ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Well, Konkol certainly inherited the toxic sludge site when he took the runaway carriage from Haith.

Konkol proved himself a good coach during his tenure at LaTech. Tulsa is a different situation, environment, etc., so he needs to prove himself a good coach that is able to adapt to the landscape he is in. My gut tells me that he will do just that. He however must retain nearly the entire roster, most especially Haggerty as well as all that were developing and contributing throughout the season. Those retained must move from being one of the youngest teams in the country to battle harden and seasoned players that fully understand their roles. The new signees need to be what they're projected, and we MUST have a big physical presence in the middle that can grab rebounds. We lost yesterday due to the lack of a big body that could fight for position and grab boards.

He's certainly got work to do ahead of next season but I believe he's up to the task.
Hoping for a great coach that we have to worry about leaving for the 'dream job'

Do they have a like emoji that signifies scared & excited at the same time?
Excited Lets Go GIF

Reactions: nevadanatural
Not really. He’s been a huge underachiever.

Plus he thinks hes THE MAN and would take away from PJ, so no thanks.
a starter in the Big 12, which is the toughest league in college basketball, averaging double figures. TU would take that. I guess you don’t like talent

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
I have to agree with Dough here, I don’t think Thompson would improve our team. If he was 6’11” then I would say take him but as is he would just siphon minutes from players as good or better.

As Kevin Wilson says “stats are for assistant coaches and losers.”
Same guy you're arguing with got total boners when we signed a couple guys who hadn't even managed to leave the bench at their prior schools. Go figure.

As Kevin Wilson says “stats are for assistant coaches and losers.”
And which team is losing? Bryce's team!

That said let's not hate on anyone. If a good player wants to come here and there is a spot for them and an appropriate role, never say never.

So we have one player out who was never really in! Chauncey Gibson.

So we have one player out who was never really in! Chauncey Gibson.
Huh, I thought he already had transferred. Guess he spent his transfer year on our roster. Hope he doesn't have to spend another transfer year on somebody else's roster, before he plays. I'm assuming he'll get immediate eligibility.

Reactions: drboobay
Huh, I thought he already had transferred. Guess he spent his transfer year on our roster. Hope he doesn't have to spend another transfer year on somebody else's roster, before he plays. I'm assuming he'll get immediate eligibility.
He transferred to UT Arlington in Jan 24.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
He transferred to UT Arlington in Jan 24.

I thought he had already transferred. Why is he back in the portal, because he couldn't get playing time there? He's having a rough go at it, if so. They said he was transferring from Tulsa, guess that was a mistake on the portals info.

I thought he had already transferred. Why is he back in the portal, because he couldn't get playing time there? He's having a rough go at it, if so. They said he was transferring from Tulsa, guess that was a mistake on the portals info.
Just reporting from the website link somebody posted which is inaccurate it seems.

Tulsa needs 1 big (6'10"+)-- an immediate starter most likely from the portal, Reed can be the 2nd and give quality minutes off the bench. We are set at the foward positions with Garcia, Hall, Barnes, and Carlous Williams. At guards we have Haggerty, Archie, Willis, and McWright, there we could use both a point (6'2" range) and a scorer (6'6" range).

Tulsa needs 1 big (6'10"+)-- an immediate starter most likely from the portal, Reed can be the 2nd and give quality minutes off the bench. We are set at the foward positions with Garcia, Hall, Barnes, and Carlous Williams. At guards we have Haggerty, Archie, Willis, and McWright, there we could use both a point (6'2" range) and a scorer (6'6" range).
At the moment we only have two scholarships. You are saying we need 3 players in addition to Smikle that committed awhile back.

I imagine at the minimum 1 player will enter the portal, maybe 2. I imagine Hall will be the first. We'll pick up 3 or 4 in the Portal/Juco/D2.

I don't know how Bryce Thompson got a 5 star high school rating ,
but it never transcended to the college game . Another case of
"Don't believe in all the hype" , He's not even close to Haggerty .
At the moment we only have two scholarships. You are saying we need 3 players in addition to Smikle that committed awhile back.

I imagine at the minimum 1 player will enter the portal, maybe 2. I imagine Hall will be the first. We'll pick up 3 or 4 in the Portal/Juco/D2.
Having a cohesive team for a year or two would be cool. It would say a lot about the coach, and I think it could make a huge difference, given how crazy college basketball is year in and year out.

That said, the chance we have less than 5 transfers is small.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT