ADVERTISEMENT

2022 transfer portal

@Chris Harmon @Bill Lowery Here is my question. The immediate play from the transfer portal I believe was a one time thing. From what I have been reading, and I cant find anything concrete, is that after a player hits the portal and uses that immediate play that after that they have to sit out a year unless they are coming up to D1. In other words the old rules are going back into effect.

Am I correct in this? if so then Griffin transferring would risk having to sit out a year or leave D1 for a year.

I looked on Sam's twitter and didn't see anything besides a retweet of it happening today. Sorry if it's old news, hadn't seen it.

Reactions: loca2874
I looked on Sam's twitter and didn't see anything besides a retweet of it happening today. Sorry if it's old news, hadn't seen it.
I was likely wrong in my memory of it. It may have been that I was confusing it with Jefferson's decision to reopen his recruitment.

Reactions: loca2874
Are there any freedoms on a 2nd portal, if the school has a coaching change?

Great news. With the right coaching, Sam can really help us the next 2 years. Coach did his job re-recruiting Sam.

After hearing him at the presser, I get the feeling he’ll welcome all those that want to stay, stay, even though he might like some to leave. A lot will depend on the 2 signees and whether Embery-Simpson and Early get their grades straightened out and how many new guys he wants/needs to right the ship.

Great news. With the right coaching, Sam can really help us the next 2 years. Coach did his job re-recruiting Sam.

After hearing him at the presser, I get the feeling he’ll welcome all those that want to stay, stay, even though he might like some to leave. A lot will depend on the 2 signees and whether Embery-Simpson and Early get their grades straightened out and how many new guys he wants/needs to right the ship.
I would not be upset if Embry Simpson and Early left.

I thought Early showed potential his freshman season. I wonder what he could do with a fresh start. Of course, academics must be improved before anything else.

I thought Early showed potential his freshman season. I wonder what he could do with a fresh start. Of course, academics must be improved before anything else.
Yeah, I'm gonna trust Konkol's evaluation on the current roster, from watching video. For the most part I think he will pick ⛏️ out the guys he can get more out of with better coaching. I'll trust his evaluation over Frank's.

Last edited:
The academics might kill their chances of staying on. New coach he might have them doing more bench time.he got griffin to stay.
New scheme, new staff… November is too far away

I would not be upset if Embry Simpson and Earley left.
Me either, actually....Kes, during the 1st semester of this
past season was supposedly a PG....Every time we had
the ball with him in possession, I caught myself being
more concerned about us keeping the ball than us
scoring it.....To be frank, he was a pathetic PG....He had
no sense of what a PG should be doing....

As to Earley, he has mostly been injured and unable to
play.....The little he has played did not look promising...
Really good rebounder, but both defense and offense
looked really under-developed

I can't help but think that Konkol&Co. can recruit much
better at both positions.....

Then, of course, there are the academics....

All of this of course, is dependent on staff decisions,
not what we think.....

Last edited:

not what we think.....
The academics will kill a team. Now he needs to look at them and see if they will be an Academic liability.

Really good rebounder, but defense and offense looked
really under-developed

not what we think.....
KES had a very poor +- rating. Can a coaching change fix this?

Are the “ interest from Tulsa” new contacts from Konkol? Or the old regime?

Coaching doesn’t help when he can’t shoot a lick
I thought his shooting was his best attribute He had no handle, not much defense, no rebounding, and seemingly no energy. I saw him in high school and he was so much better.

Yes Poindexter is our best but Wynette is very good I hate to see her go

Reactions: TU1NNJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT