ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody extremely irritated at Disney/Google???

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Youtube tv 📺 and Disney can't agree on a contract. Just lost access on Friday to abc, all broadcast espn stations, and a couple 💏 other Disney channels.

That means I don't get the bowl game and not a single basketball game in jan, except on the 29th. Seven basketball 🏀 games in a row in jan are on espn broadcast channels. Longing for january espn+ games. May have to switch if they hold out for very long.

Guess I'm gonna have to go to one of the two watch ⌚️ parties for the bowl game. Any idea which one will have the most rivals posters?

Reactions: URedskin54
Youtube tv 📺 and Disney can't agree on a contract. Just lost access on Friday to abc, all broadcast espn stations, and a couple 💏 other Disney channels.

That means I don't get the bowl game and not a single basketball game in jan, except on the 29th. Seven basketball 🏀 games in a row in jan are on espn broadcast channels. Longing for january espn+ games. May have to switch if they hold out for very long.

Guess I'm gonna have to go to one of the two watch ⌚️ parties for the bowl game. Any idea which one will have the most rivals posters?
I am irritated too.

Will switch to a different service like Hulu live tv if they do not work it out asap. Even though I think youtube tv is easier to use. Already started free trial.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We switched from YouTube TV to AT&T TV (now Direct TV Stream) last year because they carried Astros games via AT&T Sportsnet, which YouTube TV didn’t carry. Did that for my wife who wanted to watch Astros games after a long absence and now it has worked out well for us with the Disney fiasco. These things are happening more and more with the battles between giant corporations and the consumers are the ones usually affected negatively. There are alternatives like Hulu (which Disney owns) that can be an alternative until they have some disagreement with another content provider in the future.

My friend an N Dakota State grad was watching their game against James Madison on Friday night. Close game and he was excited to see a win and them advance to NCG. At midnight when the actions was exciting screen goes black, then a message appears that YouTube and Disney have a contract dispute. He was pissed.
I believe you can also buy a Disney subscription which includes ESPN.

• Angry
I read that Hulu live TV has a problem that you cannot watch a recorded program from the beginning while the program is still underway.

Is that true?

The issue is that content providers are constantly coming at the consumer interface folks (youtubeTV, Hulu, Dish, etc.) wanting large increases in the cost of their content. These charges are normally calculated on a per subscriber basis and in if they’re too high at least some, if not all, of that increase must be passed on to the subscriber which affects their competitive edge. It is irritating, I’ve lost Fox and CBS both for weeks or months at a time until they agreed on a price, but it’s better than them blindly accepting any increase and passing it on to me.

So I just have a subscription to ESPN+. It was 5.99 and now it’s 6.99 a month. It gets everything I need and I access everything from the app.

I get those with my cable subscription. Most of our games are on the plus
That’s true, but I wonder how that works if the cable (or in this case YouTube TV) is on the outs with ESPN/Disney?

My channels were not back this afternoon.
At 4pm ish I added all the channels back on my desktop. (In the live guide editing, under settings.) They were all turned off and at the tail end of the live guide.

They all showed up on my tv's then, except for abc. They are a little slow getting abc for some odd reason. Will check it on my pc 💻 later on tonight, if it doesn't show up on my tvs.

Glad I had the tip or I would have ended up sorting this out for days with customer support. Took me about fifteen minutes messing with my custom guide.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT