I am thankful for the life that I have led as it has made me the person that I am today. I am also thankful for the ability to ignore morons so that I don’t have to use the ignore button on all of my social media platforms. Last but not least I am thankful to live in the greatest country on earth. Having been to 28 different countries myself, I know for a fact that some of the trash some of these people get away with here would not be tolerated there.

GO TU!!!

Today’s games

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
Boston College114vsLoyola Chicago13412:30 p.m.CBSSN
Butler76vsFla. Atlantic491:30 p.m.ESPN2
Arkansas35vsMemphis274:00 p.m.ESPN

I’m watching the FAU-Butler game and this league is going to be very good at the top. We’re going to have to get our shooting improved and scrap for every board.

Reactions: alchemy
Loyola Chicago wins and takes 3rd place in the Hall of fame Classic with a 71-68 win over Boston college

Villanova beats survives a late surge by UNC to win 83-81 in overtime. Memphis vs Arkansas is in 20 minutes

Memphis seems to have gotten some of the best portal players of the entire allotment. Not sure why those players choose Memphis. Must be some swollen Fed-X NIL packages. Surely not to be coached by a great basketball mind 😀

I’m excited by how much better our talent is over last year and we’ll have a shot to win a lot of games but these teams I’ve been watching today have really brought my expectations down to earth.

Looks like Memphis has a bunch of 23 year old Senior and Graduate transfers who were top players on their previous teams. We got players who got very few minutes and are 19 years old. Just looking ahead it will be Memphis -18 I suspect. At least we don’t have to go there.

Yeah Memphis looks really solid. But the good news is, at least this year we finally have the talent to have a chance against better teams, if we play well. Been a long time since we could say that.

Yeah Memphis looks really solid. But the good news is, at least this year we finally have the talent to have a chance against better teams, if we play well. Been a long time since we could say that.
I have seen too many Penny teams start strong and then look like crap once the season gets going , matter of fact , they looked really good a few years ago and were ranked and then got beat by 40 by a certain unranked team 😊

Memphis changed their recruiting philosophy away from 4 Freshmen McDonalds All Americans to 4 All-Conference 23 year olds from other teams. Age and experience makes a huge difference. If Williams had gotten his 7th year approved they might have been top 20.

Late getting this in as I had to work today and too many people at my house. Some of the games have already played. FAU knocked off Texas A&M 96-89 to advance to the championship round to face either Iowa State or Virginia Tech who play at 4:30 p.m. on ESPN2.

Jacksonville State dropped UTSA in the Cardinal/Roadrunner Classic in San Antonio 77-62. The Roadrunners are 2-4 on the year so far.

Todays Games

We still have some good games on tap. Villanova and Memphis square off in the finals of the Battle for Atlantis in the Bahamas.

Houston Christian travels to Gallagher Iba to take on the Pokes at 7 p.m. and last game pits The Delta Devils against Cal State Northridge.

AND ONE

Today is Black Friday and the NFL is having their first Black Friday game today with the Dolphins and the Jets. With online shopping the way it is now, black Friday doesn’t have the same pizzaz as it once did where we are sleeping in and the wives are out at the store at 2 a.m. to get in line to get those black Friday deals. Now all of the shopping is done through amazon and now I just have a black December. Lol.

GO TU!!!

Today’s games

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
Texas A&M24vsFla. Atlantic1810:00 a.m.ESPN2
Jacksonville St.240atUTSA30112:00 p.m.ESPN+
Villanova76vsMemphis392:55 p.m.ESPN
UC Irvine96vsRice1753:15 p.m.FLOHoops
Houston Christian352atOklahoma St.477:00 p.m.BIG12/ESPN+
Mississippi Val.357vsCSUN3289:00 p.m.ESPN+

Nova putting it on Memphis. Nova defense is really good and causing all sorts of problems for Memphis. They have 7 turnovers with 6 minutes to go in the first.

Memphis down 44-16 at the half. They are pumping up threes and are barely shooting 5%.

• Wow
Reactions: loca2874
Makes me a little more optimistic for our first conference game…they are tough but they can be beat

Always appreciate a good Memphis beat down, thank you Nova. Flipped it over to the women's game, and imo the red unis they wear are the best basketball uniforms I've ever seen Tulsa have I wish the men's would get one.

Creighton didn't register yet, and now Texas A&M lost to FAU. That's a good thing all the way around on Texas A&M/FAU. Does a good bit to make up for their loss to Bryant & Phil Martelli Jr.

Chatanoogah lost. Three down. Iowa St is having a tough game with Virginia Tech in the last couple of minutes. Could be a fourth.

I saw some of the women’s game between flights. The center for UAPB was big and we couldn’t stop her inside.

How UAPB got a 6’6” girl and a 6’5”” girl is unbelievable must have a good nil setup. Nelp went to a zone and surrounded her It was good coaching

How UAPB got a 6’6” girl and a 6’5”” girl is unbelievable must have a good nil setup. Nelp went to a zone and surrounded her It was good coaching
What’s more remarkable is they are 1-3 with those girls with every loss being by double digits. Their only win is against something called A&M-Texarkana.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT