ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane game thread

But if we drop football those will be conference games. American kicks us out and Horizon picks us up.
We should go back to C-USA where we can win and compete in all our sports and have access to some of the bowl games we cannot get to from the American.

We should go back to C-USA where we can win and compete in all our sports and have access to some of the bowl games we cannot get to from the American.
We would be losing in CUSA too the way we are coached, we just need to get this nightmare coach out and get better

Reactions: TUBixby
I guess you just want to kill the program because with the lack of TV $$$ It would be shut down within 5 years.
Personally I just want us to have better coaching. With better coaching decisions we are 4-4 or better!

I guess you just want to kill the program because with the lack of TV $$$ It would be shut down within 5 years.
Personally I just want us to have better coaching. With better coaching decisions we are 4-4 or better!

hey you better stop with that logical talk! It’s not welcome in these parts!!!

Reactions: loca2874

First you start a thread suggesting we drop football.

Now you suggest we leave our former CUSA rival schools (Memphis, Houston, ECU, SMU, Tulane, UCF) who are now in the AAC & join CUSA 3.0 with few rivals, way less TV money, etc.

We did compete very well with our current conference mates over the previous 15 years & we can again with a good coach. If SMU can win in basketball & Tulane can win in football, you know we can win in both sports.

Let’s stop this garbage. I would expect it out of trolls from other schools. It shouldn’t be coming from our own fans.

First you start a thread suggesting we drop football.

Now you suggest we leave our former CUSA rival schools (Memphis, Houston, ECU, SMU, Tulane, UCF) who are now in the AAC & join CUSA 3.0 with few rivals, way less TV money, etc.

We did compete very well with our current conference mates over the previous 15 years & we can again with a good coach. If SMU can win in basketball & Tulane can win in football, you know we can win in both sports.

Let’s stop this garbage. I would expect it out of trolls from other schools. It shouldn’t be coming from our own fans.

Don’t feed the troll

Herb Hand
I posted a negative response then deleted, in case you saw it. Herb Hand might be a decent game manager if he had a good OC. I'm thinking Herb Hand w/ the Milkman as OC is not a bad low cost option. Need to retain Gillespie if possible. They might be open to backending their contract, towards spreading it out over years 2-4 when the tv money comes in.

Last edited:
He was co-OC during her glory years. Plus he has the kind of personality to bring people back into the stands. We need someone who can generate excitement and interest, besides winning.

Reactions: DoorMan
He was co-OC during her glory years. Plus he has the kind of personality to bring people back into the stands. We need someone who can generate excitement and interest, besides winning.
You are right he was co. That was for a good reason. Once again, I'm agreeing with you, with a caveat.(good OC) If he could bring some of the same energy as Graham without Graham...

I would definitely be for TG, I’m just trying to be realistic. So I’m throwing a name out there of a coach that knows TU, is proven, and has Texas ties. He is one of the best offensive line coaches in the country, for what is arguably our weakest part of the team. Plus has the kind of personality it takes to draw fans back. As a small example, HH is the only coach I can recall that we’ve ever had a live Q&A with on this message board. That impressed me.

Last edited:
Those are FREE tickets given away so folks who don’t buy tickets can sit in the high $$ donor seats. There’s plenty of space in the Reynolds without displacing season ticket holders!

Those tickets aren't free. They're donated, by a person who should probably be our AD. We barely averaged over half our capacity last year and didn't come close to a sell out.

Meanwhile for the last couple years, a huge group of local kids have missed school, to attend a basketball game.

When I was a kid:
Field trips to cool stuff were rare
Missing school was the best
I had no idea who TU was

Had I missed school to watch someone play basketball (I actually got bussed to state tournament as a freshman to watch the semis) I would have been hyped.

As an adult I would have generally positive feelings towards the university that got me out of class. I would remember that day. I would remember going on campus, the full arena.

Not really sure if there is anything likely to open the door to local support more than getting a bunch of kids excited about a game.

You can go join Gragg on the sideline and sit this one out.

Hand was co-offensive coordinator in name only, he was basically the line coach and did it well.

Reactions: TUBixby
Not sure but believe the whole offense coming back next year. OL will have a whole year under belt should be much better. Anybody know how many defensive starters come back?

Not sure but believe the whole offense coming back next year. OL will have a whole year under belt should be much better. Anybody know how many defensive starters come back?
Johnson Wr and Ivy OL graduate, so not all of offense. We lose a lot on defense, around 6 or 7 starters and a significant # of 2nd stringers who play a lot.

Johnson Wr and Ivy OL graduate, so not all of offense. We lose a lot on defense, around 6 or 7 starters and a significant # of 2nd stringers who play a lot.
It’s Game Over on defense, you got that right. We gonna have to grow like weeds in the spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT