ADVERTISEMENT

Marquis Shoulders Hits the Portal

Damnit... I hate this portal sh!t! I'm sure I'm not the only one that is completely losing interest in college football and basketball. I'm sure I'll feel slightly different once the season gets started...
same here, greedy people ruining everything

Who is Greedy?
All of these power conferences , they are trying to eliminate schools like Tulsa from having an opportunity to be a legitimate program , that’s why they want to have “ separate divisions “. The transfer portal needs to be way more regulated than it is , when a school like TU has a great player, the “ power conferences” are just going to come in and offer him more money and he will leave . We will never be competitive if things don’t change . I’m all for players getting something , but it should be closer to players getting anywhere from 1500 - 2000 a month , along with their scholarship, that’s a pretty sweet deal, if they are good enough to be making millions, then go to the nfl

Last edited:
All of these power conferences , they are trying to eliminate schools like Tulsa from having an opportunity to be a legitimate program , that’s why they want to have “ separate divisions “. The transfer portal needs to be way more regulated than it is , when a school like TU has a great player, the “ power conferences” are just going to come in and offer him more money and he will leave . We will never be competitive if things don’t change . I’m all for players getting something , but it should be closer to players getting anywhere from 1500 - 2000 a month , along with their scholarship, that’s a pretty sweet deal, if they are good enough to be making millions, then go to the nfl
Truth.

It's an ugly system that has evolved.

Looks like the NCAA is looking into a settlement with the players that might make it more rational.

But many hurdles. And unclear to me where Tulsa fits in.

Maybe the transfer portal should be subject to the same anti-trust oversight the SEC (gov't agency, not the conference) provides. I mean if some rogue a$$ judge is going to say limiting transfers to 1 free transfer without sitting out is a violation of anti-trust then so is all of the giant schools just ponying up 6 figures to pull good players away from smaller schools. They are eliminating competition in violation of anti-trust and actually making an unfair market place. The "we're going to form our own division and choose who is part and who isn't" is also a violation of anti-trust as it is aimed at reducing choice among consumers.

It's time the little guys hit back on this.

Maybe the transfer portal should be subject to the same anti-trust oversight the SEC (gov't agency, not the conference) provides. I mean if some rogue a$$ judge is going to say limiting transfers to 1 free transfer without sitting out is a violation of anti-trust then so is all of the giant schools just ponying up 6 figures to pull good players away from smaller schools. They are eliminating competition in violation of anti-trust and actually making an unfair market place. The "we're going to form our own division and choose who is part and who isn't" is also a violation of anti-trust as it is aimed at reducing choice among consumers.

It's time the little guys hit back on this.
Yep. And as I said in the other thread they are eventually going to have settle rather than face trial. They are running on fumes and know it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT